It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Then you'll have all the leftist parents threatening their 16 year olds to vote for some Marxist or else they will get their phones taken away. Democracy in action!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am 

I say we let 10 year old vote.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?p=2891347#p2891347

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
In the end this really doesn't matter much IMO.....1/2 the population over 18 doesn't even vote and when they do they elected a game show host as POTUS. Could it really get any worse by allowing this?

Your contempt for your fellow citizens is palpable. Liberals love to use the word "normalize" as in "DON'T NORMALIZE TRUMP!" You know what "normal" really is? We elect a president the same way we have since George Washington. Some people don't like the person elected. They wait four years and try to elect someone else. That's normal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Car accidents are by far the largest cause of death for teenagers. Letting kids drive at 16 is not the best idea in the world.

Jack Kingston approves of this thread

Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am 

America wrote:
Ok then we get to try 16 year olds as adults.

they can be tried as adults.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Damn.

Will Caller Mike have a retort?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
That's absurd. It's no different than the driving age.

:lol: What age group has the most accidents? Are you making my argument or yours? It's hard to tell.

It's why we phase in driving, with permits, etc. Perhaps we could phase in voting privileges, like local town councils etc? I'm guessing the right wing would like to phase in consent laws so they can make it easier to rape teenagers as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Randall Road House
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Damn.

Will Caller Mike have a retort?

I'm sorry you're poor. NASDAQ up again today while you idiots are playing on social media.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18.10 Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I wonder if state/local elections can have lowered voting ages?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

America wrote:
I wonder if state/local elections can have lowered voting ages?

I'm sure they can. Some municipalities allow non-citizens to vote.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Think about what you're saying. Do 21-30 olds tend to vote Left more or less than 50-60 year olds?

This whole movement is rearing its head because some kids who got shot at are espousing the liberal talking points on guns. I guarantee if those kids were saying they should have all been armed to the teeth so they could have taken Cruz out, liberal dipshits on Twitter would not be advocating for giving them voting rights.

You're right. It would be Fox News having them on as "gun experts".

I admire your ability to be drunk this early in the day. I haven't been able to do that since my early 20's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Think about what you're saying. Do 21-30 olds tend to vote Left more or less than 50-60 year olds?

This whole movement is rearing its head because some kids who got shot at are espousing the liberal talking points on guns. I guarantee if those kids were saying they should have all been armed to the teeth so they could have taken Cruz out, liberal dipshits on Twitter would not be advocating for giving them voting rights.

You're right. It would be Fox News having them on as "gun experts". Quite possible

I admire your ability to be drunk this early in the day. I haven't been able to do that since my early 20's. Hi Baby!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 pm 
Hi Joe! Glad to see you are still trying to cling to the "I'm not partisan" mantle. Keep up the good work.

And if by "quite possible" you mean "absolutely" then yes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:
Hi Joe! Glad to see you are still trying to cling to the "I'm not partisan" mantle. Keep up the good work.

I don't watch enough Fox to say definitively. But I have watched Tucker Carlson a little lately and he seems to prefer his stable of left-wing loons that he can bat around as guests rather than those who actually agree with him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:

Remember that time you accused Curious Hair of being a Republican?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
We can at least all agree the elderly with reduced mental capacity should have their minds tested, right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

BRick, you will find trying to defend JORR's independence is not going to turn out well for you :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 pm 
TurdFerguson wrote:
We can at least all agree the elderly with reduced mental capacity should have their minds tested, right?

Nope. Give them the bazookas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Letting women vote was a mistake. Letting teenage girls vote would be a tragedy.

Yup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am so sick and tired of seeing these kids regurgitate Bloomberg talking points on guns. Being a victim does not give you the moral high ground or authority.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:07 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

BRick, you will find trying to defend JORR's independence is not going to turn out well for you :lol:

You think everyone who isn't Nancy Pelosi is a Republican.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

You think everyone who isn't Nancy Pelosi is a Republican.

I think Nancy Pelosi should be run over by a bus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am so sick and tired of seeing these kids regurgitate Bloomberg talking points on guns. Being a victim does not give you the moral high ground or authority.

Kingston already did this bit today.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think kids that got shot at require talking points to be handed to them. But I also don't think we should look to them for policy ideas- a) because they're kids and b) because they're obviously and understandably emotional after a traumatic experience.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think kids that got shot at require talking points to be handed to them. But I also don't think we should look to them for policy ideas- a) because they're kids and b) because they're obviously and understandably emotional after a traumatic experience.

and c) Their point of view doesn't align with yours.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: I don't think you have any idea what my point of view is on the issue. I'm not even sure myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: I don't think you have any idea what my point of view is on the issue. I'm not even sure myself.

Haven't you advocated their are physically mature 17 years olds that should be able to make their own decision on who they sleep with?