It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ceres
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm 

Checked in yesterday around 4 and discovered that they have 20% surcharge on all bills Friday only. Fridays just happens to be "community" day in there if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Ceres
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
long time guy wrote:
Checked in yesterday around 4 and discovered that they have 20% surcharge on all bills Friday only. Fridays just happens to be "community" day in there if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol:

It has been like that forever . They do it to help the staff because it is the busiest day of the week for them on take out orders for the Fish sandwich,might not not be as busy because of the closing of the pits. Shut up once again with the looking for racism in ever corner bullshit okay man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It has been like that forever . They do it to help the staff because it is the busiest day of the week for them on take out orders for the Fish sandwich,might not not be as busy because of the closing of the pits. Shut up once again with the looking for racism in ever corner bullshit okay man.

That was complete nonsense. Busiest day because of a demand for fish sandwiches, but not busy because the pits are closed.

And for ownership to "help" the staff? GTFO

Last edited by Regular Reader on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:33 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Dude you are full of shit as usual. I have been in there numerous times and never noticed the 20% surcharge sign. I also have never had to pay for $15 dollars for a drink. Is it really surprising that you have taken this position?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That was complete nonsense. Busiest day because of a demand for fish sandwiches, but not busy because the pits are closed.

And for ownership to "help" the staff? GTFO

The spin jobs on here know no ends. It has always been that way yet no one seemed to have any recollection of it. There definitely has never been a sign posted at the front desk.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
My office has been two blocks away for about a decade. Not a frequent patron, maybe 4-5x/year.

Ever since they had the management change a couple of years ago, it went down hill fast. We all agreed last time (March?) That we weren't going back.

If I want to pay $15/drink in the summer, I will do so in the Hyatt rooftop over at Monroe and Clark. Meet some out of town friends there for an hour yesterday, and the weather and view were perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You are 100% wrong. It has not been like that forever. Its new in the last couple years

It is kind of weird how it's 99% black people in there on Fridays like I don't care but I just don't know what happened to create that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You are 100% wrong. It has not been like that forever. Its new in the last couple years

It is kind of weird how it's 99% black people in there on Fridays like I don't care but I just don't know what happened to create that

This is why this dude catches it all the time. He jumps in with declarative "shut up" statements as if this couldn't possibly be true. Makes up some bullshit about fish sandwiches in order to validate his idiocy. It's race carding because I have the common sense to surmise that the one day that blacks are in there is the one day that they institute the surcharge.

I was hoping that you'd chime in because I figured that you'd know about this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This is why this dude catches it all the time. He jumps in with declarative "shut up" statements as if this couldn't possibly be true. Makes up some bullshit about fish sandwiches in order to validate his idiocy. It's race carding because I have the common sense to surmise that the one day that blacks are in there is the one day that they institute the surcharge.

Yes, he talks out of his ass often.. I gotta ask, why would blacks be there in fridays?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm 

312player wrote:
long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yes, he talks out of his ass often.. I gotta ask, why would blacks be there in fridays?

It's a good pregame drinking spot for the young black professional crowd. They pour good and you can catch a decent looking chick or two in there from time to time. Shake loose about 7ish and move around in the River North area afterwards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 am 

Yea, but those things have always been true. Sadly its probably more the floor going away and as those regulars left, someone had to replace them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58 am 

It always seemed like a place where happy hour started at noon on a Friday and the sexual harassment of female clerks flowed like the vodka they poured into water glasses. One of my former sister in laws used to love going there. She now shacks up with an NWI drug dealer.