It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
So, I'm a little bit sensitive because my kids Christmas was basically spent sleeping and coughing because my wife brought home a pretty nasty cold from work. I get it that it happens. Workplaces can't shut down because someone is sick. Otherwise, you might as well just not have businesses open from December through March.

However, when you sign your kid up for a gymnastics class where you and 15 other walking petri dishes who love to put their hands in their mouth and on other kids and your kid has a nose so red you can tell their nose was running all morning, and another kid is coughing every 5 minutes(and no, telling a 2 year old to cover their mouth after the fact is not going to matter especially when they are using their hands for everything in the room anyways), and another kid literally has snot running down his nose 30 minutes in, THEN SKIP THE CLASS! Your kid can go an extra week without jumping on the trampoline. Your kid isn't Jordan playing through the flu to gut out a big victory by walking a balance beam 3 inches off the ground.

To those parents who who brought sick kids to the gym today, I hope your kid majors in liberal arts and you have to financially support them until they are in their mid-30s.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 2724
pizza_Place: Quonset
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.

_________________
SpiralStairs wrote:
I can only drink so much trucker cum...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29752
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So, I'm a little bit sensitive because my kids Christmas was basically spent sleeping and coughing because my wife brought home a pretty nasty cold from work. I get it that it happens. Workplaces can't shut down because someone is sick. Otherwise, you might as well just not have businesses open from December through March.

However, when you sign your kid up for a gymnastics class where you and 15 other walking petri dishes who love to put their hands in their mouth and on other kids and your kid has a nose so red you can tell their nose was running all morning, and another kid is coughing every 5 minutes(and no, telling a 2 year old to cover their mouth after the fact is not going to matter especially when they are using their hands for everything in the room anyways), and another kid literally has snot running down his nose 30 minutes in, THEN SKIP THE CLASS! Your kid can go an extra week without jumping on the trampoline. Your kid isn't Jordan playing through the flu to gut out a big victory by walking a balance beam 3 inches off the ground.

To those parents who who brought sick kids to the gym today, I hope your kid majors in liberal arts and you have to financially support them until they are in their mid-30s.



Good for the immune system.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28581
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
GoldenJet wrote:
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.


This

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 6280
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
GoldenJet wrote:
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.


^This

BetaMakerRick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:24 pm
Posts: 4620
pizza_Place: Pequods
denied, save this type of DBotW for anti-vaxxers.

_________________
“When I walked in this morning, and saw the flag was at half mast, I thought 'alright another bureaucrat ate it.'" - Ron Swanson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 34265
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
If kids are at home sick, it means they're not out in public at movies, restaurants, etc..

Nomination denied.

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21398
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I hope Douchebag feels better soon.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29752
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 6280
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Brick takes a HUGE loss here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
GoldenJet wrote:
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.
My kid has already been sick twice this winter. I'm sure every kid in the class has been sick a few times and will be again. There is no reason to take your kid to something that is about putting your hands on everything when your kid is displaying those types of symptoms. I'm sure my kid will find another way to get sick at some point this year. No reason to make it much more likely because you wanted your kid to not miss out on a trampoline.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 6280
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.
My kid has already been sick twice this winter. I'm sure every kid in the class has been sick a few times and will be again. There is no reason to take your kid to something that is about putting your hands on everything when your kid is displaying those types of symptoms. I'm sure my kid will find another way to get sick at some point this year. No reason to make it much more likely because you wanted your kid to not miss out on a trampoline.


Vaccinate your kids.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25407
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Homeschool!

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29752
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Builds their immune system.

Nomination denied.
My kid has already been sick twice this winter. I'm sure every kid in the class has been sick a few times and will be again. There is no reason to take your kid to something that is about putting your hands on everything when your kid is displaying those types of symptoms. I'm sure my kid will find another way to get sick at some point this year. No reason to make it much more likely because you wanted your kid to not miss out on a trampoline.


I don't disagree. It's worse for you than him though.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm
Posts: 4912
pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I'm a little surprised your kid isn't just arguing the futility of the whole endeavor with the other kids. Tell him to keep his arms crossed.

_________________
Everyone is digging in a parallel line
People always live and die in 4/4 time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Telegram Sam wrote:
I'm a little surprised your kid isn't just arguing the futility of the whole endeavor with the other kids. Tell him to keep his arms crossed.
Oh, he will. A medical professional already suggested we read a book about raising strong willed children.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 15477
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Telegram Sam wrote:
I'm a little surprised your kid isn't just arguing the futility of the whole endeavor with the other kids. Tell him to keep his arms crossed.


:lol:

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Because without agreement on objective truth, how do we communicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 9316
Location: UM?
pizza_Place: Aurelios
I gotta agree with this. If it's something you can miss like this than stay home and have some compassion for other people. I actually had something like this happen at the gym the other day where a mom brought her son in and dropped him at the daycare so she could work out. Snots running down the kids face. I was furious.

_________________
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What the hell, I would. Post op is OK right? Right?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60382
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Ian Anderson_in_joliet wrote:
Snots running down his nose.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:06 am
Posts: 3216
Denied! You are not helping the White Man status by posting these type of hate posts. You better hope Julie does not see this thread and post on Twitter that Boilermaker Rick is a child hater. :shock:


Every second of play matters! Without infecting other kids at the gym, little Sofia would have never won this award.
#its all about me me me! Screw the other kids if they have low immune systems. I want to go to the SB!

Image

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Life is short and wasting years reading my bad posts is a mistake. Can't get those years back. Idiot, you just wasted another 10 seconds...You're still doing it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:31 pm
Posts: 266
pizza_Place: Pequods
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

That said, I never had more colds than when my kids were in preschool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 5538
Location: Crenshaw
pizza_Place: Dino's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I was furious.

Step off.

_________________
Sex isn't dirty, sex isn't a crime. It's a loving act between two or more consenting adults.

-Hank Kingsley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
I'm a little surprised your kid isn't just arguing the futility of the whole endeavor with the other kids. Tell him to keep his arms crossed.
Oh, he will. A medical professional already suggested we read a book about raising strong willed children.


SonOfBoilermaker Rick wrote:
I already read it and have prepared a counterargument to each of the author's assertions as well as whatever points you think you're going to make.

Thank you in advance for your input and have a blessed day!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Tad Queasy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
I'm a little surprised your kid isn't just arguing the futility of the whole endeavor with the other kids. Tell him to keep his arms crossed.
Oh, he will. A medical professional already suggested we read a book about raising strong willed children.


SonOfBoilermaker Rick wrote:
I already read it and have prepared a counterargument to each of the author's assertions as well as whatever points you think you're going to make.

Thank you in advance for your input and have a blessed day!

:lol:

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 1466
pizza_Place: pizza and subs
it just happens and is going to happen. you just have to deal with it. especially when you have parents paying out the nose for all these extracurricular activities. Paying hundreds of dollars for ballet lessons? you are going to have sick kids at practice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28581
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Heisenberg wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

That said, I never had more colds than when my kids were in preschool.


That's the rule at my kids' daycare.

And yeah, I think I've had a cold since the Obama administration...

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

That said, I never had more colds than when my kids were in preschool.


That's the rule at my kids' daycare.

And yeah, I think I've had a cold since the Obama administration...
Don't get me wrong. I understand it at daycare. Parents can't take a week off because a kid has a runny nose and is coughing.

This was an optional class that happens during the work week that is built around putting your hands on the same stuff that 15 other kids will be immediately using.

I don't even have a huge problem with him getting sick but at least give him a chance to avoid it.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 9316
Location: UM?
pizza_Place: Aurelios
I basically missed the entire month of December going to the gym because my kids were sick and I refused to be that asshole parent that does that. If it's optional then they should stay at home.

_________________
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What the hell, I would. Post op is OK right? Right?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29752
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I basically missed the entire month of December going to the gym because my kids were sick and I refused to be that asshole parent that does that. If it's optional then they should stay at home.


Depends on how old and competitive they are and how much I'm paying. At 2 years old my kid is definitely staying homs.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Heisenberg wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

That said, I never had more colds than when my kids were in preschool.


Yep. No fever and your kid can go anywhere.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group