PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
312player wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
He's going to try pro football AGAIN?

He is correct in recognizing there's an opportunity.
He is correct in recognizing the NFL is shitting all over itself.

BUT...he once again won't be able to help but make it overdramatized and fictional like wrestling.

I think he learned most people don't like that gayboy wrestlint shit..This could work, the last time I stopped as soon as I saw a " hehateme" jersey.

You're right. His hundreds of million dollar corporation isn't liked by most people.

I didn't say that there weren't clowns out there who watch that shit..It's a small %. He wants to get NFL money and numbers.

No he doesn't. That sounds silly. It takes about a century to pull that off.

Rumours are he did this to leverage more money for a tv rights deal. Current one with NBC Universal ends next year.

Thought process being that adding football will increase offers, especially from FOX.

Post subject: Re: Vince McMahon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
312player wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

BUT...he once again won't be able to help but make it overdramatized and fictional like wrestling.

I think he learned most people don't like that gayboy wrestlint shit..This could work, the last time I stopped as soon as I saw a " hehateme" jersey.

You're right. His hundreds of million dollar corporation isn't liked by most people.

I didn't say that there weren't clowns out there who watch that shit..It's a small %. He wants to get NFL money and numbers.

If it's done right it's a huge money maker and nowhere near a century..under a decade.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
312player wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

If it's done right it's a huge money maker and nowhere near a century..under a decade.

...because of all the pro sports leagues that have cropped up and done battle with mainstays like the MLB and NFL in the last 20 years? Even HUGE pro gaming events do overnight cable numbers in the grand scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The NFL has hurt the game by taking away the toughness and physicality through rule changes, the flags and dog shit officiating, 4 minute replays etc..many people hate tbeir home teams ownership..tberes a market for a new league.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I totally agree there is potential here for a new league. The NFL has been trying it's hardest to ruin the league. Problem is....Vince has to be Vince....there's no way he'll be able to resist the temptation to make this another form of wrestling.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
I totally agree there is potential here for a new league. The NFL has been trying it's hardest to ruin the league. Problem is....Vince has to be Vince....there's no way he'll be able to resist the temptation to make this another form of wrestling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
wdelaney72 wrote:
I totally agree there is potential here for a new league.

All the other upstart football leagues have failed but this one is gonna work because people are...still mad at Colin Kaepernick?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:31 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

All the other upstart football leagues have failed but this one is gonna work because people are...still mad at Colin Kaepernick?

Has there really been an upstart league besides the USFL and the one year of the XFL? The USFL was moderately successful until, ironically, Donald Trump screwed it up. The XFL1 made mistakes that this other one is avoiding.

People still love football. A league that is watchable would do well filling the void from the weekend before the Super Bowl to the start of March Madness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

Has there really been an upstart league besides the USFL and the one year of the XFL? The USFL was moderately successful until, ironically, Donald Trump screwed it up. The XFL1 made mistakes that this other one is avoiding.

People still love football. A league that is watchable would do well filling the void from the weekend before the Super Bowl to the start of March Madness.

I was thinking of the UFL, the FXFL, that league that was supposed to have all players pass-eligible, and you may as well count the arena league these days too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
This is part of a bigger picture. They're TV deal is up after 2018 and rumor is FOX has expressed interest in them, and even made an offer to buy the WWE. Bet part of a deal to sell in 2019 will include FOX being their TV partner for the XFL in 2020. Vince knows the end is near and he is desperate to leave a legacy that isn't only wrestling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 pm 

Hey, fuck you pal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

I was thinking of the UFL, the FXFL, that league that was supposed to have all players pass-eligible, and you may as well count the arena league these days too.
I forgot about the UFL. The Arena league actually did ok for a long while. The FXFL was different because it was trying to get a deal with the NFL, but the NFL said no so it was dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Pal wrote:
This is part of a bigger picture. They're TV deal is up after 2018 and rumor is FOX has expressed interest in them, and even made an offer to buy the WWE. Bet part of a deal to sell in 2019 will include FOX being their TV partner for the XFL in 2020. Vince knows the end is near and he is desperate to leave a legacy that isn't only wrestling.

Fuck if he sells the E is trips and Steph gonna be pissed lol. Make Shane look like the smart one for making his money outside the family business.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDw1nECBqN8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hey, fuck you pal.

Nope. Fuck you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 am 

Pal wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hey, fuck you pal.

Nope. Fuck you

I like you, Betty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
wdelaney72 wrote:

Meaning?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Don Tiny wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

Meaning?

Meaning the XFL of 2020 will suck.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
I love hearing all those people claiming that the XFL was pre-determined like pro wrestling is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

Meaning?

Meaning the XFL of 2020 will suck.

Just to fence this in better, are you saying you don't care for pro wrasslin' now or forever?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:29 pm 

Pal wrote:

Goddamn, Pal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Does anyone NOT believe this will fall right on its face again?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:22 pm 

Darkside wrote:

If anything, it'll do worse. The first XFL actually got decent ratings for a week or two and had support from the television partners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Maybe if they play in a Speedo only and grease themselves up they can get the bicurious crowd that digs pro wrestling.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:22 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Darkside wrote:

If anything, it'll do worse. The first XFL actually got decent ratings for a week or two and had support from the television partners.

It didn't have a ready made niche like there is now with the Kaepernick haters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Maybe if they play in a Speedo only and grease themselves up they can get the bicurious crowd that digs pro wrestling.

Fruit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 am 

What might work, is to say "This football league will not lie to players or it's fans. If players decide to play in this league, they will do so understanding there are risks. Concussions may well happen, as we will allow football to be football again. Players will get creamed and while we will remove injured players from the game, we will not turn the game into touch football or flag football, as the NFL seems headed for. Just like with MMA, the sport will feature spectacular violence for all to enjoy. That could work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
rogers park bryan wrote:
Pal wrote:

Goddamn, Pal

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 am 
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
What might work, is to say "This football league will not lie to players or it's fans. If players decide to play in this league, they will do so understanding there are risks. Concussions may well happen, as we will allow football to be football again. Players will get creamed and while we will remove injured players from the game, we will not turn the game into touch football or flag football, as the NFL seems headed for. Just like with MMA, the sport will feature spectacular violence for all to enjoy. That could work.

The head injury snowflakes aren't who Vince is pandering to. He's going after people like you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
spectacular violence for all to enjoy. That could work.

george carlin was way out ahead of you on this one.