It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Ohio Judge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
When he/she is 18 it will all be a mute point. So just wait it out.

Correct. This decision is wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
When he/she is 18 it will all be a mute point. So just wait it out.
My favorite button on the TV remote is the Moot Button.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Letting a 17 year old choose hormone therapy: bad.
Letting a 12 year old choose to play a dangerous sport like football: good.

Do I have that right?

It is ok to let a 17 year old choose hormone therapy.
It is ok to let an 18 year old purchase an assault rifle.
But said adolescent has to wait until they are 21 to purchase a 6-pack of Michelob Ultra Light pisswater.

Yep, makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

You need parent permission to play football too.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
tommy wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
tommy wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you feel you have the right to instill religious values in your minor child?

Goddamn right I do. If I had to go to CCD every fucking Saturday, so does my son!

And the best religious value I look forward to imparting on my 10 month old is this: gathering our shit so we can beeline it the hell out of Dodge after accepting the body of Christ! Screw waiting for mass to actually end. I got places to be and bad decisions to make.

Yeah, that last 6-7 minutes is a killer. I mean, I used to be kind of euphoric as I knelt there--Mass is over! One week before I have to return!--but still, it's less denouement and more akin to lying beside a woman who you just nailed and who you suddenly are no longer attracted to. You feel like you've accomplished something and you're satisfied, but you just want out.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, we had this angry priest who used to call out parishioners who would leave early. He also used to stop mass during the middle of songs because our congregation would not sing and would not start up again until more people were singing. The first time I went to a protestant mass I saw everyone singing. I asked my dad why our church doesn't sing. He said Catholics don't sing.

We did have one priest who rebuked you if you left early. People avoided his Masses.

There is nothing more depressing than the Catholic Mass, particularly one without music and when people are reciting prayers. "We believe in one God, the Father and the Almighty . . ." Just an awful-sounding noise, devoid of any emotion or any touches of humanity or joy or, for that matter, faith. It sounds like the incantation at an exceptionally boring post-apocalyptic ritual.

Plus, you're thirsty as hell in Mass and the chicks are hot. I thought about God like three times from the ages of 12-17. Usually, I was thinking about Pepsi and was checking out whatever women were standing in front of me.

Haha. Well said. I remember being 13 at Christmas Mass trying not to pop a chubby because all the cute older girls would be there in their short Christmas skirts. What Christmas mass is all about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
This Ohio judge should sentence Frank and Caller Bob to a slap-and-tickle fight.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
What's more worrying to me is they were almost charged with a crime for not letting Timmy slice his dick off.

I use to think Sam Hyde's line about state enforced homosexuality was a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

My issue is xyz should be OK because of my religion. There are MANY other valid reasons why the child should or shouldn't go through with her therapy other than religion. What a weak argument.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

My issue is xyz should be OK because of my religion. There are MANY other valid reasons why the child should or shouldn't go through with her therapy other than religion. What a weak argument.

I am not sure of the legal wording so we need JLN to chime in. I think there is or should be a freedom of religion clause that has to do with "you are under 18 and my child in my house and my religion here is what we do" unless the religion lets you fuck, carve up and eat little kids.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:10 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

It's not a straw man. Why do we let a 12 year old consent to football but not let a 17 year old consent to hormone therapy? To me, both seem pretty dangerous and can cause irreparable harm to a young person.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:11 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

Especially at the age of 17. These parents are turning their back on their 17 year old because the church told them to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
By comparing tackle football to hormone therapy, I think BRick just cemented his status as the biggest burrito in this message board's history.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why do we let a 12 year old consent to football but not let a 17 year old consent to hormone therapy?

Uh, because we don't let a 12 year old consent to football?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why do we let a 12 year old consent to football but not let a 17 year old consent to hormone therapy?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:47 pm 
pittmike wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Do I have that right?

I am not sure of the legal wording so we need JLN to chime in. I think there is or should be a freedom of religion clause that has to do with "you are under 18 and my child in my house and my religion here is what we do" unless the religion lets you fuck, carve up and eat little kids.

It's called the First Amendment. You don't need Juice and his Windows Clipboard for that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Kathy Griffin's House
Caller Bob wrote:
By comparing tackle football to hormone therapy, I think BRick just cemented his status as the biggest burrito in this message board's history.

Caller Bob, Who are you crappin'?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Adam Rippon wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Bob, Who are you crappin'?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Exactly. I was waiting for that.

Parents consent required for all dangerous activities for under 18 year olds. A judge is wrong for overriding that consent and letting a minor choose for themselves. A parent can choose to put their kid in football at 12 even though it is clearly dangerous. They can force them to play or not to play. So far so good? Parental rights and everything else?

Now, should the government be able to tell parents they can't put their 12 year old in hormone therapy? Shouldn't parental rights allow them to?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Parents consent required for all dangerous activities for under 18 year olds. A judge is wrong for overriding that consent and letting a minor choose for themselves. A parent can choose to put their kid in football at 12 even though it is clearly dangerous. They can force them to play or not to play. So far so good? Parental rights and everything else?

Now, should the government be able to tell parents they can't put their 12 year old in hormone therapy? Shouldn't parental rights allow them to?

I think there's a bigger philosophical question here than the individual parents and kids and that is, do you feel the government is more capable of raising your child(ren) than you are?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think there's a bigger philosophical question here than the individual parents and kids and that is, do you feel the government is more capable of raising your child(ren) than you are?

That's exactly right. And liberals and big government types have been trying to supersede the power of parents for a while now. In their eyes, the state is better at raising your children than you are.

Just look at the case of that British child who was not allowed to come to America by the Brits to get some experimental treatment despite the parents wanting it to happen. It will only get worse. You will see more and more lawsuits by children against their parents from ACLU shitheel lawyers all in the name of a "child's rights" allegedly being suppressed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
SuperMario wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's exactly right. And liberals and big government types have been trying to supersede the power of parents for a while now. In their eyes, the state is better at raising your children than you are.

Just look at the case of that British child who was not allowed to come to America by the Brits to get some experimental treatment despite the parents wanting it to happen. It will only get worse. You will see more and more lawsuits by children against their parents from ACLU shitheel lawyers all in the name of a "child's rights" allegedly being suppressed.

There would be no abortion debate if MANY of us didn't feel that the government should provide some protections for the most fragile members of our society. This isn't just about big government liberals.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's not what's happening here, though. The government is removing altogether the authority of these parents to decide on dangerous and life-altering medical procedures for their minor child precisely because they did not consent to said medical procedure. It's not about parental consent, it's about taking away your child if you don't guess right and grant the consent a judge thinks you should have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:04 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think that question is a little bit too generic. For instance, I am positive that the government would better educate my children than I would which is why there is no chance I will home school. There are other things I provide much better than the government could.

The major point is that we can't just use the "parents say so" rule for everything. We need the government to be a form of protection from certain things. Now, maybe we disagree on the dangers, and given this thread I'm guessing that most think hormone therapy for 12 year olds is wrong with or without consent. I agree with that too. I just have a hard time understanding why, if football is determined to be very dangerous too(paging JLN to tell me that there isn't any proof of that), that it is ok but hormone therapy wouldn't be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There would be no abortion debate if MANY of us didn't feel that the government should provide some protections for the most fragile members of our society. This isn't just about big government liberals.

There was a time before "big government liberals" when there was no debate about abortion, and our government did provide protections to the most powerless among us.

So this is a another case of the government knows better about your kids then you and I do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I am positive that the government would better educate my children than I would which is why there is no chance I will home school.

I don't think you really believe that. It's simply a matter of you not having time to spend educating your children. And I believe the statistics support the argument that home-schooled children are far more prepared for university than public school children. And that's with most of them being home-schooled by religious whackjobs rather than a sane person like yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
That's not what's happening here, though. The government is removing altogether the authority of these parents to decide on dangerous and life-altering medical procedures for their minor child precisely because they did not consent to said medical procedure. It's not about parental consent, it's about taking away your child if you don't guess right and grant the consent a judge thinks you should have.
It certainly is about parental consent. While obviously not a perfect analogy, it's not much different than a parent who doesn't "consent" to cancer treatments for a child and the court overrules them. A less extreme example would be a parent who doesn't "consent" to their child going to school.

Parental consent, whether positive or negative, is the same thing. They denied a currently accepted medical practice against the wishes of the child and the experts they chose to take them too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
While obviously not a perfect analogy, it's not much different than a parent who doesn't "consent" to cancer treatments for a child and the court overrules them.

It's not even close to a good analogy. It's more like a parent refusing to consent to a child having Jeff Stryker use his penis enlargement device on his cock and a judge insisting the kid is entitled to go for the extra inch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I am positive that the government would better educate my children than I would which is why there is no chance I will home school.

I don't think you really believe that. It's simply a matter of you not having time to spend educating your children. And I believe the statistics support the argument that home-schooled children are far more prepared for university than public school children. And that's with most of them being home-schooled by religious whackjobs rather than a sane person like yourself.
I do. I'm not a trained educational professional. Why would I be better at it than one? I don't think I'd fix my furnace better than Darkside or be a better lawyer than JLN so why would I think I could teach better than a trained professional?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
While obviously not a perfect analogy, it's not much different than a parent who doesn't "consent" to cancer treatments for a child and the court overrules them.

It's not even close to a good analogy. It's more like a parent refusing to consent to a child having Jeff Stryker use his penis enlargement device on his cock and a judge insisting the kid is entitled to go for the extra inch.

I think gender dysphoria is a real thing. I think it's such a new "acceptable" concept in society that many don't which causes these issues.

Still, when we are talking about someone who is nearly an adult able to make decisions for themselves we do treat them with slightly more ability to make their own decisions and I can bring up a lot of examples of that.

Ultimately, I hope the parents are happy they chose their church over their child.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next