It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EA Games
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
They will sell you half a game for $60 and charge you for the rest of it $10-$20 at a time.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... aging.html

I honestly don't know why people continue to buy their games and reward this behavior. Contrast this with Rockstar giving you free DLC's for GTA Online, a game which has been out for 4+ years.

EA's response to criticisms for the new Star Wars game led to this, the most downvoted post in Reddit history.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... d/dppum98/

Post subject: Re: EA Games
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Shouldn't the DBOTW be the gamers who whine the loudest yet do in fact reward such behavior? EA is merely trying to maximize shareholder value, a perfectly acceptable thing to do in a capitalist economy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:34 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Shouldn't the DBOTW be the gamers who whine the loudest yet do in fact reward such behavior? EA is merely trying to maximize shareholder value, a perfectly acceptable thing to do in a capitalist economy.

I was really considering adding the people who continue to purchase the games to the nomination as well. I mean EA only does this because morons continue to pay for this crap.

There are plenty of smaller developers making fantastic games today without micro-transactions.

I'll admit I buy NHL every year, but there really are no micro-transactions unless you are doing HUT, which I never found to be of interest to me. I always do franchise, online versus, EASHL, or be a pro. None of those modes ever had micro-transactions.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
EA Sports has the worst customer service of any company I’ve ever dealt with. There is no way to get in touch with them. There is no phone number, and their chat feature either never works or has wait times of over an hour. I paid $60 for Madden 18 and have never been able to use the online features because I’m locked into an incorrect email address that Madden just guessed at and I don’t know the password. It’s a common problem that they won’t fix. There should be a class action suit over it. I will never again buy an EA product.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I know nothing about the Battlefront series, but people are claiming it would take 4,500 hours of gameplay or $2100 to unlock all locked content that shipped with the game. Wow.

And yet Battlefield 1 was fine? Is EA just trying to milk the Star Wars fans?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:48 pm 

IMU wrote:
I know nothing about the Battlefront series, but people are claiming it would take 4,500 hours of gameplay or $2100 to unlock all locked content that shipped with the game. Wow.

and you know they will be adding new locked content in future downloads, which will have to be purchased separately.

I never played the series, but I'm loving the backlash EA is receiving as this is long overdue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
ZephMarshack wrote:

It's like the people who complain about the price of beer at concerts and sporting events, while they buy two at a time.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 pm 

Chus wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

It's like the people who complain about the price of beer at concerts and sporting events, while they buy two at a time.

EA would charge you extra for the can it comes in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Monetize everything.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The outdoors is nice. Try it sometime.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Soon it will be legal for companies to just take your money out of your online account. It will be OK because it will maximize shareholder value which is the important thing, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Soon it will be legal for companies to just take your money out of your online account. It will be OK because it will maximize shareholder value which is the important thing, after all.

we'll see what happens to shareholder value when a significant number of the preorders get canceled.

It got to the point today that analysts were taking notice and issuing warnings re EA's earnings.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall-st ... sales.html

I guess this is the beauty of the free market, when consumers revolt, companies notice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Catfishing strikes again!

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of- ... 1820474458

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Haven't bought an EA game in years. Never understood paying $60 for basically the same football, basketball, etc. game year after year. Also never understood micro transactions in games either.

And this is usually from the same companies that release half-completed games that never went through much beta testing to have to issue constant patches just to get their game to function. Heard the new Call of Duty: World War 2 is buggy as shit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i used to buy the year befores games back in the day. they could be had on ebay for 10 bucks. just wait a year and you'll have it at 20% the cost.

I don't really fault EA for attempting this. they picked the right game. because as much as 20-40 yr old losers will whine and cry, the parents of children and teenagers will pay out the nose for this bullshit. This is the generation thats growing up out of Skylanders and Disney Infinity. by the time you are said and done you've invested 500 bucks into a single game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I thought it was crazy when Blizzard was charging $15/month for Wow. And yet I paid that money for nine years. They delivered non-stop content upgrades and produced one of the most immersive games ever. It was worth every penny.

Now contrast that with League (LOL). It is a freemium game, and you never need to pay a dime to play it. It has a much higher subscriber base but with a lot smaller content upgrades.

They are both incredibly fun games. Overall, I think I got more out of Wow, so the money was worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I thought it was crazy when Blizzard was charging $15/month for Wow. And yet I paid that money for nine years. They delivered non-stop content upgrades and produced one of the most immersive games ever. It was worth every penny.

Now contrast that with League (LOL). It is a freemium game, and you never need to pay a dime to play it. It has a much higher subscriber base but with a lot smaller content upgrades.

They are both incredibly fun games. Overall, I think I got more out of Wow, so the money was worth it.

I honestly love games like Elite: Dangerous. You pay for the game and the expansions (which might as well be new games with what they add). The only in play microtransactions are for cosmetic stuff, which don't impact the play of the game. If you want to pay to put your logo on your ship or paint it, more power to you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Furious Styles wrote:

The outdoors fucking suck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Basically anyone except me who buys video games is a douchebag.

As I've said MANY times in the past, I've been boycotting ALL EA games since they ran 2k football out of business in 2003ish. At the time I was actually a Madden player and had never played 2k. But, I saw in reviews how 2k was getting better reviews than Madden and was intrigued to see how Madden would respond. I was looking forward to EA putting more effort into making a better game that could compete with 2k. But, instead they responded by buying the entire NFL license and running 2k out of business. Did they also improve their own game? No, of course not. Why make a better product when you can just eliminate the competition?

It was at that moment that I became Kyrie Irving woke to what a shitty company EA was and decided I would never buy Madden or any other EA game ever again. Haven't looked back since.

Now all you morons are just realizing what a shitty company EA is? The evidence has been out there for 15 years. Remember in the past 10 years when EA was rated as the worst company in a America to work? No surprise there.

So, nomination denied because its too late. And OP is a douche since he admits to buying an EA game and helping this shitty company stay afloat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:

I always felt monthly subscription games, at least the good ones, were easily worth the monthly fee. When I was playing Utima Online, WoW, and SW:TOR I had no interest in playing other games. When I wasn't wrapped up in MMORPGs I usually bought a game at least every other month, so I "saved" money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
KDdidit wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I always felt monthly subscription games, at least the good ones, were easily worth the monthly fee. When I was playing Utima Online, WoW, and SW:TOR I had no interest in playing other games. When I wasn't wrapped up in MMORPGs I usually bought a game at least every other month, so I "saved" money.

I guess they have to create compelling content to retain folks like us. It took me years to break the WoW addiction because no other game came close. League finally did it for me because it's pure pvp, which is what I truly enjoy. I bought Overwatch and can't get into it. Shooter games aren't my style even though it has elements of league in it. I also tried that NHL game with Kane on the cover. Same thing.

League is basically like those pvp team matches in WoW, battlegrounds. Each one lasts about 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Hockey Gay wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

they pretty much do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

they pretty much do.

Bad opinions. Outdoors are great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I guess they have to create compelling content to retain folks like us. It took me years to break the WoW addiction because no other game came close. League finally did it for me because it's pure pvp, which is what I truly enjoy. I bought Overwatch and can't get into it. Shooter games aren't my style even though it has elements of league in it. I also tried that NHL game with Kane on the cover. Same thing.

League is basically like those pvp team matches in WoW, battlegrounds. Each one lasts about 30 minutes.

I enjoyed the "middle" with WoW. I was a top 10 PvE Raid guild on my server, but fuck being psycho enough to be in one of the top ones, and I enjoyed PvP enough to grind out Rank 10 when there were 14 ranks, which was a decent accomplishment, but again, fuck being psycho enough to get past that rank. I liked it when they started to move a bit to 20 man raids instead of 40s, but if given a choice with decent rewards, I'd do nothing but 5 or 10 man stuff.

For all sports I still play, I never was that competetive in video games. Growing up playing Atari, Intellivision, and Colecovision, while there were 1v1 games, I never found them that rewarding because of how simple they were. When games finally got more complex, my friends and I would play sports games on Genesis with the 4 player adapter and we'd all play on the same team and not against each other. EA (ha) Sports Rugby was the best game we played with that and nobody really knew the rules. We'd just turn offsides off and go to town.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm 

The outdoors is where you go when you’re feeling shitty and need to forget about life. It’s medicine, man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
The outdoors is where you go when you’re feeling shitty and need to forget about life. It’s medicine, man.

Are garages indoors or outdoors?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:18 pm 

Depends on if the garage door is open

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Are garages indoors or outdoors?

You kidding?

Attached or detached?

Stick built? Truss? Pole barn?

Insulated? Slab? Finished? Heated?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
KDdidit wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I enjoyed the "middle" with WoW. I was a top 10 PvE Raid guild on my server, but fuck being psycho enough to be in one of the top ones, and I enjoyed PvP enough to grind out Rank 10 when there were 14 ranks, which was a decent accomplishment, but again, fuck being psycho enough to get past that rank. I liked it when they started to move a bit to 20 man raids instead of 40s, but if given a choice with decent rewards, I'd do nothing but 5 or 10 man stuff.

For all sports I still play, I never was that competetive in video games. Growing up playing Atari, Intellivision, and Colecovision, while there were 1v1 games, I never found them that rewarding because of how simple they were. When games finally got more complex, my friends and I would play sports games on Genesis with the 4 player adapter and we'd all play on the same team and not against each other. EA (ha) Sports Rugby was the best game we played with that and nobody really knew the rules. We'd just turn offsides off and go to town.

We bought the rugby game in college. It was fun stuff but we had no idea what we were doing.