It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Joseph Berrios
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Would you have a problem with the US cutting off all monetary aid to Israel, Ogie? Kinda find it hard to believe that you wouldn't raise hell about that.

I would be fine if we cut off ALL monetary aid overseas. Also I would probably cut any funding to the UN as well.

You do realize that without Foreign aid there wouldn't be an Israel don't you?

False, the US didn't start selling arms to Israel until the Kennedy administration in 1962, in fact Truman embargoed both sides during the War of Independence. Any other false facts to peddle? Up until that time, all Israeli arms were purchased from France, which is why they operated the Mirage

You completely ignored the fact that the creation of Israel was made possible by a mandate provided by a foreign country. That constitutes foreign aid doesn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Would you have a problem with the US cutting off all monetary aid to Israel, Ogie? Kinda find it hard to believe that you wouldn't raise hell about that.

I would be fine if we cut off ALL monetary aid overseas. Also I would probably cut any funding to the UN as well.

10 more pages.

I started the thread jerk. My point was relevant to the statement that he made by the way. If you want to be a damn prognosticator go join the weather channel. And yeah I made it personal because it is personal. It always is with you and I'm never going to delude myself into thinking otherwise. If you didn't like the point that I made do something for me clown. Ignore it.

There it is!

Please don't ever, ever, again complain about the "herd" or "usual suspects" coming after you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

10 more pages.

I started the thread jerk. My point was relevant to the statement that he made by the way. If you want to be a damn prognosticator go join the weather channel. And yeah I made it personal because it is personal. It always is with you and I'm never going to delude myself into thinking otherwise. If you didn't like the point that I made do something for me clown. Ignore it.

JLN makes an innocent post and LTG already lost his marbles :lol:

Isn't it just peachy that the biased brigade sees it as "innocent"? There was nothing innocent about it. I addressed you and not him. There wasn't any need for him to respond. As far as "10 pages" go he makes everyone that post on this board's site read like shorthand with his pointless diatribes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

False, the US didn't start selling arms to Israel until the Kennedy administration in 1962, in fact Truman embargoed both sides during the War of Independence. Any other false facts to peddle? Up until that time, all Israeli arms were purchased from France, which is why they operated the Mirage

You completely ignored the fact that the creation of Israel was made possible by a mandate provided by a foreign country. That constitutes foreign aid doesn't it?

Jews living in the country declared their independence 5 1/2 months after partition was granted (and then foolishly rejected by the Arabs). No decree put Israel into being, their Declaration of Independence followed by their successful defense of their lands by Arabs who were hoping to finish Hitler's work are what created Israel.

Now the partition was used to justify the declaration, but it certainly did not create Israel. Israelis fighting for their own rights is what created Israel. Mind you, there was no US support for Israel in that war either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Isn't it just peachy that the biased brigade sees it as "innocent"? There was nothing innocent about it. I addressed you and not him. There wasn't any need for him to respond. As far as "10 pages" go he makes everyone that post on this board's site read like shorthand with his pointless diatribes.

Go cry some more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

10 more pages.

There it is!

Please don't ever, ever, again complain about the "herd" or "usual suspects" coming after you.

Bring it! I could care less. You showed who you were the first time so and me being the guy that I am chose not to believe it. You have an issue with me for some apparent reason. i don't give a fuck at this point. It is what it is. Each and every time that I feel that you are addressing the "poster" and not the "post" I am going to react that way.

I could care less about some message board etiquette either. It is just as phony as the people that constantly bemoan the fact that it is besmirched.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:07 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

Look at the biased brigade acting in unison. Always make sure that you have each other's backs don't you? Next time someone "whines" about threads being destroyed remember this one. There will be others. That was a legitimate point for the record.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Couldn't care less.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
property taxes, because even after the mortgage is paid off, the home is never truly yours.

Aren't you a local and state guy? Was that only for Nevada?

If there is to be anything, I prefer local and state, but in the end I'm a "taxation is theft" guy.

i'm a if you "consume but don't pay you're stealing" guy

I believe in voluntaryism. If there is a government service that is sought after enough, then someone would bring that service to the market with competition.

The Market agrees! :lol:

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

Look at the biased brigade acting in unison. Always make sure that you have each other's backs don't you? Next time someone "whines" about threads being destroyed remember this one. There will be others. That was a legitimate point for the record.

yeah JLN and I are in unison, that's why we rip each other apart in just about any other thread (especially those involving police shootings) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:10 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

yeah JLN and I are in unison, that's why we rip each other apart in just about any other thread (especially those involving police shootings) :lol:

I like you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'm unclear how "10 more pages" was some attack.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:14 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

I like you.

If I were local to Chicago I'd buy you a beer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:15 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

Yet you still believe that he makes innocent comments. He had no interest in addressing my point as I said before whenever I believe that its "poster" and not "post" I'm going to react that way. Either like it or don't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

I like you.

If I were local to Chicago I'd buy you a beer

And I would have LTG sip it first.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

Yet you still believe that he makes innocent comments. He had no interest in addressing my point as I said before whenever I believe that its "poster" and not "post" I'm going to react that way. Either like it or don't.

LTG, it's a pretty common board meme to quote a post with a statement or some kind of information that is sure to incite heavy, heated debate (like Israel) with a comical prediction of increased thread length.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

That is the go to move for people who claim that others are "derailing the thread". Isn't it ironic that JLN of all people was the one making the claim? I'd made one post (other than the one which began the thread) at that point. There was no back and forth. Simply address the point is my point. Same beat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
property taxes, because even after the mortgage is paid off, the home is never truly yours.

Aren't you a local and state guy? Was that only for Nevada?

If there is to be anything, I prefer local and state, but in the end I'm a "taxation is theft" guy.

i'm a if you "consume but don't pay you're stealing" guy

I believe in voluntaryism. If there is a government service that is sought after enough, then someone would bring that service to the market with competition.
There is no chance that would work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go cry some more

LTG, it's a pretty common board meme to quote a post with a statement or some kind of information that is sure to incite heavy, heated debate (like Israel) with a comical prediction of increased thread length.

If that was comedic then you are a real riot. I wasn't going to engage with a long and forth about it. It was relevant to his point regarding foreign aid. I'm good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
My favorite part is that the response to it is to post so much it almost guarantees 10 more pages are coming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Must be Seacrest's fault since he brought up Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
My favorite part is that the response to it is to post so much it almost guarantees 10 more pages are coming.

great thread today

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm 

Actually I'd much prefer to discuss the particulars of the article. Up until this point no one has addressed what the article was actually about. Namely discrimination in housing. That is a big deal if true. This form of discrimination is a tad different than the historical ways in which discrimination in housing was practiced.

They are artifcially inflating the value of assessments for the purpose of having African Americans pay more in taxes than whites.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm 

Just a serious note LTG, no one here is out to get you. We are people who all have strong opinions and sometimes butt heads, but at the end of the day this is just a message board, it is nothing more. Don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you or replies to you as it really shouldn't be personal, even when it gets heated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Actually I'd much prefer to discuss the particulars of the article. Up until this point no one has addressed what the article was actually about. Namely discrimination in housing. That is a big deal if true. This form of discrimination is a tad different than the historical ways in which discrimination in housing was practiced.

They are artifcially inflating the value of assessments for the purpose of having African Americans pay more in taxes than whites.

interestingly enough, the person sued for the discrimination is neither white nor African American. I"m not saying there isn't anything going on, but I think there is more to the story than simple discrimination.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Just a serious note LTG, no one here is out to get you. We are people who all have strong opinions and sometimes butt heads, but at the end of the day this is just a message board, it is nothing more. Don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you or replies to you as it really shouldn't be personal, even when it gets heated.
12 more pages.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:32 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

interestingly enough, the person sued for the discrimination is neither white nor African American

It doesn't matter what his race or ethnicity happens to be. It only matters which groups are effected. The suit is clear as to who benefits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:32 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
12 more pages.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Must be Seacrest's fault since he brought up Israel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Isn't that what is lost in all of this? His point was relevant too. Good catch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

interestingly enough, the person sued for the discrimination is neither white nor African American

It doesn't matter what his race or ethnicity happens to be. It only matters which groups are effected. The suit is clear as to who benefits.

I edited my post to say more, but I think there is more to it. We'll find out, the case will be heard and we'll see what gets presented.