It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 2171
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Arguing against GMO's is as foolish as arguing against Global Warming or vaccines as both are backed by science and have the same general consensus amongst the scientists in the given fields.


To be clear, I'm not arguing against them as much as I'm asserting my distrust of the companies that claim they're completely safe.

I don't think it's companies you distrust. It's the scientific community.

As Ogie said, it's no different than denying global warming.

Mitch Daniels is a scientist?

Did anyone say he was?

The scientific concesus is that GMO's are not harmful. Do you disagree with that? If so, I would advise searching Google as it will probably save us both time here. Not trying to be condescending or a dick but as the author said, the science is emphatic.






Pullin' a DiCaro!! smh

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
And then he'll say, "this is a literature class, but that guy...is history."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14956
Location: "Across 110th Street"
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Arguing against GMO's is as foolish as arguing against Global Warming or vaccines as both are backed by science and have the same general consensus amongst the scientists in the given fields.


To be clear, I'm not arguing against them as much as I'm asserting my distrust of the companies that claim they're completely safe.

I don't think it's companies you distrust. It's the scientific community.

As Ogie said, it's no different than denying global warming.

Mitch Daniels is a scientist?

Did anyone say he was?

The scientific concesus is that GMO's are not harmful. Do you disagree with that? If so, I would advise searching Google as it will probably save us both time here. Not trying to be condescending or a dick but as the author said, the science is emphatic.


The author has less credibility than anyone posting in this thread

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't quite understand this response.

To the first part... of course I admitted I don't know much about GMOs. Nobody in this thread does. We all just read what experts in the field have to say and make our own determinations. I'm good with trusting the scientific community though. You're gonna need a better response if you aren't.

To the second part.. Not sure how to respond to that. The author made his thesis crystal clear.


1) Well, I know a little about it.

2) I'm saying the author is full of shit. He doesn't give a shit about people in Africa. It's a childish argument he's using. I know he doesn't give a shit because I know what the guy has voted for. Bad faith. He does not come across as very trustworthy or as expert.

1.) You have yet to display that knowledge in anything resembling a counter argument to the article. Ogie and I have been waiting and requesting a counterargument.

2.) The message is invalid because I don't like the messenger. Got it.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15717
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I'm not talking about cross pollinating, nobody is concerned about outcrossing ..it's the insecticides being sewn in( that's Monsanto) and they were the first.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm
Posts: 5097
pizza_Place: Pequods
Because we all know that we can't trust the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine :roll:

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/ ... ebate-over

You know, they also are strongly in favor of moving off of fossil fuels, but I guess the checks from Exxon haven't cleared, despite their revenue being 10x Monsanto's. :roll:

_________________
“When I walked in this morning, and saw the flag was at half mast, I thought 'alright another bureaucrat ate it.'" - Ron Swanson


Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 pm
Posts: 2339
Location: A large oak tree.
pizza_Place: Nowhere
Don’t confuse non gmo with organic. There are plenty of conventional crops grown that are non gmo that are non organic as well. And most grow well within yield trials when it comes to grains. For that matter, mistvorganic farnets I know yield very well. If you want to help stRving people in Africa and India I’m not so sure GMO or even the Soy/corn nutrition complex is the right answer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Because we all know that we can't trust the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine :roll:

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/ ... ebate-over

You know, they also are strongly in favor of moving off of fossil fuels, but I guess the checks from Exxon haven't cleared, despite their revenue being 10x Monsanto's. :roll:

Yup. Like I said at the very beginning, if you’re conflating Monsanto and GMOs, you’re gonna have a bad time.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Don’t confuse non gmo with organic. There are plenty of conventional crops grown that are non gmo that are non organic as well. And most grow well within yield trials when it comes to grains. For that matter, mistvorganic farnets I know yield very well. If you want to help stRving people in Africa and India I’m not so sure GMO or even the Soy/corn nutrition complex is the right answer.

If we are talking about growing crops in India and Africa, I don’t think any solution other than GMOs is tenable.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 2171
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't quite understand this response.

To the first part... of course I admitted I don't know much about GMOs. Nobody in this thread does. We all just read what experts in the field have to say and make our own determinations. I'm good with trusting the scientific community though. You're gonna need a better response if you aren't.

To the second part.. Not sure how to respond to that. The author made his thesis crystal clear.


1) Well, I know a little about it.

2) I'm saying the author is full of shit. He doesn't give a shit about people in Africa. It's a childish argument he's using. I know he doesn't give a shit because I know what the guy has voted for. Bad faith. He does not come across as very trustworthy or as expert.

1.) You have yet to display that knowledge in anything resembling a counter argument to the article. Ogie and I have been waiting and requesting a counterargument.

2.) The message is invalid because I don't like the messenger. Got it.

We'll have to disagree about 1), but 2) is something that has been established in the West since classical Greece. I'm not saying I don't like the messenger, either. I'm saying he has no credibility.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
And then he'll say, "this is a literature class, but that guy...is history."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't quite understand this response.

To the first part... of course I admitted I don't know much about GMOs. Nobody in this thread does. We all just read what experts in the field have to say and make our own determinations. I'm good with trusting the scientific community though. You're gonna need a better response if you aren't.

To the second part.. Not sure how to respond to that. The author made his thesis crystal clear.


1) Well, I know a little about it.

2) I'm saying the author is full of shit. He doesn't give a shit about people in Africa. It's a childish argument he's using. I know he doesn't give a shit because I know what the guy has voted for. Bad faith. He does not come across as very trustworthy or as expert.

1.) You have yet to display that knowledge in anything resembling a counter argument to the article. Ogie and I have been waiting and requesting a counterargument.

2.) The message is invalid because I don't like the messenger. Got it.

We'll have to disagree about 1), but 2) is something that has been established in the West since classical Greece. I'm not saying I don't like the messenger, either. I'm saying he has no credibility.

I just read the article. I wouldn’t know Mitch Daniels from Mitch Trubisky if they both passed me on the street. If you take issue with Daniels then just go with the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine source Ogie linked to. Or another one of the countless sources from academica that support GMOs.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14956
Location: "Across 110th Street"
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't quite understand this response.

To the first part... of course I admitted I don't know much about GMOs. Nobody in this thread does. We all just read what experts in the field have to say and make our own determinations. I'm good with trusting the scientific community though. You're gonna need a better response if you aren't.

To the second part.. Not sure how to respond to that. The author made his thesis crystal clear.


1) Well, I know a little about it.

2) I'm saying the author is full of shit. He doesn't give a shit about people in Africa. It's a childish argument he's using. I know he doesn't give a shit because I know what the guy has voted for. Bad faith. He does not come across as very trustworthy or as expert.

1.) You have yet to display that knowledge in anything resembling a counter argument to the article. Ogie and I have been waiting and requesting a counterargument.

2.) The message is invalid because I don't like the messenger. Got it.

We'll have to disagree about 1), but 2) is something that has been established in the West since classical Greece. I'm not saying I don't like the messenger, either. I'm saying he has no credibility.

I just read the article. I wouldn’t know Mitch Daniels from Mitch Trubisky if they both passed me on the street. If you take issue with Daniels then just go with the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine source Ogie linked to. Or another one of the countless sources from academica that support GMOs.


So why start the thread with that hack's piece?

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't quite understand this response.

To the first part... of course I admitted I don't know much about GMOs. Nobody in this thread does. We all just read what experts in the field have to say and make our own determinations. I'm good with trusting the scientific community though. You're gonna need a better response if you aren't.

To the second part.. Not sure how to respond to that. The author made his thesis crystal clear.


1) Well, I know a little about it.

2) I'm saying the author is full of shit. He doesn't give a shit about people in Africa. It's a childish argument he's using. I know he doesn't give a shit because I know what the guy has voted for. Bad faith. He does not come across as very trustworthy or as expert.

1.) You have yet to display that knowledge in anything resembling a counter argument to the article. Ogie and I have been waiting and requesting a counterargument.

2.) The message is invalid because I don't like the messenger. Got it.

We'll have to disagree about 1), but 2) is something that has been established in the West since classical Greece. I'm not saying I don't like the messenger, either. I'm saying he has no credibility.

I just read the article. I wouldn’t know Mitch Daniels from Mitch Trubisky if they both passed me on the street. If you take issue with Daniels then just go with the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine source Ogie linked to. Or another one of the countless sources from academica that support GMOs.


So why start the thread with that hack's piece?

Because I've read about the issue for years and knew the author was telling the truth about the scientific community backing him. Not much else to worry about.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 2171
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
And then he'll say, "this is a literature class, but that guy...is history."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Here's a link from one of the most liberal websites on the internet confirming what Ogie and I are saying:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-enti ... 72130.html

Quote:
In sharp contrast to public views about GMOs, 89% of scientists believe genetically modified foods are safe.

That’s the most eye-opening finding in a Pew Research Center study on science literacy, undertaken in cooperation with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and released on January 29.

The overwhelming scientific consensus exceeds the percentage of scientists, 88%, who think humans are mostly responsible for climate change.


Here's another one from a university.

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/ ... ebate-over
Quote:
The GMO debate is over — again. Last week, the prestigious National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine issued what is probably the most far-reaching report ever produced by the scientific community on genetically engineered food and crops. The conclusion was unambiguous: Having examined hundreds of scientific papers written on the subject, sat through hours of live testimony from activists and considered hundreds more comments from the general public, the scientists wrote that they "found no substantiated evidence that foods from GE crops were less safe than foods from non-GE crops."


At some point, people will need to stop attacking the messengers and address the message.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I have no issues with people remaining skeptical despite some of these credentialed links. I get it, and appreciate skepticism more than most I would imagine. But it's as clear as day that you can't claim the left is the "party of science" because of climate change and then proceed to disagree with the assertion that GMOs are safe. Those two opinions don't compute.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 2639
pizza_Place: AL'S in Warrenville
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.

_________________
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Have a terrible night and die in MANY fires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14956
Location: "Across 110th Street"
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.


Aside from their food looking and tasting different/better, I don't either.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.

Any responsible parent is also going to warn their kid against Mole People.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.


Aside from their food looking and tasting different/better, I don't either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's cold outside today. Global warming doesn't exist".


You just said that my man.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14956
Location: "Across 110th Street"
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.


I don't think that anyone here has come out against gmos per se, just still with a healthy skepticism of their biggest and most zealous corporate proponents.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14956
Location: "Across 110th Street"
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.


Aside from their food looking and tasting different/better, I don't either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's cold outside today. Global warming doesn't exist".


You just said that my man.


If that's what I said, Monsanto has your hearing aids.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.


I don't think that anyone here has come out against gmos per se, just still with a healthy skepticism of their biggest and most zealous corporate proponents.

Can't claim a "healthy" skepticism when the skepticism has amounted to "Who's bribing the scientists?" and "I've been to Europe once. Food tastes better there. GMOs = bad"

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45817
Location: Darkside Estates
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.


Aside from their food looking and tasting different/better, I don't either.

That's stupid.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.


Aside from their food looking and tasting different/better, I don't either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's cold outside today. Global warming doesn't exist".


You just said that my man.


If that's what I said, Monsanto has your hearing aids.


I denounced Monsanto almost immediately after creating this thread. You need to come up with a better rebuttal to be taken seriously on this particular issue. This thread is already 3.5 pages long and nobody has offered one rebuttal yet.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 2171
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.


I don't think that anyone here has come out against gmos per se, just still with a healthy skepticism of their biggest and most zealous corporate proponents.

Can't claim a "healthy" skepticism when the skepticism has amounted to "Who's bribing the scientists?" and "I've been to Europe once. Food tastes better there. GMOs = bad"

I never realized how bad FF is at summarizing his opponent's arguments.

He has, at long last, lost his cool.

Ima pray for ya.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
And then he'll say, "this is a literature class, but that guy...is history."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15717
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.



They have enviromental and health concerns, also the rampant scientific fraud concerns. How many Monsanto employees have moved into government positions or vice versa in this country? Those are the loudest and most aggressive gmo proponents.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45817
Location: Darkside Estates
tommy wrote:
Europeans seem really against GMOs. I'm not really sure what their arguments are.

They're also largely against dental care.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15717
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I betcha FF would have been telling me agent orange was harmless 50 years ago.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
tommy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
If your against GMO then you might as well not vaccinate your kids and start teaching them the Earth is flat.


I don't think that anyone here has come out against gmos per se, just still with a healthy skepticism of their biggest and most zealous corporate proponents.

Can't claim a "healthy" skepticism when the skepticism has amounted to "Who's bribing the scientists?" and "I've been to Europe once. Food tastes better there. GMOs = bad"

I never realized how bad FF is at summarizing his opponent's arguments.

He has, at long last, lost his cool.

Ima pray for ya.

Losing my cool? That implies a loss of composure/getting agitated. I’m in a great mood. I was restating two of the objections to this thread. That’s all.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GMO Opponents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
I betcha FF would have been telling me agent orange was harmless 50 years ago.

Unlikely. I’m sorry you deny scientific consensus.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group