It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Benched a legend for one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen in my life. Disband the franchise.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Makes no sense. Start your draft pick and OK, I can buy that. Geno Smith?!? Just dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Benched a legend for one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen in my life. Disband the franchise.

Coach giving the finger to management the way our the door?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Go Raiders!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Agreed. John Mara is just sitting back letting Reese and McAdoo damage his franchise for what? Geno Smith? My allegiance to this team has been permanently damaged. I wish ill will on all involved in this terrible decision.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Eli got him the job and he repays him by embarrassing him. Stay classy

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 am 

Just an all time dumb decision by a franchise. Don't blame mofo at all for his thoughts. I would LOVE a stoneroses post on this. Good luck getting guys to want to play for your team now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 am 

The football gods need to do the right thing and reunite my man Eli with Coughlin in Jacksonville so they can with the Super Bowl next year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I agree on the why Geno Smith but Eli's numbers are pedestrian at best this year. No WRs healthy may have contributed?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Geno fucking Smith over Eli would be laughable if Eli were 50.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:18 am 

going back to this helmet design would be a 1st step back in the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
At least they still have Kate Mara to sing. She is damn hot!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
newper wrote:
Makes no sense. Start your draft pick and OK, I can buy that. Geno Smith?!? Just dumb.

Maybe this forces Eli to drop no trade chip.. Could be a brilliant move..Eli has sucked for 2 or 3 years now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 am 

312player wrote:
Maybe this forces Eli to drop no trade chip.. Could be a brilliant move..Eli has sucked for 2 or 3 years now.

2014 and 2015 were two of eli's very best statistical seasons. Last year was not as good but he was fine, up until the team crumbled around him this year. I will never claim he is an all-time great, but you cant look back on 2014-2016 and say "he has sucked". since 2014 (including this disastrous year) he has 105 TD's and 51 picks, lots of teams would take that kind of "suck".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Aunt Ginny feeling better about the Bears today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Aunt Ginny thinks the Bears are 8-1 and that Nixon is President.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 am 

312player wrote:
newper wrote:

It seems like your default response when you're not totally up on a subject is to say it sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
312player wrote:
newper wrote:

It seems like your default response when you're not totally up on a subject is to say it sucks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 am 

I enjoyed the Francesa rant on this. I dont really like that guy at all ever, but that was good.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/mike- ... uarterback

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
rogers park bryan wrote:
I enjoyed the Francesa rant on this. I dont really like that guy at all ever, but that was good.

That was pretty good...I wish North was still around to do the same with this city's sorry football team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That was pretty good...I wish North was still around to do the same with this city's sorry football team.

he's busy doing commercials for xmas lights :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
rogers park bryan wrote:

Francesa's definitely had some good material on his way out. His Dean Blandino rant from the other day also cracked me up: https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status ... 3270998016

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Anyone that beats the Pats twice in the Super Bowl deserves a permanent starting consideration.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:20 pm 

it wouldn't even be that distasteful if they decided to sit him to start Davis Webb. He is the guy who is supposed to be the "future" QB. If you really felt like you needed to see what you have, run that guy out there. If he isn't ready, then you stick with Eli until he is ready or until you draft a new guy next year. But to desperately hope a QB switch to Geno Smith can win you a couple games down the stretch to save your job is ignorant. Geno Smith should not be starting under any circumstance outside of injury to Eli Manning.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
it wouldn't even be that distasteful if they decided to sit him to start Davis Webb. He is the guy who is supposed to be the "future" QB. If you really felt like you needed to see what you have, run that guy out there. If he isn't ready, then you stick with Eli until he is ready or until you draft a new guy next year. But to desperately hope a QB switch to Geno Smith can win you a couple games down the stretch to save your job is ignorant. Geno Smith should not be starting under any circumstance outside of injury to Eli Manning.

IMO it still would be. We aren't talking about Young replacing Montana. Eli earned the right to finish a lost season. Go in another direction next off-season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:33 pm 

Nas wrote:

IMO it still would be. We aren't talking about Young replacing Montana. Eli earned the right to finish a lost season. Go in another direction next off-season.

you are correct, the bottom line I was getting to was that there is no situation where kicking the wheels on Geno makes any sense. and the fact that they are going to Geno tells me pretty much everything I need to know about what they think of the development of Davis Webb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:47 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Francesa's definitely had some good material on his way out. His Dean Blandino rant from the other day also cracked me up: https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status ... 3270998016

I wish he would just call MadDog when a big situation like that comes off.

Would have been great to add MD's hysteria to that rant yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 pm 

Nas wrote:

I disagree.

Anybody remember the circumstances surrounding Eli taking over for Kurt Warner?

When Eli was named starter...

"My play yesterday I don't think had anything to do with
that," Warner said of the change. "Read into that as much as you
want, but there is a bigger picture here. There's more things that
are trying to be accomplished here, and that's why the decision was
made."

4 weeks later...

"The young quarterback obviously struggled today," Coughlin said. "I gave him every opportunity to work his way through it. It was obvious at one point that it wasn't going to happen today so that's why we made the change. Kurt (Warner) played very well in his role at the end of the game. Eli is still the starting quarterback."

That Warner was able to come into the game and complete six-of-nine passes for 127 yards and a touchdown in two series, while all Manning was able to do for close to four full quarters is gain 27 yards had many Giants shaking their heads.

"Coach wants us to win a game, but he's not giving us the best quarterback to do so," one starter said.
"It seems like Eli needs to take a little break and we should let Kurt play," another vet added.
Manning believes that he doesn't need any time off.

"I don't think so," he said. "I watched the first nine games, and I learned best by getting out there. Even if I have another day like this, you're still getting live action. Even if you're learning the hard way, you're still learning out there."

It's obvious that young Manning has plenty to learn. He made many poor passes and bad decisions as he was picked off twice, narrowly averted disaster on a couple other occasions and lost a fumble.
"I don't think I can pin it down to one thing," he said. "I didn't play well, I missed some throws, I made some bad decisions."

Warner entered and immediately lit it up, hitting Ike Hilliard for a nine-yard gain, connecting with Amani Toomer on a 41-yard catch-and-run and finding Jeremy Shockey for 22 yards to set up Tiki Barber's one-yard TD run.
Yet, Coughlin is going to stick with Manning, and felt strongly enough about it that he told his players in the locker room immediately after the game.
"I think it's important for everyone to know that that's the way it is," he said. "I made a decision. It is my responsibility."

If he were anyone other than Kurt Warner you'd be surprised that the backup also supported the decision.

"I think it was the right move," Warner said. "The decision was made four weeks back to go with Eli. This guy is the quarterback of the future for the New York Giants, period, no question about that. You're going to have some of these kinds of games as you try and grow and learn in this league.

So, I think Eli would have loved to do the same for Webb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

I disagree.

Anybody remember the circumstances surrounding Eli taking over for Kurt Warner?

When Eli was named starter...

"My play yesterday I don't think had anything to do with
that," Warner said of the change. "Read into that as much as you
want, but there is a bigger picture here. There's more things that
are trying to be accomplished here, and that's why the decision was
made."

4 weeks later...

"The young quarterback obviously struggled today," Coughlin said. "I gave him every opportunity to work his way through it. It was obvious at one point that it wasn't going to happen today so that's why we made the change. Kurt (Warner) played very well in his role at the end of the game. Eli is still the starting quarterback."

That Warner was able to come into the game and complete six-of-nine passes for 127 yards and a touchdown in two series, while all Manning was able to do for close to four full quarters is gain 27 yards had many Giants shaking their heads.

"Coach wants us to win a game, but he's not giving us the best quarterback to do so," one starter said.
"It seems like Eli needs to take a little break and we should let Kurt play," another vet added.
Manning believes that he doesn't need any time off.

"I don't think so," he said. "I watched the first nine games, and I learned best by getting out there. Even if I have another day like this, you're still getting live action. Even if you're learning the hard way, you're still learning out there."

It's obvious that young Manning has plenty to learn. He made many poor passes and bad decisions as he was picked off twice, narrowly averted disaster on a couple other occasions and lost a fumble.
"I don't think I can pin it down to one thing," he said. "I didn't play well, I missed some throws, I made some bad decisions."

Warner entered and immediately lit it up, hitting Ike Hilliard for a nine-yard gain, connecting with Amani Toomer on a 41-yard catch-and-run and finding Jeremy Shockey for 22 yards to set up Tiki Barber's one-yard TD run.
Yet, Coughlin is going to stick with Manning, and felt strongly enough about it that he told his players in the locker room immediately after the game.
"I think it's important for everyone to know that that's the way it is," he said. "I made a decision. It is my responsibility."

If he were anyone other than Kurt Warner you'd be surprised that the backup also supported the decision.

"I think it was the right move," Warner said. "The decision was made four weeks back to go with Eli. This guy is the quarterback of the future for the New York Giants, period, no question about that. You're going to have some of these kinds of games as you try and grow and learn in this league.

So, I think Eli would have loved to do the same for Webb.

It's not the same. Warner wasn't a Giant his entire career and didn’t win 2 SB's against the greatest QB and coach ever. Besides Eli was a #1 pick too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm 

It's not exactly the same, but it would absolutely make sense to see what you have in the draft pick.

Eli would be a punk to even want "we owe you this much" starts.