It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This is some self-involved, WSI-Daver-era bullshit that needs to stop. This is a message board, people are going to converse. If you don't like the turn a thread has taken, don't read it. If you don't like watching posters tussle, put them on ignore (add them as a "foe" from their profile page) or just stop clicking on threads when they are the last reply.

Bitching about posts (whether volume or frequency or whatever) is some of the silliest, half-hearted virtue signalling crap to come out of the mouths of people here.

The threads/posters "mucking up the board" are actually the ones that are keeping it looking active, so shut the hell up if you don't want to read posts on a message board. Don't log on and go do whatever it is you do with your life.

Yes, the tone of this post given the topic is incredibly ironic.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Get rid of the "Save the USA" posts claiming the fall of western civilization is upon us because people just can't be as openly bigoted as they used to be too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:56 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
This is some self-involved, WSI-era bullshit that needs to stop. This is a message board, people are going to converse. If you don't like the turn a thread has taken, don't read it. If you don't like watching posters tussle, put them on ignore (add them as a "foe" from their profile page) or just stop clicking on threads when they are the last reply.

Bitching about posts (whether volume or frequency or whatever) is some of the silliest, half-hearted virtue signalling crap to come out of the mouths of people here.

The threads/posters "mucking up the board" are actually the ones that are keeping it looking active, so shut the hell up if you don't want to read posts on a message board. Don't log on and go do whatever it is you do with your life.

On this you and I agree. That is troublesome. It is a message board and the attempt to stifle the views of people that don't agree with you says more about you than it does the person you're disagreeing with. Its ironic that the same group attempting to muzzle will also be the ones professing an undying love for freedom of speech.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
This is some self-involved, WSI-era bullshit that needs to stop. This is a message board, people are going to converse. If you don't like the turn a thread has taken, don't read it. If you don't like watching posters tussle, put them on ignore (add them as a "foe" from their profile page) or just stop clicking on threads when they are the last reply.

On this you and I agree. That is troublesome. It is a message board and the attempt to stifle the views of people that don't agree with you says more about you than it does the person you're disagreeing with. Its ironic that the same group attempting to muzzle will also be the ones professing an undying love for freedom of speech.

I think there's a distinction to be made between telling a poster to shut up because they're wrong and telling a poster to shut up because "OMG SAVE THE BOARD".

Baby tells me to log off all the time (usually because he's wrong), but I don't recall him draping himself in the banner of the board to do so.

Also this is not a free speech issue. Whether telling a poster to shut up because they are wrong or to appeal to other posters, it is not hypocritical to then champion speech free from governmental influence or interference.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I think there's a distinction to be made between telling a poster to shut up because they're wrong and telling a poster to shut up because "OMG SAVE THE BOARD".

Baby tells me to log off all the time (usually because he's wrong), but I don't recall him draping himself in the banner of the board to do so.

Also this is not a free speech issue. Whether telling a poster to shut up because they are wrong or to appeal to other posters, it is not hypocritical to then champion speech free from governmental influence or interference.

I hope you aren't going to make it a semantics argument. If you attempt to muzzle what a person has to say simply because you are opposed to what they are saying then it is a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech doesn't always necessitate that the government be involved either. You're wrong on that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
15 pages.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
KDdidit wrote:
Get rid of the "Save the USA" posts claiming the fall of western civilization is upon us because people just can't be as openly bigoted as they used to be too.

Here we go. First libtards come for aur guns and now they coming for our bigitry.

You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm 

Why not just send spanky a PM?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: ok idiot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
KDdidit wrote:

:roll:

I thought the U.S. was openly racist now that they elected Trump. Isn't that contradictory?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
storkinastorm wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:roll:

I thought the U.S. was openly racist now that they elected Trump. Isn't that contradictory?

Don't look at me, I'm not the one that posted them.