It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I'm playing a random opponent who has played the following words: fyttes, trigo, heder, pleiad, and my personal favorite, yttric.

I'm guilty of sometimes throwing letters in and seeing what works, but "yttric?"

Why are you even "playing?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I don't usually consider short words cheating. Sometimes you've seen someone else play a word or you're playing around with letters. Multiple 7 lettered scores is usually a giveaway. Especially if you have lost a few games in a row.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Someone post a link to how to cheat at this game. Leash has been trying to get me to play and I need to fight fire with fire.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Letter placement can usually beat cheaters.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Did he play, "Quone"?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:02 pm 

Well I've now had the word yttric played against me, but there's no way I'll ever play it.

If you're going to cheat, why make it so obvious?

BTW: yttric: of, relating to, or containing yttrium.

Obviously.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Words with friends? What are you some 60 year old granny?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Killer V wrote:
Well I've now had the word yttric played against me, but there's no way I'll ever play it.

If you're going to cheat, why make it so obvious?

BTW: yttric: of, relating to, or containing yttrium.

Obviously.

I play against my mom and she uses some pretty crazy words that used to make me pissed off. Now I am more careful what I leave
her with. My brother used to play about the same way. I would win maybe one out of every 10 games. Now I can beat my mom maybe
2 or 3 times out of ten.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
I quit this terrible game in protest after my opponent began playing fake words like "hm" and "qi." I really do not care what anybody says, "hm" and "qi" are not actual words. I am convinced that this game incorrectly accepts tons of fake, made up words - much like those words from Killer V's original post. I will give you one hundred dollars ($100.00) if you can truthfully recount one single time where you ever used "yttric" in a sentence.

I will never play this game again.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
http://blogmybrain.com/words-with-friends-cheat/

Tell him he needs to set his settings to "middle school or below" so its fair.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i didnt know this app from 45 years ago was still a thing.

my wife and i would always play "qi" against each other when needed. i didnt use to cheat, but i would try random combinations until the app told me whatever thing i spelled out was a word.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

stoneroses86 wrote:
I quit this terrible game in protest after my opponent began playing fake words like "hm" and "qi." I really do not care what anybody says, "hm" and "qi" are not actual words. I am convinced that this game incorrectly accepts tons of fake, made up words - much like those words from Killer V's original post. I will give you one hundred dollars ($100.00) if you can truthfully recount one single time where you ever used "yttric" in a sentence.

:lol: :lol: You learn those words in your first few games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah you learn words. BTW, they have cheats built in now. Also, the swap without losing a turn option.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Well, you will never see me accepting any challenge to play this fake game because I have most definitely resigned from the members roll. William Shakespeare would probably lose at this rigged game. He would play normal words, and then his opponent would randomly insert various combinations of letters until he hits the jackpot with "Zyhnnuyj" on a triple word tile.

I cannot emphasize enough how disappointed I am in this game. First of all, there needs to be a time limit so people do not have several hours to punch in letters until the computer gets tired of it and accepts a fake word. If the was a 30 second clock, 95% of these phony words would never see the light of day. Am I really supposed to believe that Brittany in Indiana is so articulate that she is firing off 60 point words like she has an Oxford dictionary in her brain? Or Mel from Kentucky with the nose ring who rips off 45 pointers so by the third round the score is 187 to 25.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I only play it from my phone as a time killer with only two to three people. I actually tried Yahtzee with friends and like it more in part because of what you posted. Unfortunately, it hasn't taken off with my friends and randos are not as fun to play with.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm 

I can't believe I had never heard of the word "stolon."

The branched stem-like structure of some colonial hydroid coelenterates, attaching the colony to the substrate.

Duh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Killer V wrote:

The branched stem-like structure of some colonial hydroid coelenterates, attaching the colony to the substrate.

Duh.

You must not have ever grown strawberries. That being said, there is no way I could pull the word out of my ass if I was playing a game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Killer V wrote:

Duh.

I thought it was a creeping horizontal plant runner that at points sprouts roots thereby creating new plants.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It is. Botanically speaking.

And plants that grow that way are stoloniferous.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
stoneroses86 wrote:

This game sounds terrible.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I still play with two friends from college. One is recovering from a stroke and needs to work on his skills. I've beaten him something like 183 straight games because he has no concept of board placement. I just play 3-5 letter words and wait for the TW squares to get in play. I don't worry about what he's going to play at all, I just let him work on his vocabulary. Once he came close to beating me because I had the worst tiles ever, and I won at the end because he got stuck with a Z while I got stuck with a U.

The other has a better vocabulary than me, but I can beat her by playing very defensively if I can get an early lead. If she gets 25 points ahead of me, I'm dead meat. I beat her when I can just throw tiles at the TL squares until I find a word which works, even if I have no idea what it means. I think a tile placement which doesn't work should cost you one point, I'd never beat her. We usually have scores in the low 300s because we're giving up bigger words to not get fucked on the next turn.

wordfind.com has a cheat. I have used it after the fact to see what I could have made out of a rack, but now they have the post-mortum built into the game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Killer V wrote:
I'm playing a random opponent who has played the following words: fyttes, trigo, heder, pleiad, and my personal favorite, yttric.

I'm guilty of sometimes throwing letters in and seeing what works, but "yttric?"

Why are you even "playing?"

Sounds like Words with Friends accepts Wildling vocab too.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:
Well, you will never see me accepting any challenge to play this fake game because I have most definitely resigned from the members roll. William Shakespeare would probably lose at this rigged game. He would play normal words, and then his opponent would randomly insert various combinations of letters until he hits the jackpot with "Zyhnnuyj" on a triple word tile.

I cannot emphasize enough how disappointed I am in this game. First of all, there needs to be a time limit so people do not have several hours to punch in letters until the computer gets tired of it and accepts a fake word. If the was a 30 second clock, 95% of these phony words would never see the light of day. Am I really supposed to believe that Brittany in Indiana is so articulate that she is firing off 60 point words like she has an Oxford dictionary in her brain? Or Mel from Kentucky with the nose ring who rips off 45 pointers so by the third round the score is 187 to 25.

Anyone who plays this game at least ten times or so quickly realizes that this is not about the depth of your vocab - it's all about placing high-scoring letters on tile multipliers and making two or three words in one turn if you're lucky. In fact, using long words can work against you if you don't pay attention to the tiles you're either using or opening up for your opponent. You sound like the type of player who would submit "adventitious" for 14 points only to then see your opponent submit "qi" for like 90 points because you left a TL or TW open above the "t."

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

Anyone who plays this game at least ten times or so quickly realizes that this is not about the depth of your vocab - it's all about placing high-scoring letters on tile multipliers and making two or three words in one turn if you're lucky. In fact, using long words can work against you if you don't pay attention to the tiles you're either using or opening up for your opponent. You sound like the type of player who would submit "adventitious" for 14 points only to then see your opponent submit "qi" for like 90 points because you left a TL or TW open above the "t."

You make valid points, but when you play using a cheat app that does all that for you, why even play?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 pm 

Killer V wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

You make valid points, but when you play using a cheat app that does all that for you, why even play?

I agree. Takes the fun out of it.

2013 CSFMB ROY