It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/708xsy/michigan_teacher_accused_of_assaulting_6thgrader/

MANY NFL players have expressed their beliefs by kneeling for the national anthem before games, but when a Farmington Hills student took a similar stand, he said his teacher crossed the line.

A teacher was put on leave and is under investigation after he allegedly got physical with a student who refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

The student, Stone Chaney, is a sixth-grader at East Middle School in Farmington Hills.

Stone had just started his first week at East Middle School, but his family isnt sure if hell go back. Stone said he felt his rights were violated when he didnt stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

"The teacher consultant comes up behind me and snatches me out of my chair violently, Stone said. I was so confused. I didnt know what was going on."

Stone said the homeroom teacher tried to force him to stand during the Pledge of Allegiance.

"I dont stand because I dont pledge to a flag," Stone said. "I pledge to God and family".

The alleged incident happened Sept. 7. Stone said the next day, another teacher yelled at him for sitting down during the Pledge. "I dont feel safe going to that school anymore because I dont know what theyre going to do next," Stone said.

His father addressed the district directly during their last board meeting. "It's his choice to sit," Brian Chaney said. "I dont make him sit. And they should respect that."

Marine veteran Stephen Stevens sees things differently. "I would love to be able to talk to them and get their side and explain my side so maybe we could come to an understanding," Stevens said. "Because I get they have that right, but I dont believe they understand what that right really entails."

"If theyre fighting for freedom, they're fighting for us to have choices," Brian Chaney said. "Then it's our choice."

The superintendent of Farmington Public Schools released the following statement: The District fully supports the right of each student to participate or not in the daily Pledge. The teacher allegedly involved in the incident has been placed on administrative leave.

At this time, the District cannot speculate about the outcome of the pending investigation. The family is exploring its options. Stone hasnt gone back to school, but theyre probably going to leave the district.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
When did Ditka get into teaching?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Are we sure it isn't Torts?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
When I taught (1st grade) I didn't even do the Pledge of Allegiance. Stupid waste of time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think only one class I was in ever did the pledge. Remember walking in that first day and everyone standing to do it and being completely confused. I'm pretty sure most people just recited it with no thought of the words they were saying.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Don Tiny wrote:
"I dont stand because I dont pledge to a flag," Stone said. "I pledge to God and family".

I don't believe you 6th grader. Especially since your first name is "Stone"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The kid is stupid, the teacher is stupid, and IMO quite frankly the NFL players that do this are stupid too.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The kid is stupid, the teacher is stupid, and IMO quite frankly the NFL players that do this are stupid too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 am 

I find that most people named Stone are douches

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
I find that most people named Stone are douches

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Hatchetman wrote:
When I taught (1st grade) I didn't even do the Pledge of Allegiance. Stupid waste of time.

Teaching went south after 1964. You could look it up. It's Official and shit.
America's Anchorman was talking about some colletch survey today. Almost half the knuckleheads could not name One (1) Bill of Rights item.
Stupid waste of time is teaching 6 year olds about homo shit. Trans teaching for the tykes is actually child abuse.
Fucking teachers suck today.

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
My daughter is in kindergarten and, to my surprise, when they say the Pledge of Allegiance, they use the version with under God in it...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm 

The consultant is a pos.

If he'd have grabbed one of my sons like that I may have dropped the cocksucker myself. And then I'd have had my son at school the next day to stand up for himself and his position.

I really wish we weren't so lemming like and got the flag and anthem out of most sporting events.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hatchetman wrote:

How long did your version of the Pledge take to get through? Takes about 30 seconds IIRC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I agree with Frank (holy shit!) that they're all pretty dumb. I will say that MY daughter, who lives an easy, priveliged lifestyle, will not disrespect the country that allowed her to live that way. That same philosophy would stand now if my daughter was older and ever wore a hat that said "Make America Great Again," considering that the current America allowed her to have social and educational opportunities that others only dream of. It works both ways.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

If he'd have grabbed one of my sons like that I may have dropped the cocksucker myself. And then I'd have had my son at school the next day to stand up for himself and his position.

I really wish we weren't so lemming like and got the flag and anthem out of most sporting events.

Aren't you a cripple?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
leashyourkids wrote:
I agree with Frank (holy shit!) that they're all pretty dumb. I will say that MY daughter, who lives an easy, priveliged lifestyle, will not disrespect the country that allowed her to live that way. That same philosophy would stand now if my daughter was older and ever wore a hat that said "Make America Great Again," considering that the current America allowed her to have social and educational opportunities that others only dream of. It works both ways.

I never saw you as an "if you don't like America then leave" guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:53 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

That post is just blustery bravado. Similar to his favorite person: Cheetolini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm definitely not. You must have misinterpreted my post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:00 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I understand it's a bit of hyperbole but the basic concept is the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

Do you have a problem with his legs?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

But you're so brave calling him a cripple.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

I'm sorry you must have confused me with someone who gives a fuck what you think, you one note quip machine.

RRs "what I would do" posts and Trumps tweets are the same level of bullshit. Just a different medium.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I don't know - I guess.

I fail to see how a well-to-do suburban girl who has the horror of growing up in one of the most peaceful, safe places on the entire planet could complain. I mean, I think my argument is actually a liberal one. Anyone who says they want to "make America great again" is either a complete moron or is an gnorant to how great they have it (within suburban America - I'm not speaking to inner cities or rural America.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:13 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

I'm sorry you must have confused me with someone who gives a fuck what you think, you one note quip machine.

RRs "what I would do" posts and Trumps tweets are the same level of bullshit. Just a different medium.

And you calling him a cripple makes you a piece of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:13 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The consultant is a pos.

Aren't you a cripple?

Come on, dude.

Well thank God you came by to tell him what's what. Thank you for your service.

Since you brought it up, who do you think gives a fuck what you think?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:16 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

And you calling him a cripple makes you a piece of shit.

If the shoe fits...
Have a blessed day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I don't know - I guess.

I fail to see how a well-to-do suburban girl who has the horror of growing up in one of the most peaceful, safe places on the entire planet could complain. I mean, I think my argument is actually a liberal one. Anyone who says they want to "make America great again" is either a complete moron or is an gnorant to how great they have it (within suburban America - I'm not speaking to inner cities or rural America.)
I guess if she is only concerned with herself that would be true. I think empathy is an admirable trait.