It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/07/mesa-police-involved-shooting-bodycam-philip-brailsford-not-guilty-daniel-shaver/

How is this guy found not guilty? Watched the whole video and the cop was basically a massive pussy who was just looking for a reason to shoot the guy. Could've ended the situation at any time by walking up to suspect and cuffing him, but instead stood 15 feet away and pointed a gun at him for 4 minutes while screaming detailed instructions of how he was supposed to act while at the same time threatening to shoot him if he did anything wrong. And the guy was probably drunk.

So it was the equivalent of pumping a guy full of bullets for failing a field sobriety test.

Cop had "YOU'RE FUCKED" written on the side of his gun, but that wasn't allowed in court because it was too prejudicial. Sounds like BS to me cause I don't find that too prejudicial, seems to me like an accurate representation of the mindset this cop had.

Ogie where you at on this one?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The video is fucking distrubing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... YRRSdjdcbo

Someone needs to take justice into their own hands and kill this cop. Put me on the jury for that one, I'll assure an acquittal or hung jury.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I completely understand why Micah Xavier Johnson did what he did in Dallas 2 summers ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I completely understand why Micah Xavier Johnson did what he did in Dallas 2 summers ago.

Wait what?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:51 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Wait what?

Cops in this country are a paramilitary force and above the law. They shouldn't be surprised when citizens who have had enough with regular abuses of our rights and civil liberties act out in the only way they can.

If Cops start respecting our rights and operate as something other than an armed tax collector, I'll change my tune.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
That was an execution.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
He did reach for his waist twice in the video, the first time obviously to pull up his pants, the second attempt to pull up his pants got him killed. Police should not be trained to shoot without seeing a weapon, it's that simple.

Repeal qualified immunity for police officers.

Legislate criminal misconduct specifically by police officers, and tie that legislation to the Reasonable Person standard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Wait what?

Cops in this country are a paramilitary force and above the law. They shouldn't be surprised when citizens who have had enough with regular abuses of our rights and civil liberties act out in the only way they can.

If Cops start respecting our rights and operate as something other than an armed tax collector, I'll change my tune.

If you feel that strong then go out and kill this little 5'6" 26 year old COD playing twerp.

What does shooting officers attending a public rally accomplish?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm 

There are some verified police officers here saying some really, really scary shit about how justified the shoot was:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServ ... f/#dqyfgvp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The shooting may have been justified only because the Officer allowed it to get to that point. shakes is correct. The officer should have made an attempt to cuff the guy as he was laying down, with his hands in plain sight while clearly not moving at all. The officer could have warned him that if he made one wrong move while he was trying to cuff him that he would be shot. Odds are he gets cuffed, frisked, and is still alive today.

The worst part of the entire event is that the office allowed this sort of bullshit go on for four minutes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
There are some verified police officers here saying some really, really scary shit about how justified the shoot was:

Sadly that's the attitude of MANY police officers.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:46 pm 

I'd also like to know more about what the prosecution was arguing to defuse the cop's "reasonable officer" defense (that's why all the pig-loving takes on this are referencing "training"), and how that ties into the inscription on the dude's rifle.

If I want to preempt a "training" or "reasonable officer" defense, especially knowing about the inscription, I want to paint the guy as a shoot-loving psycho who was just itching to plug someone on the job—how many times a week did he go to the range, did he volunteer for SWAT, internet posting history, video game preferences, all that shit—and then you bet your ass the inscription becomes a big part of my case, down to where he went to go get it, how he got it engraved, how he chose THAT inscription, it's placement, etc., and to deny it's introduction as evidence, or even it's mention during trial, should give me an issue for appeal.

If the guy's temperament wasn't even brought up at trial, then this prosecutor had no business trying to prosecute a cop* and I can very much see how the guy was found not guilty. The Walter Scott video is, prima facie, indicative of some level of murder, this however, doesn't quite get there.

*Maybe a law requiring independent prosecutors be brought in to prosecute charges against cops?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

When the Cops in JLN's link are defending this, then does it not show why we might need another Dallas? Clearly cops think they have a license to kill. This is why I welcome it when people push back against the fascist paramilitary force who claims to "serve and protect." We overthrew the British Empire over lesser abuses of rights.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

When the Cops in JLN's link are defending this, then does it not show why we might need another Dallas? Clearly cops think they have a license to kill. This is why I welcome it when people push back against the fascist paramilitary force who claims to "serve and protect." We overthrew the British Empire over lesser abuses of rights.

You are a fucking clown.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Two things:

1) That video is disturbing as hell.

2) Ogie, what the fuck are you talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:17 pm 

Ogie have you looked into becoming a sovereign citizen?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
That was the worst game of simon says I have ever seen. Really troubling when you hear his voice crack at the end as you know the cop is going to find a way to shot him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

TurdFerguson wrote:
That was the worst game of simon says I have ever seen. Really troubling when you hear his voice crack at the end as you know the cop is going to find a way to shot him.

100% of us would have died in that situation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:32 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

100% of us would have died in that situation.

Unbelievable that there was a second cop there too. Might as well have just laid down arms outstretched and wait for him to put one in your head.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Two things:

1) That video is disturbing as hell.

2) Ogie, what the fuck are you talking about?

well cops in this country kill an average of 1,000 citizens a year, far more than even Islamic terrorism does in the US. The cops who murder these citizens are rarely prosecuted and most of the prosecuted are acquitted like this cocksucker.

Between this, no knock searches, the sham that is the war on drugs, asset forfeiture, etc. is it any wonder that some of us are pissed off and welcome the deaths of cops? Especially since the so-called "justice" system does nothing to solve the issue and actually aids the cops

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:41 pm 

*Maybe a law requiring independent prosecutors be brought in to prosecute charges against cops?

This would be a great start. Cops are working with prosecutors every single day, so it's no surprise that prosectors don't really give the "full court press" when these things go to trial. At the very least, these trials should have a change of venue and be moved to a location where the cop or chief can't call in any favors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think being pissed off and frustrated is a lot different than encouraging the mass murder of cops. What does that solve or how does that help?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:43 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think being pissed off and frustrated is a lot different than encouraging the mass murder of cops. What does that solve or how does that help?

I'm not encouraging it so much as I'm saying I understand when someone does snap and carry out such acts as it is not without justification.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

This would be a great start. Cops are working with prosecutors every single day, so it's no surprise that prosectors don't really give the "full court press" when these things go to trial. At the very least, these trials should have a change of venue and be moved to a location where the cop or chief can't call in any favors.

Almost all the time, cases like this with the police are brought before a grand jury, not at the whim of the states attorney. In cases where States Attorney have made the call, it has backfired because they OVERCHARGE to make a name (Mosby). Probably gonna happen here in 2018 with the ridiculous 1st degree charges against Van Dyke (another overcharge by the State).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I'm not encouraging it so much as I'm saying I understand when someone does snap and carry out such acts as it is not without justification.

It's also important to understand that police officers have to deal with this shit every single day and are trained to protect themselves and others around them.

That stated, I do not disagree that situations arise where officers behave in ways outside how they've been trained.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm 

Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Almost all the time, cases like this with the police are brought before a grand jury, not at the whim of the states attorney. In cases where States Attorney have made the call, it has backfired because they OVERCHARGE to make a name (Mosby). Probably gonna happen here in 2018 with the ridiculous 1st degree charges against Van Dyke (another overcharge by the State).

Never thought they overcharged someone to to make a name as a prosecutor, its done to give the cop an out to get a not guilty verdict.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:58 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Never thought they overcharged someone to to make a name as a prosecutor, its done to give the cop an out to get a not guilty verdict.

Bingo, the prosecutors are "throwing" the trial so that they can ensure the cop doesn't get convicted and they still have allies in the dept.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:00 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Really? Read about Mosby in Baltimore. Then check out Foxx in Chicago. Notice most of these cops who are not charged usually come from Grand Juries, made up of people from that community. The one's who do get charged and go to trial are usually brought by the State's Attorney, not a grand jury.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Bingo, the prosecutors are "throwing" the trial so that they can ensure the cop doesn't get convicted and they still have allies in the dept.

So you believe Mosby was attempting to help the Baltimore police and Kim Foxx is throwing a bone to Van Dyke?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:10 pm 

Pal wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

So you believe Mosby was attempting to help the Baltimore police and Kim Foxx is throwing a bone to Van Dyke?

There are always exceptions, but the majority of the time I believe a cop is over charged so that it can be left in the hand of the jury. Kind of like how republican's have pivoted on Moore, He is a creep that tries to date 15 year old girls, but its in the hands of the voters of Alabama to elect him to the senate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:14 pm 

Pal wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Pal wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Her case no, but the majority of these cases you will find the prosecutor overcharges and throws the case so they can say they tried and maintain a strong relationship with the fascist paramilitary force they depend upon in most cases.