It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: AmeriKKKa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
That was what we in the "community" refer to as the overlay for the underlay move.

People were so accepting of him that a damn birther movement was initiated. Outcome of it is the goof that we have currently.

Your girl Hillary started the birther movement.

Classic Revisionism!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
That was what we in the "community" refer to as the overlay for the underlay move.

People were so accepting of him that a damn birther movement was initiated. Outcome of it is the goof that we have currently.

Classic Revisionism!

Thought it was well established that a guy close to Hillary was quietly trying to shop the Obama Born In Kenya Theory to an investigative reporter?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Apologist wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another 4chan gangster
https://youtu.be/gnXBeQwmmrc

"You took it off when people were chasing you."

Well, yeah, that's the whole point of political violence: getting people to (at least superficially) change their views under threat of imminent violence. People were chasing this guy, who wasn't shown being violent, and he was scared into submission...that shouldn't exactly be celebrated.

:lol:

I read your post before watching the video and was expecting to find someone being physically assaulted.

Sorry 4chanFredo got verbally shamed out of his faux white power beliefs

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Apologist wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another 4chan gangster
https://youtu.be/gnXBeQwmmrc

Well, yeah, that's the whole point of political violence: getting people to (at least superficially) change their views under threat of imminent violence. People were chasing this guy, who wasn't shown being violent, and he was scared into submission...that shouldn't exactly be celebrated.

I read your post before watching the video and was expecting to find someone being physically assaulted.

Sorry 4chanFredo got verbally shamed out of his faux white power beliefs

Quote:

K.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Classic Revisionism!

Thought it was well established that a guy close to Hillary was quietly trying to shop the Obama Born In Kenya Theory to an investigative reporter?

Even if that was the case and from what I recalled it was debunked that still doesn't constitute "starting a movement". Biases abound around here. They really do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 pm 

JLN, my heart goes out to the kid for having to run and take his shirt off. Hopefully he has good health insurance

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

JLN, my heart goes out to the kid for having to run and take his shirt off. Hopefully he has good health insurance

I hope he got some sun! Dude's got a higher albedo than the moon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Albino shaming, what's next?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Classic Revisionism!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... l-no-ther/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Albino shaming, what's next?

Albinos: too much of a good thing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You'd have to fix other racist forces first. You start with economics. Look at unenemployment figures for blacks as compared to whites. Look at the median incomes of whites and blacks. Great disparity. When you look at the avg home prices for black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods the difference would blow your mind.

You start there. It's why it has been funny to hear about all of the "white working class angst " which Trump supposedly tapped into. Blacks in this country have never known anything but angst. When they bitch everyone tells them to shut the fuck up. How dare they complain with all the benefits inherent to this "great" country. The leaders of the shut the fuck up movement have been right wing Republicans.

Glad to see that LTG has not changed. Economics = racist forces.

When you see people repealing Affirmative Action programs how could you think otherwise? I'm sure you probably don't ever think about this much do you? Just seems to blow right on by.

I'm sure you are of the mindset that it is all about hard work and conversely laziness

You are always certain of everyone else's mindset. It's why you say that challenging your thoughts means the other party is racist.

Capitalism is built on inequality. That's the system. To say that racial bias is the sole reason for some people being less wealthy is self-pity at best. Asians currently make the most money per capita. I don't think it was racial bias that got them there.

There are many factors beyond race, but I'm certain that you will see that as racist. Hard work is totally arbitrary. If "hard work" was the sole reason for wealth then African slaves would probably be the richest group of Americans in the mid 19th century.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Classic Revisionism!

Quote:
According to an article in McClatchy, Asher wrote, "During that meeting, Mr. Blumenthal and I met together in my office, and he strongly urged me to investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya. We assigned a reporter to go to Kenya, and that reporter determined that the allegation was false."

Blumenthal worked in the Clinton White House and later had a stint at the Clinton Foundation. There’s no question that he is a Clinton insider, but as for the rest of Asher’s story, Blumenthal denies it. He has told several news organizations "this is false."

"On Kenya, your person in the field might look into the impact there of Obama’s public comments about his father. I’m told by State Dept officials that Obama publicly derided his father on his visit there and that was regarded as embarrassing," Blumenthal wrote.

Asher gave a new statement to McClatchy that steps back a bit from the certainty he expressed in his original tweet.

"Blumenthal visited the Washington Bureau of McClatchy, where he and I met in my office. During that conversation and in subsequent communications, we discussed a number of matters related to Obama. He encouraged McClatchy to do stories related to Obama and his connections to Kenya."

This is very much a case of Politifact denying facts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Classic Revisionism!

Quote:
According to an article in McClatchy, Asher wrote, "During that meeting, Mr. Blumenthal and I met together in my office, and he strongly urged me to investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya. We assigned a reporter to go to Kenya, and that reporter determined that the allegation was false."

Blumenthal worked in the Clinton White House and later had a stint at the Clinton Foundation. There’s no question that he is a Clinton insider, but as for the rest of Asher’s story, Blumenthal denies it. He has told several news organizations "this is false."

"On Kenya, your person in the field might look into the impact there of Obama’s public comments about his father. I’m told by State Dept officials that Obama publicly derided his father on his visit there and that was regarded as embarrassing," Blumenthal wrote.

Asher gave a new statement to McClatchy that steps back a bit from the certainty he expressed in his original tweet.

"Blumenthal visited the Washington Bureau of McClatchy, where he and I met in my office. During that conversation and in subsequent communications, we discussed a number of matters related to Obama. He encouraged McClatchy to do stories related to Obama and his connections to Kenya."

This is very much a case of Politifact denying facts.

It gets worst. This is straight out of the Fox News playbook. Is it really surprising that you saw the article in the partisan way you see everything. If you read the article it clearly states that Asher was found to be lying.

Even if Asher were proven to be telling the truth it is hard to suggest that the conversation would be able to spawn an entire movement.

Connections to Kenya aren't the same as Born in Kenya. It is interesting how you refuse to see a connection between Trump and racists yet you willingly accept this as irrefutable truth. Really interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You can argue until the cows come home about who started the Kenya movement regarding Obama's birthplace. There really isn't much point to it now.

A question I have for the class is why is it racist? It has been said on the board many times that no matter who started it it is being racist to propagate that. Isn't it really just a issue of those against Obama using whatever they can find to disqualify him? It certainly seemed to me to be a right versus left thing and a right side desire for Obama to be gone.

That sounds like politics to me. Bad politics? Maybe? But we already knew Obama was half black. Why did going after the birthplace matter in that sense?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:40 am 

pittmike wrote:
You can argue until the cows come home about who started the Kenya movement regarding Obama's birthplace. There really isn't much point to it now.

A question I have for the class is why is it racist? It has been said on the board many times that no matter who started it it is being racist to propagate that. Isn't it really just a issue of those against Obama using whatever they can find to disqualify him? It certainly seemed to me to be a right versus left thing and a right side desire for Obama to be gone.

That sounds like politics to me. Bad politics? Maybe? But we already knew Obama was half black. Why did going after the birthplace matter in that sense?

1. Donald Trump was not a politician at that point

2. He went out of his way to delegitimize the first black President in history. If Obama were white that would never have gotten much traction.

3. White Supremacist groups were the people that pushed it more than anymore

Here is the pattern that I'm detecting and it is typical of right wing Conservatives. Everyone readily admits that racism exists but individual cases of racism are never racist.

It's good politics when the guy isn't even in politics? He lied and played on the racial fears of people in this country that are most in tuned with this sort of thing. If Obama were white and possibly born in the U.K. do you think Fox News would have ran with it every night?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
pittmike wrote:

Because he was the first black president in U.S. history and they were falsely attempting to de-legitimize him by saying he was born in Africa.

It would have been different if it was true, but it wasn't... so that makes it pretty damning.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 am 

I guess I can see your two guy's points. I know the right would do anything to get him out. I just assumed the birthplace was a convenient way. I could see the left ousting the McCain in Panama birth as that was mentioned a couple times. Certainly, I could see a push to oust Trump if there was any murkiness in that regard.

In the end I do not deny there were many racial opposition points regarding Obama.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

1. Donald Trump was not a politician at that point

2. He went out of his way to delegitimize the first black President in history. If Obama were white that would never have gotten much traction.

3. White Supremacist groups were the people that pushed it more than anymore

Here is the pattern that I'm detecting and it is typical of right wing Conservatives. Everyone readily admits that racism exists but individual cases of racism are never racist.

It's good politics when the guy isn't even in politics? He lied and played on the racial fears of people in this country that are most in tuned with this sort of thing. If Obama were white and possibly born in the U.K. do you think Fox News would have ran with it every night?

That was my thinking actually. Yes I do. I think Fox hated him so much they would have done the same if he were born at the North Pole.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
leashyourkids wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Because he was the first black president in U.S. history and they were falsely attempting to de-legitimize him by saying he was born in Africa.

It would have been different if it was true, but it wasn't... so that makes it pretty damning.

The same was done to McCain,.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
pittmike wrote:

McCain was literally born in Panama. Nobody is disputing that, not even John McCain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Danica's Pit Stop
False equivalences are the argument of the weak. There's been a lot of that going around lately.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 am 

Douchebag wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
pittmike wrote:

McCain was literally born in Panama. Nobody is disputing that, not even John McCain.

Never let the facts get in the way of another Chas Propagandist spin job/false equivalency. The irony is that Obama's not being born in Kenya was given much more attention by Republicans than McCain's being born in Panama. There wasn't a movement to ask him to drop out because of it either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am 

long time guy wrote:
The irony is that Obama's not being born in Kenya was given much more attention by Republicans than McCain's being born in Panama.
That isn't really true either. McCain's status was such a big deal they had Congressional hearings about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The irony is that Obama's not being born in Kenya was given much more attention by Republicans than McCain's being born in Panama.
That isn't really true either. McCain's status was such a big deal they had Congressional hearings about it.

When? I must have missed it and I don't recall anyone asking him to drop out. They were probably attempting to establish the legality but I remember them deciding that it was legal since his dad was in the military.

Neither the Dems nor the mainstream media were asking the guy to dropout.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am 

McCain made it easier. He volunteered his birth cert. Obama refused to do that. So in a way he could have nipped it in the bud but refused. Like his college transcripts. But that is none of my business where are Trump's taxes? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:35 am 

pittmike wrote:
Like his college transcripts. But that is none of my business where are Trump's taxes? :lol:

Oh Jesus Christ..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 am 

Good chance that Obama probably claimed to be from Kenya when it came to getting college financial aid. But he was obviously born in Hawaii.

Yes it is.

long time guy wrote:
(OKC) will be the #2 seed in the West due to these 2 moves. Watch out world.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Can you explain how what I said wasn't true?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... hn-mccain/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

When? I must have missed it and I don't recall anyone asking him to drop out. They were probably attempting to establish the legality but I remember them deciding that it was legal since his dad was in the military.

Neither the Dems nor the mainstream media were asking the guy to dropout.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/110th-congress/senate-resolution/511

It's hard to get much more attention in Washington than hearings and ultimately a resolution passed about it. It also would be hard to tell someone to drop out for not being a natural born citizen when he has had that happen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Can you explain how what I said wasn't true?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... hn-mccain/
McCain received the most attention possible about his birth status given there were Congressional hearings about it and a resolution passed.

So, pretty much all of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next