It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: SJW's for Farrakhan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Step forward Shaun King, Linda Sarsour, and Tamika Mallory to claim your award.

When you accept your award, please do explain how so-called "internationality" can co-exist with someone like Farrakhan. I'm dying to know the answer ot that one.

Post subject: Re: SJW's for Farrakhan
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:06 am 

Farrakhan only exists to appease the extremes on each side.

I can't remember the last time most took him seriously. But that thinking got us trump.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

I can't remember the last time most took him seriously. But that thinking got us trump.

It seems that in the last few years it has now become acceptable for elected officials to meet with him or praise him.

Despite previously repudiating him, Keith Ellison has met with him on several occasions including visiting his hotel in 2016. Chicago's own Danny Davis just spent the last 2 weeks praising him as well.

Perhaps 5 years ago your statement would've been true, but it seems something has changed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:

It's been about 25 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:17 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

It seems that in the last few years it has now become acceptable for elected officials to meet with him or praise him.

Despite previously repudiating him, Keith Ellison has met with him on several occasions including visiting his hotel in 2016. Chicago's own Danny Davis just spent the last 2 weeks praising him as well.

Perhaps 5 years ago your statement would've been true, but it seems something has changed.

Ok, then explain trump. Wrong remains wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:20 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'd say Trump's win is part of the same specter that has made Farrakhan acceptable in some circles. Racism and bigotry is now 100% OK so long as the racist votes for the same candidates you do. That seems to be the way things are going now.

You and I may see this as wrong, but it appears politicians no longer do as they are cozying up to the extremists.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:30 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'd say Trump's win is part of the same specter that has made Farrakhan acceptable in some circles. Racism and bigotry is now 100% OK so long as the racist votes for the same candidates you do. That seems to be the way things are going now.

You and I may see this as wrong, but it appears politicians no longer do as they are cozying up to the extremists.

I've never liked the guy and with One exception 25 years ago, he's never had broader support. But then again he isn't a national politician running on a platform of state's rights, or "making America great again ". Or race.

And certainly not with the undying support of 35% of the country.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I've never liked the guy and with One exception 25 years ago, he's never had broader support. But then again he isn't a national politician running on a platform of state's rights, or "making America great again ". Or race.

He's gone from being someone no politician would ever touch to now being someone that a deputy DNC chair (with aspirations to become DNC chair) can now meet without repercussions. Just as David Duke went from being a nut who was the butt of jokes and would never be treated seriously to being someone who Trump didn't want to disavow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:34 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He's gone from being someone no politician would ever touch to now being someone that a deputy DNC chair (with aspirations to become DNC chair) can now meet without repercussions. Just as David Duke went from being a nut who was the butt of jokes and would never be treated seriously to being someone who Trump didn't want to disavow.

I can't stand that bastard, but unlike republicans, I'm not going to defend him either because of other shared views. Like I said, wrong is wrong.

Ask Stephen Miller's, Bannon's or the Czech Nazi sympathizers' defenders or employers to say the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:47 am 

And frankly, Netanyahu isn't much better. They're both scumbag racial opportunists in my book.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:11 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
He's gone from being someone no politician would ever touch to now being someone that a deputy DNC chair (with aspirations to become DNC chair) can now meet without repercussions..

Without repercussions? Dershowitz and Saban smeared the hell out of Ellison for his past Nation of Islam ties during the chair race, and the rest of the establishment Democrats were all too happy to go along with them so they could install corporate stooge Tom Perez instead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The wisemen need to do something about recent assaults on apostrophes.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 am 

Farrakhan isn't really relevant in the black community anymore and chances are this isn't the first time that he and Obama have spoken. Their homes are about 2 blocks away from one another in the Hyde Park/Kenwood area.

He is a bomb thrower and an anti Semite, though he didn't seem to have a problem with Jewish doctors operating on him when he needed his life saved many years ago.

Speaking with him is one thing but hitching your wagon to him politically is quite another. If any political figures were to come out openly in support of him then they should be condemned.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

He is a bomb thrower and an anti Semite, though he didn't seem to have a problem with Jewish doctors operating on him when he needed his life saved many years ago .
Look.At.Their.Scalpels.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I have a different take on Farrakhan. And that is: He's entitled to his ideas. Some may be reprehensible ideas but so what? I don't think there need be any demands for anyone to "denounce" him. People are allowed to have stupid ideas, wrong ideas, even hateful ideas.

That said, these hypocrites deserve to have Farrakhan's ugliest ideas tossed right in their faces because they are so full of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:26 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He is a bomb thrower and an anti Semite, though he didn't seem to have a problem with Jewish doctors operating on him when he needed his life saved many years ago .
Look.At.Their.Scalpels.

:lol: This reminds me of this old Jewish guy who used to rent office space from me. During part of WWII he was stationed in Africa- I think Morocco- at a hospital. The hospital took care of wounded G.I.s and also prisoners of war. When the German prisoners needed blood he liked to tell them it was "judenblut". One of the Germans said, "Ya, ya, judenblut ist gut!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

How many Twitter followers does a Jew-hater need to be taken seriously?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Just Eugene Gu, MD.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Twitter followers? This guy has high ranking Congressmen and leaders of marches which get millions to show up supporting him and scared to criticize him. If he is so powerless, then why can't they simply condemn him and cut ties with him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:33 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Twitter followers? This guy has high ranking Congressmen and leaders of marches which get millions to show up supporting him and scared to criticize him. If he is so powerless, then why can't they simply condemn him and cut ties with him.

The real answer is that black antisemitism is seen as separate from and less pernicious than European antisemitism, and thus less necessary to condemn. Blacks who hate Jews because of slumlords or slave merchants haven't carried out exiles, pogroms, or genocides as a result, and even if they wanted to, they've never had the power to do so, so it's handwaved away and more or less left alone as one of those black things outsiders can't understand, like those NBA jackets that have every team's logo on them. The fact that southern blacks all but refused to vote for a Jew in the Democratic primaries was something the media superficially acknowledged without ever exploring, and I wish they had explored it and laid this issue bare.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:44 am 
100000 CLUB

I know that a conservative Jewish group put out a statement because I believe 7 or 8 black members of Congress have played footsies with Farrakhan in the past 5 to 10 years to get donations. I guess that's their right. The reality is that the public and at least 95% of the black community doesn't care about him and the folks playing footsies don't exactly have a powerful voice in Congress or black communities.

It's not about blacks hating Jewish people either. I would be willing to wager that the majority of blacks couldn't identify a Jewish person if you paid them. Older blacks LOVE the Clintons. Their votes had NOTHING to do with Thieving Bernie being Jewish. Hell most people probably didn't even know that he was Jewish because he never talked about his faith.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:46 am 

Nas wrote:
It's not about blacks hating Jewish people either.

Quote:
Thieving Bernie

:lol: you piece of shit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 am 

Bernie addressed his faith on numerous occasions, perhaps most notably when Judy Woodruff more or less asked him how he could stand in the way of a woman making history, to which he said that as a child of immigrants whose relatives died in the Holocaust, his victory would be historic in his own right. I thought it was a good answer to her shitty first-of-all-how-dare-you question. And for those who missed the PBS debate, DNC operatives were going to attack him in West Virginia by pointing out that he's an irreligious Jew, allegedly the worst of both worlds. He won the state handily.

But let's get back to Farrakhan. Fuck that guy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Bernie addressed his faith on numerous occasions, perhaps most notably when Judy Woodruff more or less asked him how he could stand in the way of a woman making history, to which he said that as a child of immigrants whose relatives died in the Holocaust, his victory would be historic in his own right. I thought it was a good answer to her shitty first-of-all-how-dare-you question. And for those who missed the PBS debate, DNC operatives were going to attack him in West Virginia by pointing out that he's an irreligious Jew, allegedly the worst of both worlds. He won the state handily.

But let's get back to Farrakhan. Fuck that guy.

I agree.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:55 am 

Quote:
MINISTER FARRAKHAN@LouisFarrakhan

If you do God’s work like Jesus did it, somebody is going to malign you. Somebody is going to speak evil of you. Somebody is going to plot on you. Somebody will always be busy doing something, but you’ve got to stay steady on the course.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

For the record one of the MANY reasons Hillary lost is because blacks stayed at home because they were loyal to Bernie. They were some of the most vocal Berniebros.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
For the record one of the MANY reasons Hillary lost is because blacks stayed at home because they were loyal to Bernie. They were some of the most vocal Berniebros.

Many Bernie supporters ( myself included) stayed home because the DNC and HRC rigged the democratic primary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I find that people who grew up in very heavily concentrated Jewish areas tend to overemphasize the impact of anti-Semitism on many things. It exists, but the vast majority of Americans couldn't even spot a Jewish person and likely don't even consciously think about it. There are literally no Jews in a lot of America.

I would be more apt to believe that Southern people in general didn't want Sanders because he was a "haughty" old, Northeastern white man with an accent that sounds elitist. Of course, I don't believe the characterization is true, but I think that is a more accurate description of the perception... at least much more than people simply not liking him because he's a Jew.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
There are literally no Jews in a lot of America.

That's at the heart of the anti-Semitism. "There are so few of them but the motherfuckers control EVERYTHING!" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't think Obama is "tied" to Farrakhan. That is a misnomer. Don't know about Ellison. Maybe he is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next