It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Sager's second wife doesn't come off too well, but the will was drawn up while he was still alive, so I can't just DB her.

There have to be aspects to this that we'll never know, but for the kids from his first marriage to not get anything seems crazy to me on the surface. Craig Jr. donated bone marrow for Christ sake! That's gotta get you something, even if his intentions were purely to help. How about a little something for the effort, Dad, ya ungrateful prick?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/craig-sager-will-ugly-family-drama/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This seems like all the broad's (2nd wife) doing. Who knows if Craig was in his right mind when he signed this. She probably coaxed him into it. Wasn't she a former "LovABull" and like 20-30 years younger? Didn't want any of those fucking kids messing up her payday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 pm 

The second wife was married to him fifteen years and had two kids with her who probably need the money more than his adult sons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
how much money was left after his death to fight about?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The second wife was married to him fifteen years and had two kids with her who probably need the money more than his adult sons.

Yeah but according to Sager Jr in the article, they aren’t contesting it at all but then why is step mom setting the sheriff after them?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah but according to Sager Jr in the article, they aren’t contesting it at all but then why is step mom setting the sheriff after them?

Yeah. That's bizarre. Maybe they have to sign something officially?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

She's a hoe!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

She's a hoe!

He dressed like a pimp, so I guess that's not surprising.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Was he buried in a 5000$ suit at his best man's funeral?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 pm 

Sagers daughter pretty much dished the whole thing on Twitter. Stepmom seems like a real piece of work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Sounds like she deserves a swatting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Just remember under Illinois law a spouse cannot be disinherited from a will. Unfortunately, spouses often come before children in wills unless there was a trust established prior to the relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Just remember under Illinois law a spouse cannot be disinherited from a will. Unfortunately, spouses often come before children in wills unless there was a trust established prior to the relationship.

Shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Sager's second wife doesn't come off too well, but the will was drawn up while he was still alive, so I can't just DB her.

There have to be aspects to this that we'll never know, but for the kids from his first marriage to not get anything seems crazy to me on the surface. Craig Jr. donated bone marrow for Christ sake! That's gotta get you something, even if his intentions were purely to help. How about a little something for the effort, Dad, ya ungrateful prick?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/craig-sager-will-ugly-family-drama/

This is extremely common.

The 2nd, or latest, wife usually either puts an immense amount of pressure on her husband to write the older kids out of the will, or she downright changes, back-dates, etc. things on her own when the spouse is incapacitated.

Proving any of this is damn near impossible, so they almost always get away with it. Some evil shit.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 am 

Evil stepmothers weren't a creation of fairytale writers. They are sufficiently prevalent that the fairytale authors were writing historical ficiton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Sager didn't live in Illinois you waste of life fuckhead.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Evil stepmothers weren't a creation of fairytale writers. They are sufficiently prevalent that the fairytale authors were writing historical ficiton
This is why I think it is important to point out again that the second wife has two under 18 children with him while the first wife/family are all adults. It's not unreasonable to rewrite your will so the young kids can be financially set at the expense of the adult children and first wife.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
This is why I think it is important to point out again that the second wife has two under 18 children with him while the first wife/family are all adults. It's not unreasonable to rewrite your will so the young kids can be financially set at the expense of the adult children and first wife.

Pretty harsh though . I don’t know how much of an estate there was ( the daughter did say second wife has the kids in a 30k a year private school) but personally I couldn’t imagine cutting 3 children of mine out of an inheritance because my second wife wants more for the children I had with her .

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The government should have taken all his money leftover so they didn't get an unfair advantage.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
The government should have taken all his money leftover so they didn't get an unfair advantage.

Yep.

If we as Americans value hard work over all, then we should want everyone to start at the same spot.

Then the cream truly rises to the top.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Pretty harsh though . I don’t know how much of an estate there was ( the daughter did say second wife has the kids in a 30k a year private school) but personally I couldn’t imagine cutting 3 children of mine out of an inheritance because my second wife wants more for the children I had with her .

I agree with you. We don't know how much he already gave the adult kids though. That's why I think it's important to keep that in mind. It sounds like he didn't cut them off or anything but the will seems a little strange to not give them something. Maybe he was poor?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know anything about this situation other than what is written here. I don't think it is strange to rewrite a will as a life situation changes. It is a pretty aggressive move to completely remove a loved one from the will. Even if you are not giving money, there are things like "my beloved flamboyant suite collection goes to my first child". Also, when you are restricting people who would otherwise have a right to the estate, you usually write in a preamble to make things clear during a will contest. Sometimes it as simple as "I'm leaving him out and he knows why". Other times it is more detailed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree with you. We don't know how much he already gave the adult kids though. That's why I think it's important to keep that in mind. It sounds like he didn't cut them off or anything but the will seems a little strange to not give them something. Maybe he was poor?

It appears the relationship with the original 3 kids were strained at times ( logically as Sager was married to their mom when he started the relationship / had an affair with the 25 years younger second wife ) but his daughter said they made some sorts of amends as they got older.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
If I were the kids who got left out I would start a whole line of crazy suits called SagerWear and make money off their Dad's name.

Fuck that crazy bitch.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The grownup kids should have requested that he leave them his suits in his will.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Craig Sager's kid is pretty heroic.

Craig Sager II

@CraigSagerJr
Craig Sager wrote his son out of his will the day after he spent 9 days in Houston trying to save his life a 2nd time. Craig Sager’s son & his 2 sisters that were also written out never contested it, but have been taken to court so they can never contest it.
Make sense now? Good

Craig II’s tweet was in response to Kacy’s tweets earlier Wednesday in which she sent out excerpts from Craig II’s book detailing the medical procedure that involved needles he described resembling ballpoint pens inserted and left in both of his arms for hours as he watched his blood work through a dialysis machine.

He detailed how he went through this procedure over multiple days until doctors had collected enough stem cells they believed would be an effective donation in an effort to combat Sager’s aggressive leukemia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
His father was a major league asshole if that story is true.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sager was a piece of work, and his second wife sounds like trash. I understand wanting to take care of the new family, but jeez.

The NBA Store was running a commercial during the Wolves/Thunder halftime last night that was weird. I don't remember the exact commercial, but it had a scene showing a dad telling his kids he was leaving them out of the will so he could buy more NBA merch. Awkward. I'm surprised they didn't pull or reshoot that ad.

To rock my soul

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
His father was a major league asshole if that story is true.

As a wise old Jewish man once taught a teen aged Crest... "A stiff prick has no conscience!!"