It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Nintendo, once again, failed to learn from past mistakes and proceeded to manufacture an extremely limited and well-below demand number of SNES Classics. They did a similar thing with the NES Classic last year. Shortly after announcing the SNES Classic, Nintendo of America stated that they will make "significantly more" SNES Classics to handle the demand. Well, that is not true in the slightest. Pre-orders went live, unannounced today mind you, with extremely limited numbers (some stores only having 9 for pre-order).

U.S. retailers also share the blame for this. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. all proceeded to do surprise, unannounced pre-orders with their very limited stock. Even people who signed up to be notified by Amazon, Walmart, Bets Buy when the item was available for pre-order, received no notification at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:29 pm 

likemarsen wrote:
Nintendo, once again, failed to learn from past mistakes and proceeded to manufacture an extremely limited and well-below demand number of SNES Classics. They did a similar thing with the NES Classic last year. Shortly after announcing the SNES Classic, Nintendo of America stated that they will make "significantly more" SNES Classics to handle the demand. Well, that is not true in the slightest. Pre-orders went live, unannounced today mind you, with extremely limited numbers (some stores only having 9 for pre-order).

U.S. retailers also share the blame for this. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. all proceeded to do surprise, unannounced pre-orders with their very limited stock. Even people who signed up to be notified by Amazon, Walmart, Bets Buy when the item was available for pre-order, received no notification at all.

I'll sell you my pre-ordered system for $500.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
If you really want to play a classic NES or SNES game, use an emulator on your computer.

If you want to play a real video game, buy a PS4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
right company, but wrong reason to DB them.

The SNES only has a 5 foot long cord from the controller to the console which makes it unplayable unless you sit right on top of your tv.

That right there is all you need to Dbag this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 pm 

shakes wrote:

The SNES only has a 5 foot long cord from the controller to the console which makes it unplayable unless you sit right on top of your tv.

The NES classic last year was only a 3 foot long cable FWIW. The chords on the original Nintendo's were 6 feet, so I don't understand why they didn't even bother matching the original specs.

I got around the issue with my NES classic by just buying a massively long HDMI cable that I pull out when needed and just placed the NES classic next to me on the coffee table or couch. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shorter cords on the older consoles made sense as you were likely working with a 27" CRT instead of the big screen HDTV's we have today

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm 

shakes wrote:

SNES Classic has 6 ft. cords...and they made the NES Classic have such short cords because, for some reason, they decided to not put a Home/Reset button on the NES Classic controller...thus, it necessitated sitting close to the console to use save features.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm 

i'm set up on amazon to receive an email notification when it's available. i think people misinterpreted that as getting a pre-order notification. as far as i know it's just supposed to happen when it actually hits their inventory. it'll probably be at some insane hour. i get up super early on fridays but not that early...hoping there will be a few hanging around on the site by 4:45am.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i'm set up on amazon to receive an email notification when it's available. i think people misinterpreted that as getting a pre-order notification. as far as i know it's just supposed to happen when it actually hits their inventory. it'll probably be at some insane hour. i get up super early on fridays but not that early...hoping there will be a few hanging around on the site by 4:45am.

No, the email was for pre-order notifications. I just received an email from Amazon about the Xbox One X pre-orders being live. I went to Amazon and pre-ordered it without issue. Retailers screwed the pooch on the SNES Classic pre-orders.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 pm 

It was a notification for product availability, not pre-order. That wasn't offered by Amazon. It's not treated like the bigger consoles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:18 pm 

likemarsen wrote:
W_Z wrote:

No, the email was for pre-order notifications. I just received an email from Amazon about the Xbox One X pre-orders being live. I went to Amazon and pre-ordered it without issue. Retailers screwed the pooch on the SNES Classic pre-orders.

If they would've announced when the pre-orders were going live, it would have been an even bigger clusterfuck. I got one, and it wasn't too difficult.

Do the internet better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:04 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
likemarsen wrote:
W_Z wrote:

If they would've announced when the pre-orders were going live, it would have been an even bigger clusterfuck. I got one, and it wasn't too difficult.

Do the internet better.

I got an SNES Classic...as well as an Xbox One X pre-order. I'm doing the internet just fine thank you very much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm 

i'm not going out of my way to get one of these things...if it doesn't work out, so be it. there is no reason these fucking things shouldn't be stocking stuffers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
likemarsen wrote:
shakes wrote:

SNES Classic has 6 ft. cords...and they made the NES Classic have such short cords because, for some reason, they decided to not put a Home/Reset button on the NES Classic controller...thus, it necessitated sitting close to the console to use save features.

nope, its a 5 foot cord according to every article I looked at.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 am 

W_Z wrote:
i'm not going out of my way to get one of these things...if it doesn't work out, so be it. there is no reason these fucking things shouldn't be stocking stuffers.

Fuck. Nintendo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 am 

W_Z wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Fuck. Nintendo.

I've heard they were pretty much everywhere today. Supposedly Target and Best Buy got a shitload of them in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:14 am 

All gone by the time they opened. Same with Gamestop. I'm not doing a wild goose chase for these fucking things. This is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I went around trying to find a NES original and once I finally got one I played it for maybe a week. My son and I will wind up playing it occasionally but it pretty much just sits there now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:31 am 

W_Z wrote:
All gone by the time they opened. Same with Gamestop. I'm not doing a wild goose chase for these fucking things. This is ridiculous.

That's strange. I've read all about this second hand, but I heard stories that most Target's and Best Buy's got over 100 at each location, and people were able to snag one even if they showed up 30 minutes after they opened. If you didn't get one today, I would think you'll be able to find one before xmas. Supposedly there will be much higher stock than last year's NES Classic, but again this is Nintendo we are talking about here...

My preorder should be arriving today, so I'm good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
W_Z wrote:

Did you check the Target on Diehl rd?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
My original Super Nintendo I got for Christmas in 1992 still works to this day. I have 15 of the games for it that are on the SNES Classic. No need to pick one up at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm kind of in that boat, have a NES and SNES that are functional, but they look horrible in HD. Does this new thing look better?

I have a gift card to Best buy but out here there's none available there or at Gamestop. They're answering the phone at Gamestop with "we're out of SNES Classic, my name is Tony"