It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DID. I. SAY. I. WAS. SURPRISED.?!

No really, I wasn't surprised. It made me smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm 

I'm genuinely surprised. I know Hollywood protects their favorites but I figured in 2017 with all we've seen re: sexual abuse, feminism, etc. that female celebrities would be forced to say something

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm genuinely surprised. I know Hollywood protects their favorites but I figured in 2017 with all we've seen re: sexual abuse, feminism, etc. that female celebrities would be forced to say something

Intriguing choice of phrase ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 am 

pizza_Place: ....
This is Bannon putting in work . . . just like he said he would when he left Washington.

Hopefully much more to come with all the remaining hypocrite liberal scum.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The New York Times killed a story looking into these allegations 14 years ago.

they're also the ones who brought it back up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Wait a minute.... Harvey Weinstein has some sexual harassment allegations against him? This guy?

No fucking way... Who saw this coming?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The New York Times killed a story looking into these allegations 14 years ago.

they're also the ones who brought it back up.

Better late than never I guess...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:46 am 

And the liberal celebs are coming in! It was the weekend. They were busy.

Some of these people are like Q list but Mark Ruffalo, Judd Apatow, and Patricia Arquette have status

Still need to hear from Sarah Silverman, Chelsea Handler, Chelsea Peretti and Samantha Bee better do a whole show on it.

Hollywood begins to speak out over Harvey Weinstein
Entertainment world still remains painfully silent after film mogul was fired from his own company over sexual harassment allegations

Roisin O'Connor @Roisin_OConnor 4 hours ago0 comments

Click to follow
The Independent Culture
weinstein.jpg
Weinstein with his wife, British fashion designer Georgina Chapman AFP/Getty Images
After being criticised for their silence over allegations that stretched back over three decades, Hollywood stars are beginning to speak out against Harvey Weinstein.

The producer and film executive was fired from his own company on 8 October, following the publication of a report which accused him of sexually harassing female employees, actresses and journalists.

Directors of The Weinstein Company said "in light of new information about misconduct" his employment had been terminated "effective immediately".

The New York Times, which published the original story about the allegations against the movie mogul, also published a scathing piece about how major entertainment figures had refused to go on the record to criticise Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein: his accusers
show all
Rose McGowan, one of the actresses who settled with Weinstein, wrote on Twitter last week: "Ladies of Hollywood, your silence is deafening."

READ MORE
Kimmel skewers Trump Jr. over his hypocrisy
Harvey Weinstein fired from The Weinstein Company
Democrats give Weinstein's campaign contributions to women's groups
Weinstein says wife stands by him '100%' amid sexual harassment claims
Among those who have spoken out are Lena Dunham, Brie Larson, Judd Apatow, Jessica Chastain, Constance Wu, Roxane Gay, Mark Ruffalo and late night TV host John Oliver.

Apatow criticised Weinstein's statement in response to the allegations, which claimed he "came of age in the 60's and 70's, when all the rules about behaviour and workplaces were different".

The director tweeted: "The 70's were 37 years ago. You are blaming growing up in the 70's? You haven't picked up anything since then?"

Chastain, who has posted and retweeted several updates on the Weinstein case, wrote on 6 October: "Women are fighting against the 'Grab Them By The Pussy' normalisation & speaking up. It's never easy to be the first to go on record #Respect."

Follow
Jessica Chastain ✔@jes_chastain
Women are fighting against the 'Grab Them By The Pussy' normalization & speaking up. Its never easy to be the first to go on record #Respect https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/9 ... 7832286208
11:39 AM - Oct 6, 2017
52 52 Replies 554 554 Retweets 2,162 2,162 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Dunham said: "The woman who chose to speak about their experience of harassment by Harvey Weinstein deserve our awe. It's not fun or easy. It's brave."

Amber Tamblyn tweeted: "Stand with @AshleyJudd or give your legs to someone else. What she and others have just done is painful and difficult and triumphant."

Follow
Lena Dunham ✔@lenadunham
The woman who chose to speak about their experience of harassment by Harvey Weinstein deserve our awe. It's not fun or easy. It's brave.
1:51 PM - Oct 5, 2017
652 652 Replies 3,323 3,323 Retweets 26,120 26,120 likes
Follow
rose mcgowan ✔@rosemcgowan
Women fight on. And to the men out there, stand up. We need you as allies. #bebrave
2:29 PM - Oct 5, 2017
270 270 Replies 2,387 2,387 Retweets 11,452 11,452 likes
Follow
Judd Apatow ✔@JuddApatow
Wealthy people buy silence with settlements.The confidentiality clause allows predators to hurt other people. For decades. https://twitter.com/ericliptonnyt/statu ... 2424539136
4:55 PM - Oct 5, 2017
20 20 Replies 88 88 Retweets 298 298 likes
Follow
Brie Larson ✔@brielarson
As always, I stand with the brave survivors of sexual assault and harassment. It's not your fault. I believe you.
5:49 PM - Oct 5, 2017
182 182 Replies 3,401 3,401 Retweets 15,270 15,270 likes
Follow
Amber Tamblyn ✔@ambertamblyn
Stand with @AshleyJudd or give your legs to someone else. What she and others have just done is painful and difficult and triumphant.
6:14 PM - Oct 5, 2017
30 30 Replies 398 398 Retweets 2,590 2,590 likes
Follow
Jake Tapper ✔@jaketapper
Hollywood producer I know: "Shocked it’s taken so long for a Harvey Weinstein behavior expose. One of the most open secrets in Hollywood."
2:59 PM - Oct 5, 2017
2,538 2,538 Replies 4,443 4,443 Retweets 12,342 12,342 likes
Follow
Aparna Nancherla ✔@aparnapkin
wow, little boys, you can be anything when you grow up! sexual predator businessman, sexual predator president, stay-at-home sexual predator
3:41 PM - Oct 5, 2017
529 529 Replies 14,870 14,870 Retweets 68,911 68,911 likes
Follow
Stephanie Mickus ✔@smickable
I took meetings at Weinstein. With other female execs. But every single time I’d hear “as long as you aren’t meeting with Harvey, you’ll be fine.” That’s our reality.
2:01 PM - Oct 5, 2017
22 22 Replies 339 339 Retweets 1,436 1,436 likes
Follow
Mark Ruffalo ✔@MarkRuffalo
To be clear what Harvey Weinstein did was a disgusting abuse of power and horrible. I hope we are now seeing the beginning of the end of these abuses.
4:12 PM - Oct 8, 2017
863 863 Replies 4,264 4,264 Retweets 27,371 27,371 likes
Allegations against Weinstein include asking a British journalist to have a bath with him at his hotel when she arrived for a business meeting, and masturbating in front of a former Fox News reporter after cornering her in a restaurant.

In a statement to the New York Times he said: "I appreciate the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologise for it. Though I'm trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go."

Lisa Bloom, a lawyer acting for the producer, said he "denies many of the accusations as patently false". She has since resigned as his adviser following criticism given her past work with victims of sexual harassment, including from her mother, Gloria Allred.

Weinstein's removal from The Weinstein Company will leave it in the control of his brother, Bob Weinstein, along with chief operating officer David Glasser.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:47 am 

STREEPS!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mer ... 45420e?zxp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I just love how these "brave" celebrities are speaking out now, and how the "brave" board of directors fired him once this became public. Never mind that all these same people knew about it for years and said nothing in the interest of self preservation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Franky T wrote:
I just love how these "brave" celebrities are speaking out now, and how the "brave" board of directors fired him once this became public. Never mind that all these same people knew about it for years and said nothing in the interest of self preservation.

Of course not. Limousine liberals have no actual principles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

so, nothing at all will happen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
rogers park bryan wrote:

Nice to see Ben can stand up against sexual harassment and abuse now. Seems like he's been pretty silent on his own brother's abuse and harassment allegations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm 

He's an actor. He's acting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm 

David Simon ‏Verified account @AoDespair 16m16 minutes ago

Thread: Obviously not a sexual harassment anecdote, but I will offer up my singular memory of a meeting with Harvey Weinstein. I met him...

...in the hope of making a deal to write a script on material for which Weinstein held the option. I was in the room with him and two...

...young assistants. As the meeting progressed, he began to tell me that despite what I had probably had heard, his bark was worse than..

...his bite and should we proceed with the script work, I would find that he was a good collaborator and open to compromise. At that point..

...one of the younger subordinates piped up to affirm that this was true and that Weinstein was a good collaborator. At that point...

...the man wheeled on his assistant and told him, "I was talking and you really need to shut the fuck up. I don't need to hear your..."

"...fucking voice in this meeting." Weinstein then returned to assuring me of his easy-going ways. The meeting concluded thereafter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
now the rats come out to play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 pm 

I kinda like how its just FIRE on Weinstein season now.

Hillary just released a shocked and appalled blah blah blah statement.

But this guy...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:50 pm 

Terry Boers answering machine was used extensively in Hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Franky T wrote:

Yeah, no kidding. I don't believe people like Affleck and Streep had no idea Weinstein had been doing this. They can all cram it with walnuts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Yeah, no kidding. I don't believe people like Affleck and Streep had no idea Weinstein had been doing this. They can all cram it with walnuts.

And every Trump voter knew he was a pussy grabber. So EVERYBODY can CRAM IT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

The NY Times article said Seth McFarlane made a wise crack about it at the Oscars in 2013. This looks to be widely known.

Big fundraiser for the Clintons and Obama. Ouch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

http://www.etonline.com/media/videos/ha ... ions-88884
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/10/seth-macf ... arassment/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

What happened to all the accusers of Trump? Do we just not care about them anymore because Clinton lost the election? Shouldn't this still be a huge story?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
rogers park bryan wrote:

relatively good point. that's why I didn't vote for him (and also because he is insane)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

http://www.etonline.com/media/videos/ha ... ions-88884
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/10/seth-macf ... arassment/

McFarlane's reference was four years ago and the 30 Rock reference had to have been longer ago than that.

I'm surprised Streep didn't film her statement from a fainting couch and Affleck his while getting into his Batman suit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Hollywood is full of sexual predators. Look at Bryan Singer and his twink parties.

All the way back to Jack Warner, Sam Goldwyn & Howard Hughes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What happened to all the accusers of Trump? Do we just not care about them anymore because Clinton lost the election? Shouldn't this still be a huge story?

I thought they were supposed to be sued post haste by your guy? Or has he just sicced the IRS on them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Hollywood is full of sexual predators. Look at Bryan Singer and his twink parties.

All the way back to Jack Warner, Sam Goldwyn & Howard Hughes

Heck, in the Godfather it is made clear that Jack Woltz is a pedophile who preys upon his child stars. This is explicitly stated in the book. The film had a deleted scene which made it clear as well, but instead they chose to hint to it in the final cut of the film rather than outright show it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I thought they were supposed to be sued post haste by your guy? Or has he just sicced the IRS on them?

Please don't refer to that dope as "my guy".

I don't know what happened. It sure as hell should be covered though. It seems like the media lost interest as soon as the accusers couldn't help Clinton win the election.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next