It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's not exactly the same, but it would absolutely make sense to see what you have in the draft pick.

Eli would be a punk to even want "we owe you this much" starts.

They're looking at Geno Smith because the pick isn't read. Eli shouldn't have to ask for it or be insulted with an offer to play the first quarter. The organization and coach at the very least owe he that much.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's not exactly the same, but it would absolutely make sense to see what you have in the draft pick.

Eli would be a punk to even want "we owe you this much" starts.

They're looking at Geno Smith because the pick isn't read. Eli shouldn't have to ask for it or be insulted with an offer to play the first quarter. The organization and coach at the very least owe he that much.

To say, we're out of playoff contention so we're going to work in the rookie in the second half would be fine.

The issue is that it's Smith, not Webb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
rogers park bryan wrote:
312player wrote:
newper wrote:
Makes no sense. Start your draft pick and OK, I can buy that. Geno Smith?!? Just dumb.

Maybe this forces Eli to drop no trade chip.. Could be a brilliant move..Eli has sucked for 2 or 3 years now.

It seems like your default response when you're not totally up on a subject is to say it sucks.

I said 2 or 3 years.. He's sucked for 2 years(16-17) I've never been too impressed by Eli or Peyton. I heard AM1K guys talking about him going to Jacksonville with Coughlin now.. It would be pretty similar to those NYG teams that beat New England..all Defense with a good ground game.. Eli as a game manager.. You can win with him but he's no hall of famer like many have suggested on the radio the last 2 days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:40 pm 

W_Z wrote:
going back to this helmet design would be a 1st step back in the right direction.

Best post in this thread. One of many teams that need to go back to that time period

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Eli a legend :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Best post in this thread. One of many teams that need to go back to that time period

Actually, the best Giants uniforms were from around when they lost that Super Bowl to the Ravens. They went back to the ny logo, but hadn't yet gotten into that weird tic of not wearing any blue on the road:

I think that was also the brief time period that Giants Stadium had natural grass, so they had that going for them, too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:24 pm 

As usual, you are wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 pm 

No I'm not. The Giants had the name of their city on their helmets for many more years than they had their name. It's just that those years were the ones with LT and Parcells. If the '85 Bears had decided to put the bear head on the helmet for some reason, the wishbone C would still look better on the helmets.

Also, the Giants and Bills had like the same uniform in the '80s and '90s, just that the Giants' helmets were blue and the Bills' were red.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 pm 

Just because something was on their helmets for more years does not make it better.

Z, me and LT agree. You are wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Actually, the best Giants uniforms were from around when they lost that Super Bowl to the Ravens. They went back to the ny logo, but hadn't yet gotten into that weird tic of not wearing any blue on the road:

I think that was also the brief time period that Giants Stadium had natural grass, so they had that going for them, too.

Those helmets are outstanding. I think they are much better than the one they had from 76-99.

That was a good uniform combination, too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 pm 

Yeah, I'm still not crazy about the red numbers on the road, still too much red for a team whose nickname is Big Blue. I'd make at least the front and back numbers blue and maybe leave the shoulder/sleeve numbers red but what do I know.

I miss the Bears' all-white uniforms. I don't think they've worn them since '08.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 pm 

The Bears all white uniforms are hideous

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
The Bears all white uniforms are hideous

+1000

God, I hate those. They always remind me of bad late-'70s/early-'80s Thanksgiving games (save for the Dave Williams game).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 pm 

Nope, they're great. The all-blue uniforms are hideous, as are the throwbacks with illegible orange numbers, as were those orange alternates that made them look like the Broncos. I think the Vasher game was ruined by the orange uniforms.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
all-any color uniforms are awful, and all-white are the worst of the bunch. They look like glorified practice jerseys. Just terrible, especially for a NFL team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm 

This is a perfect football uniform matchup right here. The Raiders in particular are timeless. Part of me hopes they continue never to change a thing in Las Vegas, but another part of me hopes they burn it all down and look like a stupid college team because they're in Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:17 pm 

The all white ones looked good on trimmer guys but were not a friend of those who are more...generous of carriage.

Are the Ravens ever going to get new uniforms? Theirs, and their logo, are awful.

Loved the Oilers' uniforms!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 pm 

Yeah, of the three new '90s teams, the Panthers aged gracefully, the Jaguars tried to keep up with trends but look ridiculous (wtf those helmets?!?), and the Ravens still look stuck in 1997. It's those cartoony type-ish numbers that the Diamondbacks, Wizards, Capitals, Warriors, Thrashers, and Atlanta Hawks all had.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:19 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FavreFan wrote:
all-any color uniforms are awful

Nope. Bad take.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:49 am 

I kinda like the Ravens in all black. It's better than purple and white. The idea that wearing head-to-toe black makes a football team look extra-badass seems kind of trashy and dopey, but that's what the Ravens have always been. I think Trashy and Dopey do afternoon drive on their flagship.

The Cardinals look stupid in all red because the helmets are white. They should have stuck to looking like an old-timey football team:

Though like I was saying with the Raiders, they're in Phoenix now, so maybe they should wear tacky modern uniforms to reflect their tacky modern city.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Though like I was saying with the Raiders, they're in Phoenix now, so maybe they should wear tacky modern uniforms to reflect their tacky modern city.

Give it 10 years after all the old white people die and AZ will be a blue state, recreational marijuana will be legal, and young locals as well as many of those from the Midwest and California who attend ASU and UofA will stick around and stay in AZ -- not only because of job growth but our state isn't bankrupt, our property taxes are nothing, and the dry Arizona sun is out 300 days a year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 am 

even though it makes no sense, i kind of like when the cardinals and the 49ers wear all black. but not a big fan when the saints do it. the black/gold off-setting each other just looks awesome. and they rarely wear it in the dome anymore, which is a shame.

i've never liked the "NY" logo on the Giants' helmets. The "Giants" printed sharp and matter-of-fact spoke of the team's attitude. and i guess LT just made it legit.

your first year of going back to the "NY" logo had clunky Kerry Collins...that's not a good intro. And it hasn't really gotten much better.

i think it all depends on what you grew up with though. i miss the chargers' darker uniforms, and the Bills' old helmets. on the flipside, i don't miss the shit green Eagles uni's at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 am 

W_Z wrote:
your first year of going back to the "NY" logo had clunky Kerry Collins...that's not a good intro. And it hasn't really gotten much better.

They prevented the 2007 Patriots from being the undisputed best team of all time. That's not shabby.

The Saints would look worlds better if they could decide on one shade of gold. They seem to have champagne, brass, and beige all in the mix. But it's probably one of those quirks that everyone is too superstitious or stubborn to fix, like how the Cowboys can't pin their blues and silvers down.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:55 am 

W_Z wrote:
i think it all depends on what you grew up with though. i miss the chargers' darker uniforms, and the Bills' old helmets. on the flipside, i don't miss the shit green Eagles uni's at all.

That's very true. Whichever ones a team wore when you were a kid are most likely the ones you consider to be "classic."

I think the Bills current uniforms are outstanding, and I prefer the old Eagles green. I wasn't crazy about the Buccaneers old Creamsicle uniforms, but I think they're nicer than the ones they have now. The logo on the helmet is way too big and the numbers make them look like an Arena team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 am 

Every uniform in sports was perfect in 1984

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
312player wrote:
It would be pretty similar to those NYG teams that beat New England..all Defense with a good ground game.. Eli as a game manager..

yeah, Eli the game manager threw for nearly 5,000 yards with 29 touchdowns in 2011 and was 4th in the league in yards per attempt. Again, I don't claim he is an all-time great but this "game manager" fairy tale is nonsense. Eli has never been afraid to throw the ball downfield no matter what cast of receivers he has had.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I love the Bears white on white uniforms once or twice a year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

The Saints would look worlds better if they could decide on one shade of gold. They seem to have champagne, brass, and beige all in the mix. But it's probably one of those quirks that everyone is too superstitious or stubborn to fix, like how the Cowboys can't pin their blues and silvers down.

i agree with that, especially in jersey-owning. my favorite jersey colors are the ricky williams jersey i have. that's really a sad state of affairs.

oh, also, denver: great that you brought back the orange jerseys. but are you that blind that it only goes well with soft blue?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
FavreFan wrote:
all-any color uniforms are awful, and all-white are the worst of the bunch. They look like glorified practice jerseys. Just terrible, especially for a NFL team.

Majority of the color-rush uniforms are horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
I kinda like the Ravens in all black. It's better than purple and white. The idea that wearing head-to-toe black makes a football team look extra-badass seems kind of trashy and dopey, but that's what the Ravens have always been. I think Trashy and Dopey do afternoon drive on their flagship.

The Cardinals look stupid in all red because the helmets are white. They should have stuck to looking like an old-timey football team:

The other team in that picture currently has the worst uniforms in football.