It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Hillary Clinton
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:58 pm 

Yeah I'm going there. Being that I'm a man of immense integrity, I'd be remiss if I didn't call her out on this bullshit. I know some may view this as one of the biggest swerve moves (Curt Hennig "Where's My Spot" worthy) in history, but I feel it is necessary to db "The Hills" for her latest misstep.

This book thing is a bad idea. Blaming Sanders, Obama, and others for losing is simply wrong. I don't think she is necessarily wrong in her assessment but ultimately it is her call on how she wanted to conduct the campaign.

She didn't handle Sanders with kit gloves because of Obama. She didn't believe that there was a need to be tougher on him. He was never a real threat. If she wanted to go after Sanders then she should have went after Sanders. She made a miscalculation and she has to own it.

Too little, too late for her to embrace her "inner bitch" now. The campaign and her career are over. She is simply whistling past the graveyard now with all of this post election scapegoating.

Post subject: Re: Hillary Clinton
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Welcome to the club, LTG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
It's kid gloves.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
long time guy wrote:
I don't think she is necessarily wrong in her assessment

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Ltg deserves a shoutout.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
She sounds pathetic. Get over it...you lost. You lost to a joke of a candidate. People don't like you and MANY hate you. Deal with it, STFU, and go away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
She's even blaming the women in the women's march now. Said something like "I could have used all that passion in November." I thought she still had designs on running one last time but she's just burning bridges I didn't think were flammable to begin with. It's embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What do you mean?

I think the right play was to go after Sanders and I said so at the time. Obama was wrong for telling her to lay off Sanders if he in fact did that. Once she decides not to do it, it's not on him. It's on her. If she can't run her campaign and make decisions without regret how will she be able to run the country?

I also don't agree with the whole book thing as the way to get the message out. Go away for awhile and if you want to revisit then revisit. Too soon for this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 pm 

If there's anything the 2016 election told us, it's that most people are just tired of bullshit. It's not about policy, and it's not about ideology. People who aren't married to a party or a candidate (which is most people) are just tired of bullshit.

Our last Republican president ran up the largest debt in the history of the country and grew the Federal government to unprecedented levels. Our last Democratic president unilaterally killed thousands of innocent people with unmanned drones, including U.S. citizens, and presided over a period of time in which the poor and working classes who voted for him saw LESS opportunity than they did before his tenure. People. are. simply. tired. of bullshit. and. rhetoric.

If you watch videos of Trump supporters when they are asked about comments he makes or things he does that are ridiculous, they will almost always immediately say "I don't care." They don't care how ridiculous he is because he at least comes off as someone who is genuine (even if he also comes off as missing a chromosome).

Bernie Sanders supporters are similar. Time and time again, people were asked about the feasibility of his policies, and those people said "I don't care." They just saw a guy who seemed to be ideologically consistent and who seemed genuine. I was one of those people.

And yet, here we are with Hillary STILL trying to say that Bernie's extreme and impossible policies are what plagued her. She still doesn't fucking get it. It had nothing to do with policy. I'm not even sure what Trump's preferred policies are, and he beat her in a general election!

That said, even if Hillary HAD gotten it during the campaign, it still wouldn't have mattered. She's a political robot who subscribes to politically correct and empty statements. She couldn't have just flipped a switch and suddenly portrayed herself as candid or "real." It's just not in her to do that.

Hillary, the reason you lost is because you are soulless. Your answer to everything was to spout cliches about women, education, gun control, or any other nonsense. You were outdated, and you still are. I have no doubt you are extremely dedicated and hard-working, but you are empty and depressing and fake and, in many ways, Machiavellian.

Go. Away. And. Don't. Come. Back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Every now and then Leash says something that is true.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:52 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
If there's anything the 2016 election told us, it's that most people are just tired of bullshit. It's not about policy, and it's not about ideology. People who aren't married to a party or a candidate (which is most people) are just tired of bullshit.

Our last Republican president ran up the largest debt in the history of the country and grew the Federal government to unprecedented levels. Our last Democratic president unilaterally killed thousands of innocent people with unmanned drones, including U.S. citizens, and presided over a period of time in which the poor and working classes who voted for him saw LESS opportunity than they did before his tenure. People. are. simply. tired. of bullshit. and. rhetoric.

If you watch videos of Trump supporters when they are asked about comments he makes or things he does that are ridiculous, they will almost always immediately say "I don't care." They don't care how ridiculous he is because he at least comes off as someone who is genuine (even if he also comes off as missing a chromosome).

Bernie Sanders supporters are similar. Time and time again, people were asked about the feasibility of his policies, and those people said "I don't care." They just saw a guy who seemed to be ideologically consistent and who seemed genuine. I was one of those people.

And yet, here we are with Hillary STILL trying to say that Bernie's extreme and impossible policies are what plagued her. She still doesn't fucking get it. It had nothing to do with policy. I'm not even sure what Trump's preferred policies are, and he beat her in a general election!

That said, even if Hillary HAD gotten it during the campaign, it still wouldn't have mattered. She's a political robot who subscribes to politically correct and empty statements. She couldn't have just flipped a switch and suddenly portrayed herself as candid or "real." It's just not in her to do that.

Hillary, the reason you lost is because you are soulless. Your answer to everything was to spout cliches about women, education, gun control, or any other nonsense. You were outdated, and you still are. I have no doubt you are extremely dedicated and hard-working, but you are empty and depressing and fake and, in many ways, Machiavellian.

One thing she has demonstrated throughout her career is that she has the ability to work witb other politicians. Its one of the reasons people consider her phony. The other two have not. I think that is what the country needs more than anything.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

LTG is right too. My head hurts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 pm 

Nas wrote:
Every now and then Leash says something that is true.

It takes a few drinks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 pm 

long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

One thing she has demonstrated throughout her career is that she has the ability to work witb other politicians. Its one of the reasons people consider her phony. The other two have not. I think that is what the country needs more than anything.

My statement is not a defense of any candidate. It's just frustrating that she still doesn't understand why she lost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:

This ladies and gentlemen is the truth.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

She is a user or a chameleon. You decide.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm 

Yeah she needs to go away. I'm a supporter but when its over its over. She has no future in politics. Bitterness in defeat is not a good look. I actually wished she would have acted this way during both of her runs. A bitchy Hillary is the best Hillary but it's too late now. Time to bounce.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:35 pm 

The stuff she accuses Bernie of doing in 2016 -- using bigotry, appealing to the "white working class," staying in the race too long, not turning her primary voters out enough in the general -- is stuff she actually did in 2008: she allowed her campaign to circulate the Obama Muslim picture, she infamously said she represented "hard-working people, white people," she hung in till the bitter end in case Obama were assassinated, and she had more of her voters defect to McCain than Bernie did to Trump.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The stuff she accuses Bernie of doing in 2016 -- using bigotry, appealing to the "white working class," staying in the race too long, not turning her primary voters out enough in the general -- is stuff she actually did in 2008: she allowed her campaign to circulate the Obama Muslim picture, she infamously said she represented "hard-working people, white people," she hung in till the bitter end in case Obama were assassinated, and she had more of her voters defect to McCain than Bernie did to Trump.

Some of this is purely speculative.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Most is true.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

This is a Nixon like exit. At least he had won something.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
This is a Nixon like exit. At least he had won something.

Yeah, and at least when he said he wasn't a crook, he was only lying about one incident.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 am 

Audiobook already leaked if anyone's interested and doesn't want to spring for the hard copy.

Download

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Audiobook already leaked if anyone's interested and doesn't want to spring for the hard copy.

Download

:lol: That's my line!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Taylor St
It's almost like the Clintons are money drubbing attention whores.

Nas is already looking forward to voting for Chelsea in 2020.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Most is true.

No it isn't. Hillary remained until the race until she was mathematically eliminated. I followed that campaign closely and there was nothing about Obama being assassinated ever mentioned. I don't care about some anonymous staffer saying that it is so either. Means nothing

Sanders threatened to go to the convention and protest even after being eliminated. When that didn't work he complained about the process. Hillary Clinton never did any of that. When she lost she dropped out.

She did circulate the Muslim picture. Obama lied about things during that campaign too. No way in hell that he couldn't be familiar with Jeremiah Wright's views and that Rezko real estate deal was shady as hell.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Bore Ode wrote:
It's almost like the Clintons are money drubbing attention whores.

Nas is already looking forward to voting for Chelsea in 2020.

You're improving.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What do you mean?

I think the right play was to go after Sanders and I said so at the time. Obama was wrong for telling her to lay off Sanders if he in fact did that. Once she decides not to do it, it's not on him. It's on her. If she can't run her campaign and make decisions without regret how will she be able to run the country?

I also don't agree with the whole book thing as the way to get the message out. Go away for awhile and if you want to revisit then revisit. Too soon for this.

Bernie bested her in every debate, she's too dirty to go hard at Bernie.. He would have murdered her on stage... Her debates against trump were a draw, she's an awful public speaker.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Most is true.

No it isn't. Hillary remained until the race until she was mathematically eliminated. I followed that campaign closely and there was nothing about Obama being assassinated ever mentioned. I don't care about some anonymous staffer saying that it is so either. Means nothing

Sanders threatened to go to the convention and protest even after being eliminated. When that didn't work he complained about the process. Hillary Clinton never did any of that. When she lost she dropped out.

She did circulate the Muslim picture. Obama lied about things during that campaign too. No way in hell that he couldn't be familiar with Jeremiah Wright's views and that Rezko real estate deal was shady as hell.

https://youtu.be/g27eN4DsZDY

As you can see above she brought up RFK. You followed it and I was actively involved in it. Pretty sure I got a small check.

She used bigotry to appeal to rust belt voters. There is absolutely no doubt about that. She half assed it just like Bernie when it came to turning out her voters and her body language was God awful. Bernie definitely stayed in too long but she also stayed in longer than she needed to. She spent the last couple of months trying to flip superdelegates and hoping for a scandal. Her argument was that it would make Obama a better general election candidate but all it did was give McCain material to use and make Obama spend money he didn't need to spend. Just like Bernie did this time around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next