It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
I keep reading more and more articles about these pieces of shit who keep a "support" animal around them at all times that are not support animals.

First off, support animals are different than service animals. Service animals go through intense training for years and serve an actual purpose to help people with legitimate disabilities in a number of ways. They are not pets, and the wait list to get one is quite long. They are trained to be in crowded, loud areas and not get jumpy or nervous.

Second, there are instances where legit support animals used as comfort animals to support people going through emotional traumas serve a purpose. Especially with returning war veterans. They brought in a bunch of lazy golden retrievers as support animals to my wife's school to help the kids who were dealing with two of their classmates that were murdered by their mother before she offed herself. And just being around the dogs was comforting for these kids, and I support that.

Now, my beef is with these pieces of shit who print off a "support animal" fake certificate online and use it to carry their animal everywhere with them including restaurants and especially airplanes. The latter mostly to avoid having to board the animal.

The problem is most of these animals are not trained, and they run all over or attack other people or other trained service animals. The latest involved this white trash bitch who brought her "support pig" on an airline, and the fucker went ape shit and ran all over the plane. You can usually tell a non-support animal as it is often not a dog (a fucking pig?), and it's owner is usually a female who weighs in excess of 250 pounds and has a minimum of 7 tattoos and is likely on at least 3 different psychotropic medications.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Agree 100%. And where we operate we cannot even ask for a certificate or any other proof. If we are told it's a service animal then it is. We had someone claim their cat was a service animal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 pm 

I need a support animal to protect me against men who are trash.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
I keep reading more and more articles about these pieces of shit who keep a "support" animal around them at all times that are not support animals.

First off, support animals are different than service animals. Service animals go through intense training for years and serve an actual purpose to help people with legitimate disabilities in a number of ways. They are not pets, and the wait list to get one is quite long. They are trained to be in crowded, loud areas and not get jumpy or nervous.

Second, there are instances where legit support animals used as comfort animals to support people going through emotional traumas serve a purpose. Especially with returning war veterans. They brought in a bunch of lazy golden retrievers as support animals to my wife's school to help the kids who were dealing with two of their classmates that were murdered by their mother before she offed herself. And just being around the dogs was comforting for these kids, and I support that.

Now, my beef is with these pieces of shit who print off a "support animal" fake certificate online and use it to carry their animal everywhere with them including restaurants and especially airplanes. The latter mostly to avoid having to board the animal.

The problem is most of these animals are not trained, and they run all over or attack other people or other trained service animals. The latest involved this white trash bitch who brought her "support pig" on an airline, and the fucker went ape shit and ran all over the plane. You can usually tell a non-support animal as it is often not a dog (a fucking pig?), and it's owner is usually a female who weighs in excess of 250 pounds and has a minimum of 7 tattoos and is likely on at least 3 different psychotropic medications.

Nomination Approved.

These people are the absolute worst. I see this shit on flights all the time now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm 

a genius wrote:
Agree 100%. And where we operate we cannot even ask for a certificate or any other proof. If we are told it's a service animal then it is. We had someone claim their cat was a service animal.

Yep. That's right. You can't even ask people for proof of a certificate. And yeah, cats, rabbits, ferrets, all BS. A cat does not give a shit about anyone, and it would likely try to eat you if it was larger than you. No way in hell that thing provides "support"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm 

Carolla has been screaming about this for years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Douchebag wrote:
Nomination Approved.

These people are the absolute worst. I see this shit on flights all the time now.

A february flight to south florida (i.e. Ft. Myers) makes you feel like you are boarding Noah's Ark.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
There was a diabetic girl at my kids' high school who had a support dog. The kids told me she just wanted attention, and I was never clear how a dog helps a diabetic, but what the heck. A week after they let her bring the dog to school, it never came back. Apparently, the girl didn't like the hassle of bringing a dog around school.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
denisdman wrote:
There was a diabetic girl at my kids' high school who had a support dog. The kids told me she just wanted attention, and I was never clear how a dog helps a diabetic, but what the heck. A week after they let her bring the dog to school, it never came back. Apparently, the girl didn't like the hassle of bringing a dog around school.

A dog can sense when insulin levels are out of whack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm 

I represent a lot of landlords and this issue is getting out of control. People can get a "certificate" online for $50 without ever even seeing or talking to anyone. It's a sham.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Franky T wrote:
I represent a lot of landlords and this issue is getting out of control. People can get a "certificate" online for $50 without ever even seeing or talking to anyone. It's a sham.

$50, eh?

I think need a support falcon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Lots of people will do MANY things for $50.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Franky T wrote:

You mean that gets them around a "no pets" rule?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 pm 

some entitled north shore mom brought her retriever into ABT the other day when the crowd was shoulder to shoulder. Well, I don't have to tell you that I gave her the most disapproving of glares.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You mean that gets them around a "no pets" rule?

No, need a little more than that, but that's the start.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
SuperMario wrote:
The latest involved this white trash bitch who brought her "support pig" on an airline, and the fucker went ape shit and ran all over the plane. You can usually tell a non-support animal as it is often not a dog (a fucking pig?), and it's owner is usually a female who weighs in excess of 250 pounds and has a minimum of 7 tattoos and is likely on at least 3 different psychotropic medications.
I sure hope at the very least that Hawg had a sport coat on.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Bagels wrote:

Pray for Mojo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Franky T wrote:
denisdman wrote:

And if that was the purpose of said dog in this situation, then the dog wouldn't have disappeared in a week. It was a ploy for attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I see way too many fake support dogs on flights. The regulatory rules for airlines are more lenient than the ADA rules. I know Southwest has tried to crack down, but they're not allowed to dispute a signed certificate from a medical professional.

ETA: The bigger issue is that
1) emotional support animals don't have to be in a carrier during the flight, they can be on the owner's lap,
2) the airline surcharge for traveling with pets has to be waived. (For Southwest, that's $95 each way)
3) the airline limits on number of pets per flight (Southwest limits a plane to 6 pet carriers) must be waived.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

If you get one, you have to complete the ensemble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
SuperMario wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Man, that chick in that movie was way hot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 am 
Site Admin

SuperMario wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Training a falcon or hawk is something I plan to do in my retirement. I've done a little research. It seems one should start with a small bird like a kestrel. I read a pretty good book recently called H is for Hawk. The author, Helen MacDonald, is in a current PBS nature special training a goshawk.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 am 

denisdman wrote:
Franky T wrote:
denisdman wrote:

And if that was the purpose of said dog in this situation, then the dog wouldn't have disappeared in a week. It was a ploy for attention.

I dont know about that girl, but that logic is not always correct.

I had a girl on my softball team that was diabetic and stopped wearing her monitor half way through the season because it was a pain in the ass. Her mom just had to check her more often.

So, it's possible the dog was legit, but bringing it became an issue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:06 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Training a falcon or hawk is something I plan to do in my retirement. I've done a little research. It seems one should start with a small bird like a kestrel. I read a pretty good book recently called H is for Hawk. The author, Helen MacDonald, is in a current PBS nature special training a goshawk.

Get a Crow. Smartest birds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Yes, they even make tools. I want something that will hunt though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Depending on who you ask, MANY say that birds are the second smartest animal. I believe they have the second largest head-to-body ratio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

$50, eh?

Yes, they even make tools. I want something that will hunt though.

I think you have to apprentice with someone. We started looking at for my son as he was interested in doing it but was far too young. I always thought a gyrfalcon would be kind of cool.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 am 

Always reminds me of one of my favorite Far Side comics