It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amazon
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Then don't allow the feature at all. Supposedly over 900 . They obviously didn't use bigfan as a consultant.

Amazon was on the defensive end this week after receiving criticism for deleting negative reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book.

The online retail giant acknowledged its decision to remove one-star reviews of Clinton's memoir, What Happened, claiming they have the right to uphold reviews from legitimate customers.

“In the case of a memoir, the subject of the book is the author and their views,” an Amazon spokesperson told Fortune. “It’s not our role to decide what a customer would view as helpful or unhelpful in making their decision. We do however have mechanisms in place to ensure that the voices of many do not drown out the voices of a few and we remove customer reviews that violate our community guidelines.”

For the week of Sept. 3, What Happened is sixth on the most sold non-ficition list. As of Friday morning, Clinton's memoir had five out five stars from 609 reviews.

ReviewMeta, a website that analyzes the authenticity of Amazon reviews, said that 25% of reviewers of Clinton's book were "suspicious," a designation it gives to reviewers who have only reviewed one title.

Earlier this week, Clinton told USA TODAY's Susan Page that she is "convinced" there was collusion by Trump associates in the 2016 election. "There certainly was communication and there certainly was an understanding of some sort," she said.

What Happened, which recounts her loss to Trump, has drawn criticism and support from both the left and the right of the political aisle.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post subject: Re: Amazon
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Fake reviews should be deleted from all sites. I'm A-OK with this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
In all honesty, sites should only allow reviews from verified purchasers. This applies to all products.

If I'm trying to sell a product and it's being flooded with reviews of people who never bought the product, then I'm removing the reviews.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im sure all of the 5 star reviews are legit.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-W ... ly_reviews

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Seems correct to me. In fact, probably should be 6 stars.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
In all honesty, sites should only allow reviews from verified purchasers. This applies to all products.

If I'm trying to sell a product and it's being flooded with reviews of people who never bought the product, then I'm removing the reviews.

Yep. Not sure why Amazon would allow someone to review a product that was not purchased by a customer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yep. Not sure why Amazon would allow someone to review a product that was not purchased by a customer.

$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

$$$$

How does posting a fake negative review generate money for Amazon?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It's not like the 5 stars or one star reviews are going to change people's minds on purchasing the book.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
amazon product reviews used to be very trustworthy... then merchants realized this and began using that to their advantage with their fake reviews. amazon lets you filter reviews by verified purchase if you want, but for some products you see a bunch of positive reviews from reviewers who received the item for free in exchange for an unbiased review (ya right)...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Seems correct to me. In fact, probably should be 6 stars.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, anyone who has to work with consumers knows they're ridiculous. Half of "bad" Yelp reviews are just those types of people who complain about everything in life and never take any responsibility.

We dined here and the waitress gave me a dirty look when I asked for extra salad dressing. We will NOT be going back to this place, and that is why I'm giving 1 star!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:52 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, anyone who has to work with consumers knows they're ridiculous. Half of "bad" Yelp reviews are just those types of people who complain about everything in life and never take any responsibility.

We dined here and the waitress gave me a dirty look when I asked for extra salad dressing. We will NOT be going back to this place, and that is why I'm giving 1 star!

Anyone with more than 5 YELP reviews should be removed from society

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Just gonna spend the rest of the day reading Mister Quickly reviews, the greatest Amazon reviewer there ever was: https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1 ... dp?ie=UTF8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Gtfo. Looking at reviews has helped me fine many delicious mom and pop places.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

David Hochburg agrees and will in fact tell them that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

$$$$

How does posting a fake negative review generate money for Amazon?

Well likely not in that instance (though it's not entirely out of the question), but I'm all but certain that there are MANY companies who may well be pulling Amazon to the side and giving the 'hey buddy' routine by offering a small monetary donation if this or that person of dubious origin is allowed to say a kind word or two in a review about product 'x'. 'Astroturfing' is a very real thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm 

IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I didnt say anything about reading them.

The type of person who wants to post that many times on one site is a jack ass, Im sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:09 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

The type of person who wants to post that many times on one site is a jack ass, Im sorry.

I used to work with this old Jewish guy who was probably the single nicest person I've ever met. One of the few people I've ever met who just genuinely cared about everyone and wouldn't say a bad word about anyone. I only mention that he was Jewish because it helps to describe him - he was very much proud of his Jewish heritage and fit many of the stereotypes - very concerned with value and detail. He would go to a restaurant and come in on Monday and could tell you every single architectural feature of the place as well as the price of basically every item on the menu as well as quality and service. He was SUCH a nice person that at times, you almost felt bad for him because of his naivety, and you couldn't help but love him.

He LOVED doing Yelp reviews. Any time we went out after work for drinks or dinner, he would immediately be taking pictures and trying different things to rate them. It became a huge hobby for him, and he did a great job. He was so nice that I doubt he ever gave a review less than 2 stars (and that would have to be awful). A couple years ago, he was selected as some sort of "Yelp" master reviewer and got a free trip to San Francisco to go to a Yelp convention, all expenses paid. I really can't explain how excited he was.

I think people like him are the perfect Yelp reviewers. Most are just numbskulls, but this guy epitomized what a Yelp reviewer was supposed to be. I'm sure there are very few people like him, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I used to work with this old Jewish guy who was probably the single nicest person I've ever met. One of the few people I've ever met who just genuinely cared about everyone and wouldn't say a bad word about anyone. I only mention that he was Jewish because it helps to describe him - he was very much proud of his Jewish heritage and fit many of the stereotypes - very concerned with value and detail. He would go to a restaurant and come in on Monday and could tell you every single architectural feature of the place as well as the price of basically every item on the menu as well as quality and service. He was SUCH a nice person that at times, you almost felt bad for him because of his naivety, and you couldn't help but love him.

He LOVED doing Yelp reviews. Any time we went out after work for drinks or dinner, he would immediately be taking pictures and trying different things to rate them. It became a huge hobby for him, and he did a great job. He was so nice that I doubt he ever gave a review less than 2 stars (and that would have to be awful). A couple years ago, he was selected as some sort of "Yelp" master reviewer and got a free trip to San Francisco to go to a Yelp convention, all expenses paid. I really can't explain how excited he was.

I think people like him are the perfect Yelp reviewers. Most are just numbskulls, but this guy epitomized what a Yelp reviewer was supposed to be. I'm sure there are very few people like him, though.

Yelp allows Jewish reviews?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I would like to do a YELP review on some of you people's posting habits.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm 

I'm with RPB (good policy in general), BUT for certain businesses it's the most important search engine even beyond Google.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I would like to do a YELP review on some of you people's posting habits.

Work on your spelling first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This is stupid. Someone has to post those reviews for you to read.

I've posted Yelp reviews. I'm going to post more Yelp reviews. Come at me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:36 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

http://chicagofanatics.com/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

http://chicagofanatics.com/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d

+ :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 pm 

I missed that. That was good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I hate petty Yelp reviews, too. The ones I can't stand though are Amazon reviewers who deduct stars from a product because the shipping was late, even if it's not necessarily the seller providing the shipping. GTFO with that, you're skewing the reviews with immaterial BS.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY