It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hayley Geftman-Gold
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The wealthy and those that have corporate interests are more republican leaning, correct?

Doesnt their money offset many of these advantages?

Dems outspent the Republicans the last few cycles so no.

The wealthy donate to both parties. Not equally for the most part.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:56 am 

Republicans probably still spend more via Dark Money

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... rats-or-r/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They come from a more emotionally likable perspective. You have to be pretty heartless to disagree with the stance that we should "help the poor".

Absolute bingo. It is much easier to argue about taxation of someone else (i.e. richer than you) and spend that money on people in need than to talk about free markets and economic growth that comes from lower taxes and less regulation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They come from a more emotionally likable perspective. You have to be pretty heartless to disagree with the stance that we should "help the poor".

Absolute bingo. It is much easier to argue about taxation of someone else (i.e. richer than you) and spend that money on people in need than to talk about free markets and economic growth that comes from lower taxes and less regulation.

Yes, it's difficult to talk about less regulation considering less regulation fucked up the world economy ten years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yes, it's difficult to talk about less regulation considering less regulation fucked up the world economy ten years ago.

No worries, the government's hands were all over the subprime crisis- Fannie/Freddie, FHLB advances, thrift charters. But the mortgage industry did a fine job of "financial innovation" that can easily be described as fraud. I'd call that mess a group affair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

Anyway,

I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with Greg Morelli. He's one of my favorite curiosities of the Chicago media periphery (RIP Marty Zivin). He used to have a weekend talk show on CPT called "Family Values with an Oy Vey" where he and his brother would complain about George W. Bush and stuff like that, but it was all that very tedious mid-2000s MORE LIKE SHRUB DailyKos/Olbermann political commentary. They used to run a restaurant in Chicago called Joey's Brickhouse which I guess was just some kind of family restaurant sorta thing. Well, the show went off the air and the restaurant closed and now he runs a place in Highland Park called Max's Deli, which, if you look it up on Yelp, features him arguing with every single person who reviewed his restaurant. He is truly someone who understands that one must Never Stop Posting.

So I'm readin' the ol' fbook and who should come up on my feed but a post from Greg Morelli, where he is apologizing profusely for some grave transgression that, to hear it from him, was actually everybody else's fault. I got this because a former co-worker replied to him and said, I dunno, that he should die for what he said or something. Well, as you can probably intuit from me posting it in this thread, he seems to have said that everyone who died in Las Vegas deserved to die because they were at a country music concert and therefore probably Republicans, i.e., the same thing the person in the thread title said, more or less.

I tried to google him to see if this SHOCKING~! post made any news, but I didn't find anything to that effect. What I did find was the local article "Highland Park Jewish deli faces backlash over Facebook post featuring Nazi imagery," where he posted a Rosh Hashanah carry-out menu featuring Donald Trump wearing a swastika, because this a normal thing that normal people do and so of course you would get such a normal newspaper headline:

So yeah, bad thoughts all around, huh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 pm 
It's just what girls say in the locker room guys. Don't get bent out of shape.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 pm 

UPDATE

Quote:
Just weeks after stoking controversy by using Nazi imagery on his Jewish deli's Facebook page, the co-owner of Max's Deli in Highland Park again has ignited outrage — this time with a tweet he fired off in response to the Las Vegas shootings.

"Soon as I heard it was country music, I felt relief. White people shooting white people isn't terror ... it's community outreach. #LasVegas," the tweet read.

Never stop posting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Anyway,

I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with Greg Morelli. He's one of my favorite curiosities of the Chicago media periphery (RIP Marty Zivin). He used to have a weekend talk show on CPT called "Family Values with an Oy Vey" where he and his brother would complain about George W. Bush and stuff like that, but it was all that very tedious mid-2000s MORE LIKE SHRUB DailyKos/Olbermann political commentary. They used to run a restaurant in Chicago called Joey's Brickhouse which I guess was just some kind of family restaurant sorta thing. Well, the show went off the air and the restaurant closed and now he runs a place in Highland Park called Max's Deli, which, if you look it up on Yelp, features him arguing with every single person who reviewed his restaurant. He is truly someone who understands that one must Never Stop Posting.

So I'm readin' the ol' fbook and who should come up on my feed but a post from Greg Morelli, where he is apologizing profusely for some grave transgression that, to hear it from him, was actually everybody else's fault. I got this because a former co-worker replied to him and said, I dunno, that he should die for what he said or something. Well, as you can probably intuit from me posting it in this thread, he seems to have said that everyone who died in Las Vegas deserved to die because they were at a country music concert and therefore probably Republicans, i.e., the same thing the person in the thread title said, more or less.

I tried to google him to see if this SHOCKING~! post made any news, but I didn't find anything to that effect. What I did find was the local article "Highland Park Jewish deli faces backlash over Facebook post featuring Nazi imagery," where he posted a Rosh Hashanah carry-out menu featuring Donald Trump wearing a swastika, because this a normal thing that normal people do and so of course you would get such a normal newspaper headline:

So yeah, bad thoughts all around, huh.

Pre-Admin JoRR vibe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:23 pm 

BTW, country music has crossed over big time. There are bad people (country music fans) on both sides. ON BOTH SIDES.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
BTW, country music has crossed over big time. There are bad people (country music fans) on both sides. ON BOTH SIDES.

I feel like the country boom died down a little bit, coincidentally right about when Clear Channel flipped 95.5 from Spanish to country and laid bare that there wasn't a market for two country stations here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:30 pm 

Just looked at the comments on Morelli's FB apology post. Oy Vey indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Anyway,

That Yelp page is fascinating, once you work through the 9 pages of spam.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Quote:
"I have a Jewish deli, I am a Jewish man," Morelli told the Tribune at the time. "I am the first person that's going to get a brick through the window if this plague is not stopped immediately."

It's anudda shoah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Anyway,

That Yelp page is fascinating, once you work through the 9 pages of spam.

What a dickhead this guy is. His responses to criticisms are unbelievable. He might want to start selling things off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:33 pm 

Yeah, I think he thinks he's more famous than he really is.