It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DirecTV
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
They will be billing you $46.99 for NFL Sunday Ticket for 6 months if you don't cancel tonight and if last year was your "free" year of NFL Sunday Ticket. DirecTV likes to offer a trial and continue to bill unless the customer wises up and catches on that they will be billing unannounced after the trial period is over.

Post subject: Re: DirecTV
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Ya those fucks did that to me. I caught it on last months bill. I can't wait until next year when I cut them loose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
That stuff is certainly scummy, but every subscription service does it. Direct TV isn't unique.

Jesus is returning soon, anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
They certainly make it more difficult to cancel than to order. I called in like march this year to cancel. They were like what's the rush. Uh, yeah. Started trying to give free other premium services to for a week. Just cancel if you don't like it. Funny, they used to just unlock them from time to time.

And no it's not unique, just don't treat me like an idiot when I'm not interested. There are plenty of other, more pertinent, reasons to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
They certainly make it more difficult to cancel than to order. I called in like march this year to cancel. They were like what's the rush. Uh, yeah. Started trying to give free other premium services to for a week. Just cancel if you don't like it. Funny, they used to just unlock them from time to time.

And no it's not unique, just don't treat me like an idiot when I'm not interested. There are plenty of other, more pertinent, reasons to do that.

Dude, I have to call to cancel any services because my wife can't do it. She gets caught up in their pitches. You gotta put your head down, cut them off, and tell them up front you're not interested in continuing or buying their services. If they immediately give up and ask if you need anything else (in a snotty tone), it's a fulfilling feeling. I usually smoke a cigar afterward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I read this in my drunken stupor last night and I spent 5 minutes making sure I did not have it.

And I HATE my Direct TV. I made the switch from ATT Uverse when they merged a couple years ago. My 2 year agreement ends in November and I will be going to Playstation VUE. Save $40-$50 per month.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 am 

It was not only that they autorenewed, but that they took a payment early in August. So my credit on my next bill is supposed to be two payments of $46.99.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
They will be billing you $46.99 for NFL Sunday Ticket for 6 months if you don't cancel tonight and if last year was your "free" year of NFL Sunday Ticket. DirecTV likes to offer a trial and continue to bill unless the customer wises up and catches on that they will be billing unannounced after the trial period is over.

Yes. You have to cancel services you purchase. Is this surprising?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:20 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

According to the OP, he did not purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket. I suspect he received it free as part of signing up for Direct TV. Why would you think about cancelling something that you did not choose to buy?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Jesus is returning soon, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4mC40CXOAA

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:20 pm 

DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

According to the OP, he did not purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket. I suspect he received it free as part of signing up for Direct TV. Why would you think about cancelling something that you did not choose to buy?

He did buy it. He got a one year rebate on it. They make that quite clear.

If he got HBO and didn't cancel HBO then he would be charged for HBO until he cancelled.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

If he got HBO and didn't cancel HBO then he would be charged for HBO until he cancelled.

Reread what the OP wrote.

When I changed over to Direct TV, I was given some free NFL package that I never watched as part of my rollover. I suspect I would have been charged the following year but I had a non-related bill issue and I cancelled all the extra "promotions" that I never asked for. They had given me Playboy for 3 months free and I cancelled that too. I asked to get it cancelled when it expired and they said I would have to call again. I said to cancel it immediately even though I had a month left.

It is reasonable when you sign up for a free trial of something that you will start to get billed when the trial ends. But I suspect the average person doesn't think to call and cancel add-on promotions with cable unless they have been burned before.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:13 pm 

DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

When I changed over to Direct TV, I was given some free NFL package that I never watched as part of my rollover. I suspect I would have been charged the following year but I had a non-related bill issue and I cancelled all the extra "promotions" that I never asked for. They had given me Playboy for 3 months free and I cancelled that too. I asked to get it cancelled when it expired and they said I would have to call again. I said to cancel it immediately even though I had a month left.

It is reasonable when you sign up for a free trial of something that you will start to get billed when the trial ends. But I suspect the average person doesn't think to call and cancel add-on promotions with cable unless they have been burned before.

Go look at the bill. It wasn't free. You got a promotional credit. Of course you have to cancel. They make it perfectly clear too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm 

Every "free trial" out there requires the buyer to cancel if they don't want to continue the service. This is not something new.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Go look at the bill. It wasn't free. You got a promotional credit. Of course you have to cancel. They make it perfectly clear too.

Do you enjoy telling someone they're wrong, it's your fault, and stop complaining? LOL- I try not to be a dbag when I can help it but it seems like you enjoy it.

My point is that it is easy for people to overlook this when cable companies add it in for free when you didn't specifically ask for it. Most people don't turn down the free promotions and it is easy to forget to cancel unless you've been burned in the past. Cable companies do this since they know it makes them money and they can point to the fine print.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Every "free trial" out there requires the buyer to cancel if they don't want to continue the service. This is not something new.

They don't call it a free trial. And there were times in the past when I got channels for free when I changed providers that did not require me to call and cancel. It was either ATT Uverse or the Dish.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
People going hard at Brick.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 pm 

DAC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

They don't call it a free trial. And there were times in the past when I got channels for free when I changed providers that did not require me to call and cancel. It was either ATT Uverse or the Dish.

He subscribed to the service and the promotion gives it to the buyer with the first year free. Yes, it's a bunch of fine print bullshit, but any smart person out there would recognize what would ultimately happen.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 pm 

DAC wrote:
Do you enjoy telling someone they're wrong, it's your fault, and stop complaining? LOL- I try not to be a dbag when I can help it but it seems like you enjoy it.

My point is that it is easy for people to overlook this when cable companies add it in for free when you didn't specifically ask for it. Most people don't turn down the free promotions and it is easy to forget to cancel unless you've been burned in the past. Cable companies do this since they know it makes them money and they can point to the fine print.
Only when they are wrong, at fault, and should stop complaining.

They make this clear when you get the free stuff that if you don't like it you have to cancel it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Nomination rejected.

As a 20 year subscriber to Directv let me give you a little inside info on how to us them into giving you Sunday ticket for free. Call up customer service and tell them you want to cancel your entire account. They will send you to the cancellation department. When you get there tell them you are upset that you have to pay for Sunday ticket whereas new subscribers get it for free. Tell them that people with other providers all get the Redzone free of charge whereas DTV charges for it. Say its unfair that a loyal returning customer gets the short end of the stick and you want to move to AT&T or DISH where you can get REdzone and/or sunday ticket for free. They will in turn offer to give you Sunday Ticket (or at least redzone which is all you need anyway) for free in order to keep you from quitting.

I did that move for 7 or 8 straight years until I stopped playing fantasy football a couple years ago and lost all interest in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 am 

It wasn't just that they autorenewed it, but they took two payments for it before the season began.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
It wasn't just that they autorenewed it, but they took two payments for it before the season began.

They always start those renewels before the season starts. Try paying attention to your bill, dummy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am 

shakes wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

They always start those renewels before the season starts. Try paying attention to your bill, dummy.

Autopay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
shakes wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Autopay.

That makes you a negligent moron. I have auto pay too, and still review my bill when it comes in every month.