It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Good to know the credible historians are hanging out on Reddit rather than Youtube.

You want me to link you scholarly articles locked behind paywalls?

As opposed to Reddit? Probably.

Diamond: 1, 2 (not assympathetic as the preview initially suggests), 3. You guys seem to dislike Reddit, but these are rather in depth and sourced refutations of 2 of the GGS chapters: 12

Last edited by ZephMarshack on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Here is Vice's headline on the subject:

"Jordan Peterson Is Causing Problems at Another University Now"

I will not link to the piece as I refuse to give the writer more hits. I guess I can take solace that the regressive author lives in a rat infested hellhole since Vice (owned by a liberal billionaire) doesn't pay its writers.

What a disingenuous headline! Burying the story and not even trying for any neutrality on the authors part.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:36 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Good to know the credible historians are hanging out on Reddit rather than Youtube.

You want me to link you scholarly articles locked behind paywalls?

As opposed to Reddit? Probably.

Hanson: 1, 2 (reviewed here), 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Here is Vice's headline on the subject:

"Jordan Peterson Is Causing Problems at Another University Now"

I will not link to the piece as I refuse to give the writer more hits. I guess I can take solace that the regressive author lives in a rat infested hellhole since Vice (owned by a liberal billionaire) doesn't pay its writers.

What a disingenuous headline! Burying the story and not even trying for any neutrality on the authors part.

The funny thing about Vice, BuzzFeed, etc. is that the writers who have the bylines (and are easily replaceable morons) earn almost nothing. The real salaried employees are those with actual skills, the developers, sales/marketing team, etc. You can go on Glassdoor.com if you want to have a laugh every time you read a headline/article that makes your head want to explode and you'll feel a nice sense of Schadenfraude. Especially when you consider that the writers foolishly choose to live in high COL markets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
These conversations always remind me of this Triumph video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=378s&v=j556MWGVVqI

Even if partially scripted, it’s hilarious.

I get Loyola campus safety alerts forwarded from my niece. At no point in time is the race of a suspect disclosed. The last suspect was described as being between 20-25 years old and being between 5'9" and 6 feet in height. Pretty much 1/5 of the Edgewater/Rogers park neighborhood.

A while back they went so far as to say "Suspect had a Jamaican accent", and I was shocked they didn't include a disclaimer pointing out white Jamaicans exist.

So it actually coulda been this guy:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm 

tommy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
These conversations always remind me of this Triumph video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=378s&v=j556MWGVVqI

Even if partially scripted, it’s hilarious.

I get Loyola campus safety alerts forwarded from my niece. At no point in time is the race of a suspect disclosed. The last suspect was described as being between 20-25 years old and being between 5'9" and 6 feet in height. Pretty much 1/5 of the Edgewater/Rogers park neighborhood.

A while back they went so far as to say "Suspect had a Jamaican accent", and I was shocked they didn't include a disclaimer pointing out white Jamaicans exist.

So it actually coulda been this guy:

If he liked grabbing coed ass while simultaneously riding a bicycle then yes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:43 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:
What has Washington done that has directly lowered your quality of life in the last year, or hell three years?
A helluva lot more than kids on campus being idiots about free speech.

Great debate mate.

You know LTG gets shit on for his sources but at least he provides them along with a cogent argument.

Your argument appears to amount to little more than Peterson's work simply must be significant and good cause it aligns with your priors. The funniest part is that nothing could better embody the issue of feelz over realz than his feeble efforts to challenge correspondence theories of truth and his boring arguments that so many people who disagree with him are postmodernists, something which he seems to have only the faintest idea about as an actually existing philosophical school of thought.

Honestly I wish more reactionary types would at least look to The Closing of the American Mind if they want to make these same arguments. Bloom at least was a far more entertaining writer than so many of these contemporary blowhards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:
What has Washington done that has directly lowered your quality of life in the last year, or hell three years?

Great debate mate.

You know LTG gets shit on for his sources but at least he provides them along with a cogent argument.

Your argument appears to amount to little more than Peterson's work simply must be significant and good cause it aligns with your priors. The funniest part is that nothing could better embody the issue of feelz over realz than his feeble efforts to challenge correspondence theories of truth and his boring arguments that so many people who disagree with him are postmodernists, something which he seems to have only the faintest idea about as an actually existing philosophical school of thought.

Honestly I wish more reactionary types would at least look to The Closing of the American Mind if they want to make these same arguments. Bloom at least was a far more entertaining writer than so many of these contemporary blowhards.

What is your fucking point? Why comment on this article if you don't feel is has merit or that muh Washington is such a bigger concern?

All you do is shit lib sharp shoot and look down upon others from your ivory tower.

Do you agree with the college? Do you think they are in the right? What is the fucking point!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:

Great debate mate.

What is your fucking point? Why comment on this article if you don't feel is has merit or that muh Washington is such a bigger concern?

All you do is shit lib sharp shoot and look down upon others from your ivory tower.

Do you agree with the college? Do you think they are in the right? What is the fucking point!?

Great debate mate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:59 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:

Great debate mate.

Great debate mate

Great bait mate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:18 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Or this guy....who is actually Canadian, too....everything fits together nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm 

tommy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Or this guy....who is actually Canadian, too....everything fits together nicely.

Thanks tommy, now I have the opening horn section from that song stuck in my head with the occasional police siren thrown in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
tommy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Thanks tommy, now I have the opening horn section from that song stuck in my head with the occasional police siren thrown in.

Hey....he was as real as NWA!

Album title: 12 Inches of Snow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:38 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Honestly, shit like this makes me smile when I see troves of liberal arts students leave college with 6 figures in debt and no ability to get a job outside of making drinks at a Starbucks whereas I instead went to college in order to learn a skill that has value in the marketplace.

Kind of changing subjects here, but has anyone noticed how none of the feminists screaming about the gender gap have STEM degrees?

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I guess I can take solace that the regressive author lives in a rat infested hellhole since Vice (owned by a liberal billionaire) doesn't pay its writers.

r/iamverysmart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I thought this was gonna be about the geese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 pm 

Bagels wrote:
I thought this was gonna be about the geese

Fuck them too since we are on the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
the "wait til they get to the real world" argument doesn't work. until about 5-10 years ago college was the "real world", like you were on your own and nobody was going to care about your bullshit. Now look what they've done. Pronouns.

The most virulently crazy of these people are aged 18-24 and they are just getting into the workplace. You think they wont take over there too? I went back to school two years ago (almost) and it was a completely different experience than it was in the late 00's. They ran completely over it, everything appealing about that life has been drowned out by rants about privilege and constant reminders about what consent is.

Your work is next. Get ready for the "pronouns" meeting. This particular sect of the millennial generation is unequivocating, you are going to abide or they will get your fired. This is the future of the USA. It is completely unavoidable.

-also

L O L that STEM isn't going to be hit hardest. "im a nerd gurl" types are going to feminize your workplace faster than any other. The only workplaces that will be insulated from it and pay well are outdoor/dirty/dangerous work. Luckily this crowd wants nothing to do with actually doing anything.

Last edited by America on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm 

Gay marriage was a mistake. That was our chance to nip this whole thing in the bud, but everyone gave in and now the beast is loose. I admit I took the wrong side of that issue.

Everyone saying it was a slippery slope was right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America wrote:
Gay marriage was a mistake. That was our chance to nip this whole thing in the bud, but everyone gave in and now the beast is loose. I admit I took the wrong side of that issue.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah letting people in love get married was a huge error.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:

Agreed and I took the wrong side as well. I was still too young and naive at the time to see the bigger picture.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

We should've called it something else, or met them halfway on it somehow. Its crazy to really look back on it and realize the precedent it set. Never would've guessed, but I sure wont be fooled again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:40 pm 

America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

We should've called it something else, or met them halfway on it somehow. Its crazy to really look back on it and realize the precedent it set. Never would've guessed, but I sure wont be fooled again.

What makes M/F marriage so special? Infidelity, abuse and divorce don't care about genders. The only thing that it does is possibly result in children and there are plenty of children out there for adoption.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Gay marriage didn’t lead to it.

Government shouldn’t be in the business of marriage at all, but the tax benefits shouldn’t be only for straight people if they’re going to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Government shouldn’t be in the business of marriage at all, but the tax benefits shouldn’t be only for straight people if they’re going to do it.

and insurance and other things, for those companies who don't want to offer benefits to partners or give them their partner's pension (when available).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

BUT THE BIBLE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

What makes M/F marriage so special? Infidelity, abuse and divorce don't care about genders. The only thing that it does is possibly result in children and there are plenty of children out there for adoption.

Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve.

Think about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm 

Adam and Eve were a bad couple AND bad parents. They are an argument for allowing gay marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Adam and Eve were a bad couple AND bad parents. They are an argument for allowing gay marriage.

The original arranged marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

This is the bullshit argument that I fell for.

They weren't as proud to advertise the vindictive motivations meant to "get back" at conservatives and Christians. There is a broader societal penalty we are paying for being so naive. I look back on it now and see how obvious it was. When they rose such a fit because someone wouldn't bake them a cake that should've been a sign. It quickly turned into "well if you dont support our marriage then YOU are a problem and you must be dealt with". The onus was suddenly placed on everyone else to enthusiastically support them. Tolerating quickly wasn't enough.

They should've been stopped there. Give them the tax breaks, the ceremony, the everything but make sure they know that we've drawn the line.

Now here we are with professors being disciplined because their pronoun usage. Its all connected.

note- I dont really have a massive amount of sympathy for Christians or conservatives, especially of that era, but indulging a movement that was fueled by spite and vindictiveness was not smart. There was definitely an indication that the LGBTQWEZKITJZOW2+ movement was aiming at tearing down The Old Way as much as it was human rights or whatever shit they peddled us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Where we really fucked up was letting women vote.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next