It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Even the media types getting caught up in the latest. Many people are probably nervous.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/media/m ... index.html

If you expand the definition enough there isn't a person alive who hasn't "sexually harassed" someone. And we're at the point where a drooling 90 year old in a wheelchair putting his hand on your ass is "sexual assault".

It is really amusing though. For years the media has taken great enjoyment in reporting on the sexual problems of certain people. Mainly republican politicians and right leaning celebrities while dismissing or looking the other way with others.

Now with the internet and the "movement culture" that exists the mainstream media can no longer control the monster they actually helped create.

We have seen this in many arenas and subjects not the least of which was the last election cycle. Anyway, no one is safe anymore or shielded when the animal gets rolling. The left in particular are no longer safe in their old ways.
See this is where BRick got it wrong. The real “Pittmike thing” is a right wing persecution complex.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Even the media types getting caught up in the latest. Many people are probably nervous.

If you expand the definition enough there isn't a person alive who hasn't "sexually harassed" someone. And we're at the point where a drooling 90 year old in a wheelchair putting his hand on your ass is "sexual assault".

He isn't accused of catcalling or asking a subordinate to have sex with him. At some point we have to admit the behavior is wrong period.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 am 

pittmike wrote:
It is really amusing though. For years the media has taken great enjoyment in reporting on the sexual problems of certain people. Mainly republican politicians and right leaning celebrities while dismissing or looking the other way with others.

What?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol:

No. Of all the sex scandals that have made big press in modern times probably 75% of them are left leaning liberals. The media loves that story no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol:

No. Of all the sex scandals that have made big press in modern times probably 75% of them are left leaning liberals. The media loves that story no matter what.

MANY avoid mentioning the "rumors" because either they're a woman or they're likely doing the same shit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He isn't accused of catcalling or asking a subordinate to have sex with him. At some point we have to admit the behavior is wrong period.

That isn't what I'm talking about though. We all are treated "wrong" sometimes. I could make a list of humiliations I have suffered at the hands of others. I'm sure you could too. But we don't because we aren't seeking to be victims.

How about when a shaking Parkinson's patient in a wheelchair "assaults" you, you smack him and tell him to knock it off? Or you can go through life acting like a helpless child.

And now Ellen can't even goof around with her friend. The horror! Katy Perry may be scarred for life.

Is that really the society you want to live in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

That isn't what I'm talking about though. We all are treated "wrong" sometimes. I could make a list of humiliations I have suffered at the hands of others. I'm sure you could too. But we don't because we aren't seeking to be victims.

How about when a shaking Parkinson's patient in a wheelchair "assaults" you, you smack him and tell him to knock it off? Or you can go through life acting like a helpless child.

And now Ellen can't even goof around with her friend. The horror! Katy Perry may be scarred for life.

I mean, no, but at the same time I'm not going to take issue with a woman being pissed when a guy grabs her.

I guess when you're that famous the 90 year old exception doesn't really work. Price of fame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Now with the internet and the "movement culture" that exists the mainstream media can no longer control the monster they actually helped create.

We have seen this in many arenas and subjects not the least of which was the last election cycle. Anyway, no one is safe anymore or shielded when the animal gets rolling. The left in particular are no longer safe in their old ways.
See this is where BRick got it wrong. The real “Pittmike thing” is a right wing persecution complex.

Call it what you want. I see a stark contrast between the right and left as they are treated by the media.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We are seeing the first major breaking point for social media. Valid and logical issues just keep on getting piled on and added to until the whole thing is meaningless. Everyone wants to either call people out, or feel they are part of the story because a guy at school yelled "BOOBS" one time. It's not just SJW's now. Piers Morgan is doing it. badrogue and others did it with Bernstein. They're currently doing it to Sarah Spain because she dared challenge the Barstool empire. Everyone just wants to one up everyone else on being offended. Heck, pittmike seemingly was offended that I "defended" Julie DiCaro by making fun of the obsessed guys on here who have spent 500 pages reposting tweets and waiting for mistakes like the time she thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games. Social media has created a whole society of people desperate to be the victims. It's not just on colleges and Bernie Sanders rallies. It's now for Republicans and middle aged people!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We are seeing the first major breaking point for social media. Valid and logical issues just keep on getting piled on and added to until the whole thing is meaningless. Everyone wants to either call people out, or feel they are part of the story because a guy at school yelled "BOOBS" one time. It's not just SJW's now. Piers Morgan is doing it. badrogue and others did it with Bernstein. They're currently doing it to Sarah Spain because she dared challenge the Barstool empire. Everyone just wants to one up everyone else on being offended. Heck, pittmike seemingly was offended that I "defended" Julie DiCaro by making fun of the obsessed guys on here who have spent 500 pages reposting tweets and waiting for mistakes like the time she thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games. Social media has created a whole society of people desperate to be the victims. It's not just on colleges and Bernie Sanders rallies. It's now for Republicans and middle aged people!

Good observation and more of what I attempted to convey in my earlier post. You don't have to agree with me regarding right or left. It is undeniable though that media and even Entertainment Tonight type shows wanted to push things. Whatever those things may be.

The internet though has become a monster now much bigger than the powers that be can control for any angle one might try.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When you get on a soapbox and preach and condemn others..expect to be called out when you exhibit the same behavior. ( Spain, Dicaro, Bernstein)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It's not about being a victim though. Other than being in a strip club I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times some random woman grabbed my dick. I don't have random women asking me to sleep with them everyday.

This isn't me getting on a high horse and claiming that I never did any of these things to girls/women. It's just me acknowledging that I was wrong. This is one of the major differences in the sexes that I think we all can downplay at times. It doesn't matter how the women looks if she's in public she will get harassed verbally or touched multiple times a day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:26 am 

312player wrote:
When you get on a soapbox and preach and condemn others..expect to be called out when you exhibit the same behavior. ( Spain, Dicaro, Bernstein)
You're just doing the same thing, especially when you concentrate on things that are so unimportant like Bernstein's "BOOBS" tweet as many did on here. There were people that wanted him fired or suspended for a long time for that one on here. That's a little more than pointing out some simple hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
You're just doing the same thing, especially when you concentrate on things that are so unimportant like Bernstein's "BOOBS" tweet as many did on here. [b]There were people that wanted him fired or suspended for a long time for that one on here.[/b] That's a little more than pointing out some simple hypocrisy.

I think that is borne out of the hypocrite themselves though. People like Bernstein while on the soap box call for people to be fired or otherwise harmed for relatively minor transgressions. So naturally people want him to reap what he sows.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
You're just doing the same thing, especially when you concentrate on things that are so unimportant like Bernstein's "BOOBS" tweet as many did on here. [b]There were people that wanted him fired or suspended for a long time for that one on here.[/b] That's a little more than pointing out some simple hypocrisy.

I think that is borne out of the hypocrite themselves though. People like Bernstein while on the soap box call for people to be fired or otherwise harmed for relatively minor transgressions. So naturally people want him to reap what he sows.

or rumored transgressions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:31 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

No, it's because people didn't like him and were using it as an excuse. I mean, it's literally the same thing that people complain about the SJWs doing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

No, it's because people didn't like him and were using it as an excuse. I mean, it's literally the same thing that people complain about the SJWs doing.

No, it's not the same. People are sick of the gotcha, judgmental culture. They're saying, "Now don't you see how unfair, decontextualized, and irrational this is?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

I disagree but ok. This is at least a reason some do not like him don't you think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
You're just doing the same thing, especially when you concentrate on things that are so unimportant like Bernstein's "BOOBS" tweet as many did on here. There were people that wanted him fired or suspended for a long time for that one on here. That's a little more than pointing out some simple hypocrisy.

Ive never been on facebook , twitter or any of that stuff, i only read screen shots that are posted here. Did you read the screen shots curious hair posted from Spain? She's the biggest hypocrite on the airwaves. It's only fair for others to point it out to her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Considering that Fox News viewership equals/exceeds that of CNN/MSNBC combined and that conservative opinions still rule political talk radio, hard to argue that there's a monolithic media and it's anti-Repub/conservative.

Yeah, NY Times makes no bones about its progressive tendencies; and there are surveys showing that journalists who identify as either Repub or Dem (most journos claim to be Independents) identify as the latter/Dem 4 to 1. And when given a binary choice between "Left" and "Right"--no rheostatic "Independent" cop out--something like 75% of journos end up in the "Left" pile.

What's been evident since at least Dubya beat President John Kelly in 2004--what the media tells Americans to think isn't dispositive of elections anymore***. And Trump took that principle to another level, using media bias against his candidacy (either/both real/perceived) as a selling point for his campaign.

***it's what Putin tells Americans to think that determines outcomes in US elections.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:41 am 

tommy wrote:
No, it's not the same. People are sick of the gotcha, judgmental culture. They're saying, "Now don't you see how unfair, decontextualized, and irrational this is?"
This is false. People wanted him fired. I believe they were also looking into sending messages to sponsors and I believe a few did message his boss. It's the exact same thing.
i mean, if they had said "It's not a big deal but you shouldn't throw stones from glass houses" I'd agree.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=93036

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

It's not the same. Bernstein literally wants people fired all the time for things they say. And he's loud and belligerent about it. People wanted him to see how dumb he looked.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
This is false. People wanted him fired. I believe they were also looking into sending messages to sponsors and I believe a few did message his boss. It's the exact same thing.
i mean, if they had said "It's not a big deal but you shouldn't throw stones from glass houses" I'd agree.

They did it because that's what he does!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

It's not the same. Bernstein literally wants people fired all the time for things they say. And he's loud and belligerent about it. People wanted him to see how dumb he looked.
So you are saying that they didn't actually want him fired, but were simply pointing out his hypocrisy in previous instances? I really misread the thoughts of a lot of people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:

Exactly!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Megan McCardle playing the part of the canary in the coal mine on social media mob-think and public internet shaming:

Quote:
Given the way the internet is transforming private coercion, I’m not sure we can maintain the hard, bright line that classical liberalism drew between state coercion and private versions. We may have to start talking about two kinds of problematic coercion:

1. Government coercion, which is still the worst, because it is backed up with guns, but is also the most readily addressed because we have a legal framework to limit government power.

2. Mass private coercion, which even if not quite as bad, still needs to have safeguards put in place to protect individual liberty. But we have no legal or social framework for those.

I find myself in more and more conversations that sound as if we’re living in one of the later-stage Communist regimes. Not the ones that shot people, but the ones that discovered you didn’t need to shoot dissidents, as long as you could make them pariahs -- no job, no apartment, no one willing to be seen talking to them in public

Quote:
The people I have these conversations with are terrified that something they say will inadvertently offend the self-appointed powers-that-be. They’re afraid that their email will be hacked, and stray snippets will make them the next one in the internet stocks. They’re worried that some opinion they hold now will unexpectedly be declared anathema, forcing them to issue a humiliating public recantation, or risk losing their friends and their livelihood.

Social media mobs are not, of course, as pervasive and terrifying as the Communist Party spies. But the Soviet Union is no more, and the mobs are very much with us, so it’s their power we need to think about.

That power keeps growing, as does the number of subjects they want to declare off-limits to discussion. And unless it is checked, where does it lead? To something depressingly like the old Communist states: a place where your true opinions about anything more important than tea cozies are only ever aired to a tiny circle of highly trusted friends; where all statements made to or by the people outside that circle are assumed by everyone to be lies; where almost every conversation is a guessing game that both sides lose.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... nline-mobs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:

Exactly!

Sorry - I didn't realize you were a pacifist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:

It's a shame that the PittMike's and BadRogue's of the world don't realize that they are the same as Dan Bernstein, Julie DiCaro, and Sarah Spain. They are living a life hating the people that they emulate every single day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am 

It would have been hilarious if Bernstein would have been fired for that. Justice would have been served.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
There was some pretty funny stuff in that thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next