It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The $9 million coach wants a 16 team playoff now. Guess it's kind of hard to make the playoffs under the current format when you can't finish better than third in your own division. I can't believe there are still Bear fans who think this guy would be their savior.

Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think 8 is a fair number.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:43 pm 

12 teams with quarters Christmas weekend and semis new years weekend

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
he's going to win 28 or 29 games in 3 years with 3 years worth of some of the worst offensive recruiting (brady hoke years) in the power 5 conferences. i imagine he's not far off from competing.

that said, he' no meyer or saban. but he's as good as the rest of the pack behind them that can muster up a few good years here or there.

Last edited by hnd on Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm 

Why is this DB worthy? He simply wants what most other people want. I dont know that it needs to be 16 teams, but it needs to be more than 4. 8 at the very least.

I would be thrilled to kicked Fox out of his office right this moment and hand the keys over to Harbaugh.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I think 16 is the right number.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Why is this DB worthy? He simply wants what most other people want. I dont know that it needs to be 16 teams, but it needs to be more than 4. 8 at the very least.

I would be thrilled to kicked Fox out of his office right this moment and hand the keys over to Harbaugh.

Because he's not saying it because most other people want it (which I don't think is necessarily the case anyway) but because he's realizing it's a helluva lot harder to into the playoffs under the current system than he and his apologists in Ann Arbor anticipated.

8 is the absolute maximum they should ever consider moving to and even then I'm not sure it's preferable over the current system.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:12 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
8 is the absolute maximum they should ever consider moving to and even then I'm not sure it's preferable over the current system.
Agreed.

16 teams would be an extra 4 games. I'm not sure college players are ready to handle up to 17 games for a season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
to be fair, he had a QB who could get him there until Purdue's defense killed him.

#BTFU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm 

and facilities

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:51 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
to be fair, he had a QB who could get him there until Purdue's defense killed him.

#BTFU
:lol: His parents made a big deal about it last week. No mention that the Michigan medical staff walked him off the field and into the locker room and didn't tell anyone at Purdue that there was any potential emergency.

In the future, every Michigan injury at a Purdue game will get an immediate ambulance ride to the hospital, especially if they are a star player who may do well against us and give us a better chance of losing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I have been in favor of 16 teams for a while:
All D 1A conference champions (gives it the Cinderella fun of the basketball tournament) and 6 at large bids.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

#BTFU
:lol: His parents made a big deal about it last week. No mention that the Michigan medical staff walked him off the field and into the locker room and didn't tell anyone at Purdue that there was any potential emergency.

In the future, every Michigan injury at a Purdue game will get an immediate ambulance ride to the hospital, especially if they are a star player who may do well against us and give us a better chance of losing.

seriously, Michigan's trainers failed to communicate anything to Purdue's medical staff and that is what led to the entire clusterfuck.

I did laugh that he was taken to PUSH though as the only thing they can competently do is perform a pregnancy test

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 am 

His big freshman QB recruit is just being unleashed.

I do put him up there with Saban and Meyer. Maybe just a touch below due to starting late because of a playing career and coaching in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 am 

and he's got a mccaffery boy behind him as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 am 

GoldenJet wrote:

So does chaspop :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:

I do put him up there with Saban and Meyer. Maybe just a touch below due to starting late because of a playing career and coaching in the NFL.

You really have some awful sports thoughts...3 seasons in @ Michigan and he's like what, 4th-5th place in the Big Ten?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

#BTFU

Wilton Pick8 had a mediocre completion % and TD/INT ratio against a bunch of unranked teams and crappy Florida before getting hurt vs Purdue...exactly where was he going to get them? 3rd place in the Big Ten East?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You really have some awful sports thoughts...3 seasons in @ Michigan and he's like what, 4th-5th place in the Big Ten?

As has been stated by previous posters, he was working with players from a horrible recruiter.

His work at San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco was phenomenal. His third year at UM has been underwhelming but his impact on turning that program around was immediate and apparent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

As has been stated by previous posters, he was working with players from a horrible recruiter.

His work at San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco was phenomenal. His third year at UM has been underwhelming but his impact on turning that program around was immediate and apparent.

This is his 3rd year at Michigan. You can only play the "my recruits aren't ready yet" card for so long.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Juiced wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

So does chaspop :wink:

Using a tee in the middle of the fairway :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This is his 3rd year at Michigan. You can only play the "my recruits aren't ready yet" card for so long.

Right. Four years.

His first two years would be classified as overachieving with the talent available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 am 

Brady Hoke was fired after finishing 5th in the Big 10 East. Michigan is 4th now in the Big 10 East. Are those the expectations you set for the "messiah"?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:31 pm 

brady hoke was fired because his recruiting was deplorable and wasn't a game day coach at all. and if you aren't going ot make in game decisions your coordinators better be tip top. offensively they weren't. his success early was because of denard robinson. once denard and the other playmakers on offense were gone, it was clear he was not replacing the offensive players with the type of talent you'd expect.

comparing harbaugh and the program today with brady hoke is evidence of not paying attention. if you aren't a fan then why would you but even mentioning hoke is a clear sign of ignorance.

recruiting is sometimes a poor excuse but in this case its legit and outside of that idiot with the big ears on the SEC's dick, most college football guys acknowledge this.

its all about to me QB play. which everyone knew would take a few years to pan out at michigan. the stop gapping is over.

that being said, if peters or mccaffery don't play out? its probably curtains for harbaugh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
hnd, I am going to think of romaine lettuce every time I see you post.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 pm 

hnd wrote:
brady hoke was fired because his recruiting was deplorable and wasn't a game day coach at all. and if you aren't going ot make in game decisions your coordinators better be tip top. offensively they weren't. his success early was because of denard robinson. once denard and the other playmakers on offense were gone, it was clear he was not replacing the offensive players with the type of talent you'd expect.

comparing harbaugh and the program today with brady hoke is evidence of not paying attention. if you aren't a fan then why would you but even mentioning hoke is a clear sign of ignorance.

recruiting is sometimes a poor excuse but in this case its legit and outside of that idiot with the big ears on the SEC's dick, most college football guys acknowledge this.

its all about to me QB play. which everyone knew would take a few years to pan out at michigan. the stop gapping is over.

that being said, if peters or mccaffery don't play out? its probably curtains for harbaugh.

You're paying Harbaugh 9 million a year to be a slight upgrade over Brady Hoke..congrats????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brady Hoke was fired after finishing 5th in the Big 10 East. Michigan is 4th now in the Big 10 East. Are those the expectations you set for the "messiah"?

I said that this year is underwhelming, but Harbaugh now has a pretty big body of work from which to judge. Is he better than Saban because he could successfully coach in college and the NFL?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:12 pm 

who gives a shit how much money he makes and yes, in his first 2 full years of recruiting he's bringing in way more talent. he's much more than a marginal improvement over hoke. jimbo and dabo both won less games in their first 3 years with similar talent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:33 pm 

Hoke inherited an even worse recruiting mess from Rodriguez than Harbaugh got from Hoke and led the team to a similarly mediocre record across his first 3 seasons.

And I especially don't buy the lack of talent at quarterback excuse given how much of Harbaugh's reputation is premised on the rubbish notion that he's some kind of quarterback whisperer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:24 pm 

thats all nonsense. RR delivered a much stronger recruiting class on offense and an ok class on defense (top 20 all 3 years. hoke was exceptional at getting a few of rr's recruits to stay. i give hime that) with wr's, rb's, and denard. once denard went bye bye hoke tried to turn gardner into a pocket passer and it failed completely. all rr didnt' do was give hoke a kicker. he was solid everywhere else and won with rr's guys for a year then as they left, he completely fell off. he beat a luke fickel ran osu reeling from all the tressel bs, and then couldn't muster much of anything else from that time forward. he was horribly inept in every way and sailed off to go back to being a line coach.

regarding qb whisperer harbaugh turned jake ruddock into a michigan record breaker and an nfl pick. somehting nobody predicted. okorn and speight are mediocre and only stop gaps till he got his guys ready to go.

i get it, i'm a michigan man. i'm highly skeptical we will be contending soon, and i dont' doubt he'll eventually run back to the nfl but seriously, a little perspective.