It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas, you know I love you, but who are my neighbors? I live in an average Chicago suburb. My neighbors are wine-loving housewives and Jewish men who disappointed their fathers.

I'm speaking more about the people who you grew up around. You knew that. I assumed that you were defending them and not the spoiled and entitled crowd. Maybe you are an East Coast Elite at heart. Sad!

I’m not defending anyone, but where I grew up certainly is a desolate, crime-ridden shell of its former self. I don’t blame the people there for wanting to give a middle finger to the system. It won’t help them because the reality is that a global economy has made their skills worth virtually nothing. But they’re still allowed to hope even if it’s a futile effort... just as people in the inner city are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm 

I'm just glad you're back Leash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I'm just glad you're back Leash

Thank you, sir.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Moore is obviously going to win--it would be surprising if he won by fewer than 10 points. Thankfully at least one realist among us is concerned about the safety of the Senate pages once he arrives in DC.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36427 ... ges-if-roy

In a Dec. 8 letter to the Senate Sergeant at Arms, the congresswoman writes of her “urgent concern” for the safety of Senate pages if Moore is elected.
“Being away from home puts these young people in a very vulnerable position,” Moore writes in the letter. “The nature of life on Capitol Hill necessitates long hours in close proximity to lawmakers and staff that can create power dynamics of which young people are not fully aware.”
“It would be unconscionable for Congress to not be vigilant and proactive in taking precautions to safeguard these children given the well sourced allegations against Roy Moore,” she continues.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 pm 

In a speech tonight, Mrs. Roy Moore confronted allegations that they don't like Jewish people by noting that they "have a lawer who is a J.ew"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas, you know I love you, but who are my neighbors? I live in an average Chicago suburb. My neighbors are wine-loving housewives and Jewish men who disappointed their fathers.

I'm speaking more about the people who you grew up around. You knew that. I assumed that you were defending them and not the spoiled and entitled crowd. Maybe you are an East Coast Elite at heart. Sad!

I’m not defending anyone, but where I grew up certainly is a desolate, crime-ridden shell of its former self. I don’t blame the people there for wanting to give a middle finger to the system. It won’t help them because the reality is that a global economy has made their skills worth virtually nothing. But they’re still allowed to hope even if it’s a futile effort... just as people in the inner city are.

that's half of America, maybe more

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I have a FB friend, from Alabama, who happens to be a pretty serious RW nut job...even he thinks Moore is a complete piece of shit. He's currently arguing with an off the deepend woman who is a giant Trump and Moore fan. She's convinced Moore is being smeared, that there's zero truth to the underage dating story.

This woman actually has a countdown to Armageddon clock on her FB wall.

It's kinda fascinating.

Quote:
Judge Moore never had anyone in his years as a jurist accuse him of an immoral act. I’m sure his life has been reviewed many times in his rise as a jurist to see if he was fit for the job. No one has ever found him unfit or his moral character questioned. ONLY when he runs against a liberal Democrat is he smeared. Sounds a lot like the Hillary Clinton playbook? So sad there are wicked people in this world who try to destroy some one for their own personal and political gain. His being a bold Christian makes him a target for the forces of darkness. I pray the people of Alabama will vote for this good man.

Quote:
I love President Trump more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow!

Quote:
Concerning Jerusalem becoming the capital of Israel and the relocation of the US Embassy there…

The Hands on God’s End-Time Prophetic Clock just moved forward to seconds before midnight and the end of this Age.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption (apolutrosis: liberation) draweth nigh. Lu 21:28

Quote:
Roll Tide Roll.

Last edited by GoldenJet on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Buddy of mine uses the same thinking when talking about Moore.

"In all his years this never came up. Not saying it can't be true. Just surprising it's never come up."

Makes me chuckle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

"In all his years this never came up. Not saying it can't be true. Just surprising it's never come up."

Makes me chuckle.

Remind him about Strom Thurmond and the love child not publicly acknowledged until after his death. But known about in "polite" southern circles for years

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm 

tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It certainly is.

Drive through middle America sometime rather than taking a flight. It's basically ghost towns with a few decent places that have power plants or maybe a big insurance company.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It certainly is.

Drive through middle America sometime rather than taking a flight. It's basically ghost towns with a few decent places that have power plants or maybe a big insurance company.

A look at census numbers over the years is depressing. And as bad as the towns are the countryside is emptying out too. I can’t even count the empty and torn down homes in my township. An old neighbor told me he could stand on his front porch and see where 10 houses once stood.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It certainly is.

A look at census numbers over the years is depressing. And as bad as the towns are the countryside is emptying out too. I can’t even count the empty and torn down homes in my township. An old neighbor told me he could stand on his front porch and see where 10 houses once stood.

sad driving through such places. sad architecturally, culturally, economically....the constant eroding of the sense of community is what gets me the most.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 am 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
is

It certainly is.

sad driving through such places. sad architecturally, culturally, economically....the constant eroding of the sense of community is what gets me the most.

In many places one must ask: what community values were they built on? Maga!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Makes me chuckle.

Remind him about Strom Thurmond and the love child not publicly acknowledged until after his death. But known about in "polite" southern circles for years

People act like judicial races vet anywhere close to the amount that is performed for local dog catcher. The bar associations are really the only one's vetting and they aren't doing any digging. They are looking at your professional life.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It certainly is.

or a prison

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 am 

I heard on NPR today the thought process of Alabama voters. Moore voters are largely voting for him based on abortion. They also voted for Trump, who has had an inconsistent stand on abortion but I'm sure they weren't single issue voters in that instance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Moore voters are largely voting for him based on abortion.

the whole state should be aborted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
They are expecting 25% voter turnout.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
well, what is the latest? They have exit polls or anything?

A Dem taking that seat would be awesome just for the entertainment value alone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Hatchetman wrote:
well, what is the latest? They have exit polls or anything?

A Dem taking that seat would be awesome just for the entertainment value alone.

First exit polls are expected at 4PM CT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
OK. Keep us abreast of the latest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

In many places one must ask: what community values were they built on? Maga!

that's true. that's the history of the south side, right there. communities exclude people, and it's ugly when they do. still, you can work to improve a faulty community, but there's no cure for a community that's vanished.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hatchetman wrote:

Good omens for Moore tonight as temps in AL drop into the teens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:32 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Good omens for Moore tonight as temps in AL drop into the teens.

AL cities need domes. Minnesota, Milwaukee, the Sox....good call on this.

Moore rode his horse to vote. Cool and all, but he managed to make himself look like . d-bag nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Holy fuck please tell me this Moore spokesman is not real

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/9 ... 1742419969

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
tommy wrote:

Moore rode his horse to vote. Cool and all, but he managed to make himself look like . d-bag nonetheless.

Roy Moore
Elmhurst Steve
=MATCH ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm 

Bagels wrote:
tommy wrote:

Roy Moore
Elmhurst Steve
=MATCH ?

Nicely played! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Remember we can't laugh at him if we want to change his heart. He's on the edge of his seat looking for a viable Muslim alternative.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
OMG THEYRE SUPRESSING THE BLACK VOTE !!

Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid)
12/12/17, 3:55 PM
Credible source reporting 90-minute waits, long lines in predominantly black precinct in Mobile with only one person verifying IDs. Shorter wait times in predominantly white areas. Can anyone verify?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
OMG THEYRE SUPRESSING THE BLACK VOTE !!

Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid)
12/12/17, 3:55 PM
Credible source reporting 90-minute waits, long lines in predominantly black precinct in Mobile with only one person verifying IDs. Shorter wait times in predominantly white areas. Can anyone verify?

Joe Reid is becoming a prominent liberal voice.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next