It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Posts: 9358
pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Going to claim the National Title and hang a national champion banner in their stadium.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... hip-banner

Very good team. Got sort of a raw deal, but definitely not national champions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
That seems pretty silly. Hang a banner for your undefeated season and just be happy with that.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 1785
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That seems pretty silly. Hang a banner for your undefeated season and just be happy with that.

Yeah....I dunno. I think Illinois used to claim a piece of the 1952 (or something) title because some group (neither the AP nor the UPI) declared them national champs. Kind of silly.

Scott Frost is a feisty one. He lobbied in '97 when the Huskers and Wolverines split. Huskers were # 2 in both polls, but picked up the coaches vote, I think, after Michigan beat Wazzou in a relatively close Rose Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Going to claim the National Title and hang a national champion banner in their stadium.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... hip-banner

Very good team. Got sort of a raw deal, but definitely not national champions.


Hanging a homemade National Championship banner in their stadium is embarrassing and does nothing but make them look like a bush league program.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That seems pretty silly. Hang a banner for your undefeated season and just be happy with that.

Yeah....I dunno. I think Illinois used to claim a piece of the 1952 (or something) title because some group (neither the AP nor the UPI) declared them national champs. Kind of silly.

Scott Frost is a feisty one. He lobbied in '97 when the Huskers and Wolverines split. Huskers were # 2 in both polls, but picked up the coaches vote, I think, after Michigan beat Wazzou in a relatively close Rose Bowl.
I'm ok with that though. There are some allowed, per NCAA, sources to claim a national title. I assume the 1952 title is one of those.

You can't just make it up and grant it to yourself because you went undefeated. It sucks they didn't get a shot at a title but have a parade for an undefeated season.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 15477
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Going to claim the National Title and hang a national champion banner in their stadium.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... hip-banner

Very good team. Got sort of a raw deal, but definitely not national champions.


Good for them.

Defeated the team that beat both teams playing for the national championship.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Because without agreement on objective truth, how do we communicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 1785
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That seems pretty silly. Hang a banner for your undefeated season and just be happy with that.

Yeah....I dunno. I think Illinois used to claim a piece of the 1952 (or something) title because some group (neither the AP nor the UPI) declared them national champs. Kind of silly.

Scott Frost is a feisty one. He lobbied in '97 when the Huskers and Wolverines split. Huskers were # 2 in both polls, but picked up the coaches vote, I think, after Michigan beat Wazzou in a relatively close Rose Bowl.
I'm ok with that though. There are some allowed, per NCAA, sources to claim a national title. I assume the 1952 title is one of those.

You can't just make it up and grant it to yourself because you went undefeated. It sucks they didn't get a shot at a title but have a parade for an undefeated season.

Kind of cringey . . . awarding yourself a title....just get a banner going and be cool with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 34265
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That seems pretty silly. Hang a banner for your undefeated season and just be happy with that.

Yeah....I dunno. I think Illinois used to claim a piece of the 1952 (or something) title because some group (neither the AP nor the UPI) declared them national champs. Kind of silly.

Scott Frost is a feisty one. He lobbied in '97 when the Huskers and Wolverines split. Huskers were # 2 in both polls, but picked up the coaches vote, I think, after Michigan beat Wazzou in a relatively close Rose Bowl.
I'm ok with that though. There are some allowed, per NCAA, sources to claim a national title. I assume the 1952 title is one of those.

You can't just make it up and grant it to yourself because you went undefeated. It sucks they didn't get a shot at a title but have a parade for an undefeated season.

Kind of cringey . . . awarding yourself a title....just get a banner going and be cool with it.

I don't think 'kind of' is necessary .... that's full-on cringey.

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Posts: 1785
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Going to claim the National Title and hang a national champion banner in their stadium.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... hip-banner

Very good team. Got sort of a raw deal, but definitely not national champions.


Good for them.

Defeated the team that beat both teams playing for the national championship.

Like Clubber Lang, I think they deserved their shot, but . . . they didn't get it. Still a great season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 34265
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
There will come a day when the stupid will be culled.

Image

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 3113
pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
#NotMyNationalChampion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33592
FavreFan wrote:
College football blows.

Welcome to the party. I'm sorry you're only 20 years too late.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
College football blows.

Welcome to the party. I'm sorry you're only 20 years too late.

:lol:

I’ve said that since joining this board.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 1466
pizza_Place: pizza and subs
yeah, sorry, that UCF team isn't hanging with either of these teams in this venue. auburn is a good beat in a mean nothing bowl game but thats not the cfp.

i don't think they'd get blown out by 50, i just think they'd be double digit dogs for a reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33592
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33592
hnd wrote:
auburn is a good beat in a mean nothing bowl game but thats not the cfp.

Auburn also beat Alabama. So for those scoring at home:

If Auburn > Alabama and If UCF > Auburbn, then UCF > Alabama

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

Why?

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33592
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

Why?

I read your opinions. I disagree.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

Why?

I read your opinions. I disagree.

:lol:

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22046
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

Why?

I read your opinions. I disagree.

:lol:


:lol:

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
Great game last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
After watching the first half of this game, I no longer have an issue with UCF doing that.

College football blows.

Oops. Hope you watched the second half.

Nope, still bad.

Yup.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am
Posts: 6739
pizza_Place: Salerno's
tommy wrote:
Kind of cringey . . . awarding yourself a title....just get a banner going and be cool with it.


appropriate for the age of self-declared stable geniuses:

"Central Florida was my safety school."
\
Image

wouldn't be surprised if Trump looked at Rollins College next door in Winter Park, Florida. Dated a girl in undergrad whose sister attended Rollins...east coast types with cash who couldn't get into Fordham even. They had the best parties. I think Mister Rogers is a Rollins alum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am
Posts: 6739
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60382
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
:lol: :lol: Idaho has just one. Goddam you, Phil Emery.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52700
Indiana is sneaky there with 7. Pennsylvania seems very low at 10.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm
Posts: 1638
pizza_Place: maciano's
Really high lights how shitty West Virginia is. 0.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UCF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52700
I'd like to see if they count odd sports boarding "schools" when considering where the children cam from.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group