It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hillary Clinton
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I don't think that understand what my original point was either. Can you show me where I advocated for the removal of Israel? Stating that Israel should not have been created on land where the vast majority of Palestinians resided isn't exactly the same as advocating for its removal. There is a distinction.
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Funny have you conflate Palestine with the entire Middle East. Typical spin job. Unsurprising though.
My mistake. Where in the Middle East should Israel be?

It shouldn't be on the land where Palestinians resided. My views are known and not going to change.

What are yours by the way? Should that land have been taken from Palestinians for the purpose of establishing an Israeli state?

I'm not going to get into a drawn out discussion either.

As far as where an Israeli should have been. Any area where indigenous people didn't reside.

Let's solve this going forward though so we can move on.

ltg,
Do you believe Israel as it exists today should exist in whole or in part along with some version of a state of Palestine on the same land that it currently resides on?

I think it should exist in conjunction with a Palestinian state. I think that Palestinians deserve their own country. I do not advocate for the annihilation of Israel. My contention is with how it was created. I'm not Arabian and I will never proclaim to tell them how to feel about the creation of Israel. MANY have no such inhibitions however.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
IMU wrote:
Ogle keeps bringing up the 1947 partition. Fine. Let's go with that then. No one gets Jerusalem.

And if we want to go by current majorities, East Jerusalem is predominantly Arab / Muslim. If this is about assigning states to the majority ethnic group, let's do it.

Partition went off the table the minute the Arabs rejected it and went to war.

After losing that war, they again tried war in 1956, 1967, and 1973. They do not deserve a mulligan for rejecting partition (they also did this in 1939 with the Peel Commission).

Jerusalem is now Israeli (also it is significantly a majority Israeli at this point) and it will remain undivided. The Palestinians can plant their flag in Ramallah. They lost any claim to J'lem through their last 70 years of bumbling.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 am 

So ltg says Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East on at least a portion of the land they currently occupy! We've done good work here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So ltg says Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East on at least a portion of the land they currently occupy! We've done good work here!

BRick, the Jimmy Carter of CFMB.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:57 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Now take off that cardigan(for a month), turn off the ac and open a window.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Acceptance and Right to have are two separate things. Unsurprising that you would not be able to make the distinction.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Acceptance and Right to have are two separate things. Unsurprising that you would not be able to make the distinction.

We were so close. Don't ruin this by going back on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Given today's realities I don't think that wars should be fought over it. Then again I'm neither Palestinian nor Arab and I have not had to deal with the experience of living with it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jerusalem is now Israeli

According to very few people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Given today's realities I don't think that wars should be fought over it. Then again I'm neither Palestinian nor Arab and I have not had to deal with the experience of living with it.
So you don't think Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East? I'm very confused.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So you don't think Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East? I'm very confused.

You shouldn't be. I do not think it should have been created on land inhabited by Arabs or Palestinians or whatever name you wish to ascribe. If there is land that isn't inhabited by anyone then they should be allowed to settle on it. I find it interesting (not really) that everyone is so cavalier about this. People aren't really all that dumbfounded about this either. There is no way in hell that the people advocating for the creation of Israel would feel similarly if something like this happened in this country.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You shouldn't be. I do not think it should have been created on land inhabited by Arabs or Palestinians or whatever name you wish to ascribe. If there is land that isn't inhabited by anyone then they should be allowed to settle on it. I find it interesting (not really) that everyone is so cavalier about this. People aren't really all that dumbfounded about this either. There is no way in hell that the people advocating for the creation of Israel would feel similarly if something like this happened in this country.
It's posts like this that cause people to think that you think that Israel doesn't have the right to exist in the Middle East.

As for your last point, the United States is a recognized country. The land we are speaking of here was not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Did he announce his Presidential run for the Democrats in the town where the KKK had its headquarters like Jimmy Carter did?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I've asked this before, but can someone besides Ogie and IMU tell me what is the majority in Jerusalem?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
City of Fools wrote:
I've asked this before, but can someone besides Ogie and IMU tell me what is the majority in Jerusalem?

n 2015, Jerusalem had a population of some 850,000 residents, comprising ca. 200,000 secular Jewish Israelis, 350,000 Ultra-Orthodox Jews and 300,000 Palestinians.[28] In 2011, the population numbered 801,000, of which Jews comprised 497,000 (62%), Muslims 281,000 (35%), Christians 14,000 (around 2%) and 9,000 (1%) were not classified by religion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You shouldn't be. I do not think it should have been created on land inhabited by Arabs or Palestinians or whatever name you wish to ascribe. If there is land that isn't inhabited by anyone then they should be allowed to settle on it. I find it interesting (not really) that everyone is so cavalier about this. People aren't really all that dumbfounded about this either. There is no way in hell that the people advocating for the creation of Israel would feel similarly if something like this happened in this country
Quote:
It's posts like this that cause people to think that you think that Israel doesn't have the right to exist in the Middle East.

It still doesn't make me Anti Semitic to hold this particular viewpoint.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You shouldn't be. I do not think it should have been created on land inhabited by Arabs or Palestinians or whatever name you wish to ascribe. If there is land that isn't inhabited by anyone then they should be allowed to settle on it. I find it interesting (not really) that everyone is so cavalier about this. People aren't really all that dumbfounded about this either. There is no way in hell that the people advocating for the creation of Israel would feel similarly if something like this happened in this country
Quote:

So one last time. ltg does not think that Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East. Correct?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Quote:

So one last time. ltg does not think that Israel has a right to exist in the Middle East. Correct?

NOT ON LAND INHABITED BY PALESTINIANS. If you don't quite grasp it then I'm done. Have a good one.

If you think I'm anti Semitic because I hold this particular viewpoint then so be it. Remember this the next time you or anyone else makes the fraudulent claims about Trump voters being racist. Funny how this works isn't it. People on here can accuse me of this without rebuke yet I have never accused one person voting for Trump on here to be racist yet it passes for consensus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:14 pm 

LTG, where should Israel go?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I don't think that understand what my original point was either. Can you show me where I advocated for the removal of Israel? Stating that Israel should not have been created on land where the vast majority of Palestinians resided isn't exactly the same as advocating for its removal. There is a distinction.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

long time guy wrote:
NOT ON LAND INHABITED BY PALESTINIANS. If you don't quite grasp it then I'm done. Have a good one.

If you think I'm anti Semitic because I hold this particular viewpoint then so be it. Remember this the next time you or anyone else makes the fraudulent claims about Trump voters being racist. Funny how this works isn't it. People on here can accuse me of this without rebuke yet I have never accused one person voting for Trump on here to be racist yet it passes for consensus.

Now, what part of current day Israel is not on land that was at one point inhabited by at least some PALESTINIANS? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
LTG, where should Israel go?

There may be some real estate opening up on the Korean peninsula shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 pm 

Sums it nicely

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QuNxFbTRRw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:

Posting a link to anti-Semitic literature probably isn't the best way to make the case that you're not anti-Semitic. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Posting a link to anti-Semitic literature probably isn't the best way to make the case that you're not anti-Semitic. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Did he announce his Presidential run for the Democrats in the town where the KKK had its headquarters like Jimmy Carter did?

Stone Mountain?

Did he also trot the whorish and racist push to return states' rights as well as the other guy did from his script?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So anyone that makes the case against Israel is Necessarily Anti Semitic? Nice way to continuously paint with that broad brush.

I'm pretty sure that your case regarding Islamophobia would be more difficult to prove.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Stone Mountain?

Did he also trot the whorish and racist push to return states' rights as well as the other guy did from his script?

I'm not sure that's right. I think that was something Lee Atwater came up with and Reagan ran with it. And I'm pretty sure the KKK was started in Tennessee.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So anyone that makes the case against Israel is Necessarily Anti Semitic? Nice way to continuously paint with that broad brush.

I'm pretty sure that your case regarding Islamophobia would be more difficult to prove.

Since "islamophobia" isn't anything but a propaganda word, I won't even address that sentence. But I will say that Alison Weir isn't exactly a unbiased observer of Middle Eastern geopolitics.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Stone Mountain?

I'm not sure that's right. I think that was something Lee Atwater came up with and Reagan ran with it. And I'm pretty sure the KKK was started in Tennessee.

On Pulaski Road in Tennessee, I think. I guess it runs all the way down there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next