It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 7347
Location: France
pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Seacrest desperately trying to bait a Tebow argument out of the board. For shame! This isn't 2011.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
When you can't move the Cubs to Rosemont, move Rosemont to the Cubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 15507
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
America wrote:
Seacrest desperately trying to bait a Tebow argument out of the board. For shame! This isn't 2011.


Shame is all you really do here.

Try selling something else here this year.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Because without agreement on objective truth, how do we communicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:22 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18700
pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.


Saying he will suck is just the default position for a fan base that has had their dick kicked in for the last decade. We don't know how to be positive anymore. I'm on board. He cant be worse than Trestman or Fox.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 11883
Location: Boofoo Zoo
pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
billypootons wrote:
wasnt mcdaniels first go around as a HC nothing short of an unmitigated disaster? why is this never discussed?


McDaniels hung his hat on Tim Tebow. Why is that never discussed.


GREAT POINT!!!

And he wants control over daft decisions and a roster?? :lol:


Well the flip side is he was smart enough to see Cutler sucked and got the Bears to give up 2 #1s for him.


Not when you wasted one of those picks on Tebow.


None of those picks were used on Tebow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
billypootons wrote:
wasnt mcdaniels first go around as a HC nothing short of an unmitigated disaster? why is this never discussed?


McDaniels hung his hat on Tim Tebow. Why is that never discussed.


GREAT POINT!!!

And he wants control over daft decisions and a roster?? :lol:


Well the flip side is he was smart enough to see Cutler sucked and got the Bears to give up 2 #1s for him.


Not when you wasted one of those picks on Tebow.


None of those picks were used on Tebow.

Let’s assume that one of them was.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".


He may be great, he may suck. I've already stated that.
We could have hired RFDC and this would be true.

Why are you mad at Bears fans that are skeptical?

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.
Well, the greatest football coach in history was bad at his first job so let's never talk about anything in the future about coaches.

I'm just wondering why Caller Bob was upset that Bears fans like me are skeptical of hiring a guy with little to no resume from an organization that has been the worst good team in the league.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.
Well, the greatest football coach in history was bad at his first job so let's never talk about anything in the future about coaches.

I'm just wondering why Caller Bob was upset that Bears fans like me are skeptical of hiring a guy with little to no resume from an organization that has been the worst good team in the league.

They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60410
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Ok, now we're getting crazy in this thread. I would rather the Bears have kept John Fox or promote Dowell Loggains than hire RFDC as coach.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38577
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ok, now we're getting crazy in this thread. I would rather the Bears have kept John Fox or promote Dowell Loggains than hire RFDC as coach.

:lol:

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Dignified Rube wrote:
Brady no GOAT. Montana, Marino, Elway and Fouts all better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.
That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.
That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

I don’t think it’s a concern, let alone a big concern. Very few coaches are good game day coaches. I don’t think a case can really be made that it’s more of a concern for Nagy than Defillipo or McDaniels.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18700
pizza_Place: Aurelios
FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 34280
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Outside of Seacrest, RDFC, GoodDolphin, Peoria, Frank, Mike, Boyd..(sorry if missed anyone)


You are stupid and all your Bears thoughts are stupid. Yeah, Nagy may be bad, but we have no idea at this point. Reading your chicken little bullshit is nauseating. You deserve the worst.

#MeToo

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

John Harbaugh. Maybe a couple others. There’s not many.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36184
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18700
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.



:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.
That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

I don’t think it’s a concern, let alone a big concern. Very few coaches are good game day coaches. I don’t think a case can really be made that it’s more of a concern for Nagy than Defillipo or McDaniels.
Seems like we are on the path of "coaching doesn't matter" expect of course John Fox was bad.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.
That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

I don’t think it’s a concern, let alone a big concern. Very few coaches are good game day coaches. I don’t think a case can really be made that it’s more of a concern for Nagy than Defillipo or McDaniels.
Seems like we are on the path of "coaching doesn't matter" expect of course John Fox was bad.

Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport by a mile. That’s a bad takeaway from what I said.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport by a mile. That’s a bad takeaway from what I said.

Gameday coaching doesn't matter much I guess.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38577
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

John Harbaugh. Maybe a couple others. There’s not many.

What have we seen from Harbaugh that makes him good on gsme day?

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Dignified Rube wrote:
Brady no GOAT. Montana, Marino, Elway and Fouts all better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36184
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.



:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18700
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.



:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?


Maybe. I stole that from Simmons though :lol: :lol:

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

John Harbaugh. Maybe a couple others. There’s not many.

What have we seen from Harbaugh that makes him good on gsme day?

He’s specifically very competitive against the Patriots, especially relative to the rest of the league. Flacco is one of the worst QBs in the league and has been for awhile but he still gets very good results. I don’t often see them make mistakes or egregious fuck ups in close games, and they play a lot of them.

I don’t watch them all the time though. He could be awful and I don’t realize it. Just the first name that came to mind outside of Belichick.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29801
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears won a total of 29 games the last 3 years Lovie was here. They haven't won that many games in 5 years. Everyone has a right to question the Bears decisions.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36184
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.



:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?


Maybe. I stole that from Simmons though :lol: :lol:

Doesn't Madden run the clocks down to :20 on the play clock after you choose a play? If it's in the game, it's in the game!

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Last edited by Curious Hair on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44082
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.



:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?

Most kids sucked at Madden iirc.

The good madden players would be better.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group