It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cam Newton
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
I think you guys are giving reporters credit for being a lot smarter than they actually are .
I agree with that but he didn't say all reporters.

With all of these things I like to imagine how I would feel if he said this to your wife, girlfriend, or sister. We'd think it was sexist I think.

Cam corrected himself in the conversation afterward saying he should have said all reporters.
He said he maybe should have but it still doesn't mean it wasn't a sexist comment.

I just don't get why we constantly have to make excuses for guys who should know better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
I think you guys are giving reporters credit for being a lot smarter than they actually are .

With all of these things I like to imagine how I would feel if he said this to your wife, girlfriend, or sister. We'd think it was sexist I think.

Cam corrected himself in the conversation afterward saying he should have said all reporters.
He said he maybe should have but it still doesn't mean it wasn't a sexist comment.

I just don't get why we constantly have to make excuses for guys who should know better.

Should Cam Newton really know better?

Plus it's all really just been a chance to mock leash's "insanely offensive" line.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:54 am 

It wouldn't be ok, but it would be more understandable if it was some pressing hard ass question. She threw him a fuckin softball. Hit that shit out of the park and go to the Sizzler next time, Cam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Should Cam Newton really know better?

Plus it's all really just been a chance to mock leash's "insanely offensive" line.

Yes. He caught flak for addressing a female supporter as sweetheart a while back.

So he knows. He wants to be this way. It's fine. That one kid is going to take his job and become Cam's mom's favorite player.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 am 

I'm with Cam on this one.
She was obviously trying to get her name out to the national media and used Cam's response to do it. He didn't say anything that demeaning to women. He even corrected his choice of words and replaced it with "reporters" talking about routes. He then went on to explain why "reporters" do not recognize a route the same way a QB on the team would.

She still would not let go of her left wing agenda and went all Julie on his ass. “Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I am no fan of Cam so I really don't care. I just thought I read he tried to correct himself to her afterward. As for your question I will ask another. Why does every misstep by a young guy have to be taken to Geneva Conventions levels?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I couldn't sleep last night, just thinking about his comments.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:

I couldn't sleep last night thinking of you. Or maybe it was thinking about the baseball I missed?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:04 am 

pittmike wrote:
I am no fan of Cam so I really don't care. I just thought I read he tried to correct himself to her afterward. As for your question I will ask another. Why does every misstep by a young guy have to be taken to Geneva Conventions levels?
Is it? This seems like a story that will be gone by Sunday if not earlier assuming Cam comes out and says "Sorry women, I don't think you are too stupid to understand basic football".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:
She was obviously trying to get her name out to the national media and used Cam's response to do it. He didn't say anything that demeaning to women. He even corrected his choice of words and replaced it with "reporters" talking about routes. He then went on to explain why "reporters" do not recognize a route the same way a QB on the team would.

She still would not let go of her left wing agenda and went all Julie on his ass. “Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away."

I won't be able to understand this until you make a meme out of it with no more than 10 words, seven of which must be no longer than three letters.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

Me too.

Darling saying "JD Martinez hit homers in September when the Dbacks need em most" is ridiculous.

They had a 9 game WC lead on September 1st!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:07 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

“You can't say that to me!, I'm Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:

I won't be able to understand this until you make a meme out of it with no more than 10 words, seven of which must be no longer than three letters.

Ha!, you're funny this morning. LTG make you breakfast in bed?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
denisdman wrote:
When I want to hear a woman talk business, it's Becky Quick on Squawk Box. Every damn morning.

Becky Thicc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

“You can't say that to me!, I'm Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away.

I'm confused. Is that her in the gif?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 am 

I like Sara Eisen (the one in the red)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Reminds me of Tom Hanks line in "League of our Own" where he says that girls aren't ballplayers. Girls are who you sleep with after games, not for playing in games. As much as the percentage of women who might talk about wide receivers routes, it is a fair statement. Probably VERY few women he might encounter would talk about routes. but this was said by a female reporter who was covering the team and obviously it is her job to know about these things, so it was stupid. But I can see where it could be an innocent comment. She might have been the only female in the room and the first to ever bring up routes to him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You don't have to be in MENSA not to make sexist comments.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Reminds me of Tom Hanks line in "League of our Own" where he says that girls aren't ballplayers. Girls are who you sleep with after games, not for playing in games. As much as the percentage of women who might talk about wide receivers routes, it is a fair statement. Probably VERY few women he might encounter would talk about routes. but this was said by a female reporter who was covering the team and obviously it is her job to know about these things, so it was stupid. But I can see where it could be an innocent comment. She might have been the only female in the room and the first to ever bring up routes to him.

This is a bad thought, Wall Paper Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
he's a boo

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:07 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Caller Bob wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

This is a bad thought, Wall Paper Steve.

It would save time if Steve would just make that his signature.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The guy has been giant penis since he was at Florida. This is not breaking news. It is something that, based on his past behavior and underdeveloped maturity, he is completely capable of. The reaction by the JDC's of the world is amazing. OMG....he didn't even know her name...this is an outrage....just shut up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm sure that it's water off of a ducks back for him but apparently Dannon yogurt cut ties with him over this .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:19 pm 

Well, she deserved it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well, she deserved it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

After all this shit the last 24 hours, she is now the bad guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
badrogue17 wrote:
I'm sure that it's water off of a ducks back for him but apparently Dannon yogurt cut ties with him over this .

If Jamie Lee Curtis gets pissed at a female football reporter, I guess I'll never eat yogurt again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next