It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Stfu. You guys would be parking cars without him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Scottie has a real beef but hasn't said anything. Everyone else should stfu. Ho Grant would be less memorable than Harvey if it wasn't because of Jordan.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am 

Nas wrote:
Scottie has a real beef but hasn't said anything. Everyone else should stfu. Ho Grant would be less memorable than Harvey if it wasn't because of Jordan.

I liked Horace as a player but let’s face it , best thing he did was kick the ball out to Pax for the 3 against Phoenix. I haven’t finished the series yet so I don’t know what Scottie is beefing about .

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its funny how almost all of them said Jordan was a jagoff in practice, but in the interviews with Wennington, Kerr, Toni, etc. most of the guys seemed to recognize why MJ was acting that way and that once they tipped off in a game, he had their backs 100% and vice versa.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
I liked Horace as a player but let’s face it , best thing he did was kick the ball out to Pax for the 3 against Phoenix. I haven’t finished the series yet so I don’t know what Scottie is beefing about .

I was looking at the Bulls' draft picks on basketball-reference and was surprised by how high his career win share total was. Not that it was high and I thought it'd be low, more like I thought it'd be high but it was really high: 118.2, second all-time behind Michael at 214, Scottie at 125 but that's technically a Seattle pick.

Oh, the third-most productive Bulls draft pick, understanding that Pippen is credited to Seattle? LaMarcus Aldridge, WHOOPS

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its funny how almost all of them said Jordan was a jagoff in practice, but in the interviews with Wennington, Kerr, Toni, etc. most of the guys seemed to recognize why MJ was acting that way and that once they tipped off in a game, he had their backs 100% and vice versa.

yeah no doubt.

Grant can shut the fuck up.

I get Pippen a little bit, but at least he has kept his mouth shut.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Pippen's beef should be more with Bulls mgmt than Jordan. But even Pip himself said that he needed the stability and guaranteed money and thats why he signed the deal he did.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 am 

RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

yeah no doubt.

Kap was saying yesterday ( in typical Kap fashion :lol: ) that he’s heard that several of Jordan’s teammates but especially Pip, are furious with him and how they were portrayed .

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I'd say the highlight of Grant's career was this glorious Charles Smith sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFKhpMKX0E

Smith, Smith, stripped, Smith, stopped, Smith, stopped again! Marv was awesome.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Typical "Gaslighting" from Craig Hodges

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... 2_32034161

badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

yeah no doubt.

Kap was saying yesterday ( in typical Kap fashion :lol: ) that he’s heard that several of Jordan’s teammates but especially Pip, are furious with him and how they were portrayed .

What other team mates could be upset?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

100000 CLUB

Grant is the only Bulls player who came off poorly in the Last Dance IMO. The other guys were honest in that maybe they weren't best friends with MJ or liked him a whole lot, but respect what he did and what he meant to the game and their team. Paxson and Kerr especially seemed to embrace their career as role players.

The only reason Pippen may have come off poorly is because of what he did- saying he wouldn't play, 1.8 secs, etc. Those things had nothing to do with MJ.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:

Actually, typical gaslighting with Craig Hodges involves the literal lighting of gas.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

yeah no doubt.

What other team mates could be upset?

Ron Harper stuttered something and Bill Cartwright stomped his feet twice.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Actually, typical gaslighting with Craig Hodges involves the literal lighting of gas.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That was kinda of the joke, but thank you for that.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Grant is the only Bulls player who came off poorly in the Last Dance IMO. The other guys were honest in that maybe they weren't best friends with MJ or liked him a whole lot, but respect what he did and what he meant to the game and their team. Paxson and Kerr especially seemed to embrace their career as role players.

The only reason Pippen may have come off poorly is because of what he did- saying he wouldn't play, 1.8 secs, etc. Those things had nothing to do with MJ.

Also the migraine and the back problems in game six. Under normal circumstances these wouldn’t make him look bad. For example if this was comparing to LeBron.

But when they show The Flu game before him being hurt in game six, easy to see a slight. But that’s what actually happened.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Now thats a hot take.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Pippen's beef is that Jordan allowed every low point of Pippen's career to be included, but completely glossed overall or skipped all of his big moments. If I was 13 instead of 38 I may have walked away believing that Steve Kerr and Paxson were just as important as Scottie if not more. It was a petty thing for Jordan to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

You can't ignore the "low points" of Pippen's career. Its all part of his story. Should they have included a winning shot while Pip was on the Blazers?

There was also a long segment in episode 4 or 5 maybe dedicated to Pippen's backstory, and how Jordan built him up and knew he was going to be vital into winning championships.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 am 

Jordan should have give Scottie a bit more credit for being a goddamn warrior in that Game 6 in 98. Instead Jordan kind of treated it like he had to pull teeth to get Scottie back out there. Other than that I don't think any of it was unfair to Pip really

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jordan should have give Scottie a bit more credit for being a goddamn warrior in that Game 6 in 98. Instead Jordan kind of treated it like he had to pull teeth to get Scottie back out there. Other than that I don't think any of it was unfair to Pip really

I think that is fair.

Jordan praised Pip a lot early on, said he was best teammate he ever had. They highlighted how good Pippen was while MJ was gone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

Pippen's play on defense in that series against Indiana was HUGE. Watching the documentary it appeared that Steve Kerr was the 2nd best player. The same is true for the Finals against the Lakers.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Fair point, FF. They did have Chip Schaffer on there though explaining how tough Pip was and how much pain he was going through and all the treatments he was given. MJ could have and perhaps should have given more credit, but I don't think anybody watching that last episode came away with a viewpoint that was anything other than Pip being an complete warrior for gutting that thing out.

Nas, MJ talked about Pip shutting down Magic during '91.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Pippen's play on defense in that series against Indiana was HUGE. Watching the documentary it appeared that Steve Kerr was the 2nd best player. The same is true for the Finals against the Lakers.

I don't believe anyone came away thinking Kerr was the 2nd best player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't believe anyone came away thinking Kerr was the 2nd best player.

I should have said 2nd most important player. Pippen's contributions aren't even mentioned for that series.

I understand that it was a Jordan production but he didn't need to kick Scottie in orange to elevate himself. Rodman was also bothered by the Scottie treatment to the police that he reached out to him.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Are you having keyboard issues again? C'mon Nas. You can argue MJ may have slighted Scottie a little during the series. Saying that MJ kicked Scottie while he was down to elevate himself is not correct.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: Are you having keyboard issues again? C'mon Nas. You can argue MJ may have slighted Scottie a little during the series. Saying that MJ kicked Scottie while he was down to elevate himself is not correct.

MJ has always needled Scottie a little even while praising him. I saw this as a continuation of that. Except I didnt think there were enough praises.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

MJ needled everybody! How many times do you think he said "Scott Burrell" during the series?

Other than Phil Jackson, whom did MJ universally praise during all ten episodes?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I'd say the highlight of Grant's career was this glorious Charles Smith sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFKhpMKX0E

Smith, Smith, stripped, Smith, stopped, Smith, stopped again! Marv was awesome.

That series looked pretty dark for a while.

Best Bulls defensive play until Jordan in the last Game 6.

Charles Oakley quote: "Phil watched a lot of film. We watched a lot of film. But we were playing checkers, and they were playing chess.”