It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Holy shit both sides dealt with with Wilton Speight's injury last month during the Purdue-Michigan football game in an awful manner.

First, Michigan's training staff completely failed to recognize a back injury and didn't bother to stabilize him. They let him walk off the field.

Second, when Purdue took over, they brought him to PUSH (the on campus clinic) instead of a real hospital. BRick can confirm this, but PUSH is absolutely useless and the joke on campus is that they tell everyone who walks through the doors that they are either pregnant or have mono.

Regardless, both sides completely dropped the ball here and it's a miracle there isn't permanent nerve damage resulting from this.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... 107045682/

I will say the article is one sided and completely ignores the fact that Michigan's doctor and staff didn't recognize the back injury and doing so probably would've led to this being handled more urgently.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This worse than the time the Bulls almost paralyzed Luol Deng or bout the same?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:12 am 

This was mismanagement by Michigan. He walked off the field! Are they supposed to magically know he was actually really hurt? There are 4 or 5 people every game who do the same in any football game. The student hospital has acceptable facilities for a place without a med school. I'm sure Michigan has better but they have a huge med school.

Purdue still needs a better system but Michigan has been crying about the trip since it happened. I don't think it's a huge deal.