All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SAN FRANCISCO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Are you fucking kidding me??!?!

Post subject: Re: SAN FRANCISCO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
If you're planning on going, be sure to wear a flower in your hair.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Fun fact, but San Francisco's homeless problem and extreme CoL is 100% the result of ultra-strict zoning restrictions and hyper-active NIMBY's. It's damn near impossible to construct a new residential building there. Hooray for government red tape!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:53 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Fun fact, but San Francisco's homeless problem and extreme CoL is 100% the result of ultra-strict zoning restrictions and hyper-active NIMBY's. It's damn near impossible to construct a new residential building there. Hooray for government red tape!

It doesn't help that the tech companies sell San Francisco as sort of an adult theme park to workers who won't deign to live in San Jose, but will make the commute. That's pushing a lot of people out. I get the argument that the city does need zoning restrictions to retain its character, but it would be nice if they actually worked, because now it's just Brooklyn West.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

My buddy lives in San Diego and the homeless issue is so bad that there was a hep A outbreak among them because of all the human feces. He said walking to his office from the parking garage is like a minefield of bum shit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It doesn't help that the tech companies sell San Francisco as sort of an adult theme park to workers who won't deign to live in San Jose, but will make the commute. That's pushing a lot of people out. I get the argument that the city does need zoning restrictions to retain its character, but it would be nice if they actually worked, because now it's just Brooklyn West.

instead of maintaining its character, they have ensured no new development can occur. That coupled with the fact the city is a peninsula has put it in a situation where it has no room to grow other than up.

The city's leadership needs to join the 21st century and allow for new development. The city knows they need to add x number of residential units per year to keep up with growth, yet they continue to drag their feet.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
San Diego is all dudes named Jesse with tribal armband tattoos who are "definitely doing something in integrated marketing"