It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
You can read 21 pages. I'm good.

Like you have something better to do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Hold on, let me log in as Caller Bob...

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 am 

It would be an interesting list to see what federal laws Chicago should ignore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Hold on, let me log in as Caller Bob...

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Man I miss Pinkman, bitch! I wish they would do a spinoff about him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 am 
Regular Reader wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Pick a lane. Or a constitutional section upon which to base your argument.

Was the "lawfulness of sanctuary cities under the 10th" lane not picked?

Get back to me when the feds get their asses kicked in court. There is no duty for the locals to actively here. If the ag, idiot potus and his yes men couldn't figure out the constitution yet, maybe they'll get it after the on coming thrashing

They did. In Arizona.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am 
pittmike wrote:

Ignoring when you and your team held somebody up as a hero for doing the same thing another is getting bashed for here. That's so unlike you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Ignoring when you and your team held somebody up as a hero for doing the same thing another is getting bashed for here. That's so unlike you.

I don't remember some clerk being my hero but you go ahead.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Ignoring when you and your team held somebody up as a hero for doing the same thing another is getting bashed for here.

This is quite a sentence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:20 am 
rogers park bryan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Ignoring when you and your team held somebody up as a hero for doing the same thing another is getting bashed for here.

This is quite a sentence

Thanks. Oxford will be using it in advanced writing courses this fall. You should sign up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Baby McNown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

This is quite a sentence

Thanks. Oxford will be using it in advanced writing courses this fall. You should sign up.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Regular Reader wrote:
I had forgotten her name.

Jln, this is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. She was actively denying people their civil rights. Entirely differentmatter.

I don't think so, especially when this is your major premise:

Regular Reader wrote:
Jln, you're completely missing the point here. The federal government cannot force local and state actors to actively enforce solely federal law. Think California, Colorado and other states with legal marijuana

That premise is unequivocal, by my reading of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:11 am 

So now you want to force the local police to enforce the Internal Revenue code as well?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
So now you want to force the local police to enforce the Internal Revenue code as well?

Huh? YOU made the unequivocal statement, quoted again for reference:

Quote:
The federal government cannot force local and state actors to actively enforce solely federal law.

Obviously there was an exception made to that with Kim Davis, which you ostensibly think is good. However, you think not forcing local governments to enforce federal immigration law is also a good thing. I just want to know your reasoning for the inconsistent logic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:39 am 
Regular Reader wrote:

Quote:
The federal government cannot force local and state actors to actively enforce solely federal law.

Obviously there was an exception made to that with Kim Davis, which you ostensibly think is good. However, you think not forcing local governments to enforce federal immigration law is also a good thing. I just want to know your reasoning for the inconsistent logic.

It's not an unequivocal statement. Federal taxes are solely a federal law.

The inconsistent logic about Kim Davis is very prevalent in this thread but the exact opposite of what you are asserting. The group of people who are up in arms that the Tiny Dancer won't use CPD to do ICE's job are the same people who think that Kim Davis was some sort of hero for refusing to issue marriage licences to the icky gays when the BHO Admin told her to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Quote:

The inconsistent logic about Kim Davis is very prevalent in this thread but the exact opposite of what you are asserting. The group of people who are up in arms that the Tiny Dancer won't use CPD to do ICE's job are the same people who think that Kim Davis was some sort of hero for refusing to issue marriage licences to the icky gays when the BHO Admin told her to.

Thank you. It's not just me.

The logic JLN is using is difficult to follow especially as there are so many clear distinctions and this is so clearly an apples to oranges comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Baby McNown wrote:
The group of people who are up in arms that the Tiny Dancer won't use CPD to do ICE's job are the same people who think that Kim Davis was some sort of hero for refusing to issue marriage licences to the icky gays when the BHO Admin told her to.

And vice versa, right?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:36 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
The group of people who are up in arms that the Tiny Dancer won't use CPD to do ICE's job are the same people who think that Kim Davis was some sort of hero for refusing to issue marriage licences to the icky gays when the BHO Admin told her to.

And vice versa, right?

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Quote:

The logic JLN is using is difficult to follow especially as there are so many clear distinctions and this is so clearly an apples to oranges comparison.

I'll try again: Why is the federal government forcing a state actor to enforce federal law in one instance good, but the same federal government forcing a state actor to enforce federal law in another instance bad?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Reader/ McNown team has 1 minute to reply

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
The Reader/ McNown team has 1 minute to reply

[Something that sounds like an argument but isn't really, like "civil rights are different"]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 pm 
Regular Reader wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Quote:

I'll try again: Why is the federal government forcing a state actor to enforce federal law in one instance good, but the same federal government forcing a state actor to enforce federal law in another instance bad?

You tell us.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:49 pm 

I've never said that it is good or bad in this instance.

But are you really blind to the fact that on one hand you have the feds trying to force locals to actively use their resources to enforce a wholly federal (& possibly unconstitutional) mandate and on the other you have a local actor under color of law actively denying some their Constitutionally protected rights?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:

You tell us.

And include your usual dissertation on how all things not specifically enumerated shall remain in the sole province of the states, (or such other mumbo jumbo :wink: ) should NOT apply in this instance.

For others here is the 10th Amendment Juice loves when talking State's rights, until now. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:53 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

But are you really blind to the fact that on one hand you have the feds trying to force locals to actively use their resources to enforce a wholly federal (& possibly unconstitutional) mandate and on the other you have a local actor under color of law actively denying some their Constitutionally protected rights?

Which one is which?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Which one is which?

I guess the 14th Amendment doesn't exist in your world.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Which one is which?

:lol: Lighten up, Francis.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm 
Juice I'm going to pull a PittMike and not go back and read 21 pages, but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know which side of the Kim Davis argument you are on. Why do you think Tiny Dancer should just roll over for Trump and Sessions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:04 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Which one is which?

:lol: Lighten up, Francis.

But does it??? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next