It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Fucking pathetic

First they ignore the 20 calls they received prior to the shooting about Cruz

Second their fucking school resource officer is a total coward who bitches out and doesn't even enter the building

Third, they have the audacity to then blame lawful gun owners who stand-up for their rights in order to draw attention away from their countless fuck-ups

Meanwhile I've been told for the last 10-15 years that I don't need to own a gun because police will come to your rescue. :roll: The only way police are ever showing up is if I have an illegal plant or if they can fine me for something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Meanwhile I've been told for the last 10-15 years that I don't need to own a gun because police will come to your rescue. :roll:

:lol:

Yeah, it’s easy to rag on right wing nuts who want to arm every teacher in the country but this is brought up almost as often, if not more, and is even more stupid and worthy of mocking.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
That last sentence is interesting.
Can we trust help to arrive in time?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 pm 

Darkside wrote:

related to this subject, but SCOTUS ruled a little over a decade ago that police do not have an obligation to protect you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/polit ... otect.html

This wasn't even a new concept as such rulings date back to the 70s in lower courts in cases such as Warren v. District of Columbia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm 

Darkside wrote:

No. You said it correctly a few days ago, ideally your personal weapon is there to hold them off until police arrive.

If you’re depending on police to “save” you, you’re fucked more often than not by a large margin.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Meanwhile I've been told for the last 10-15 years that I don't need to own a gun because police will come to your rescue. :roll:

Yeah, it’s easy to rag on right wing nuts who want to arm every teacher in the country but this is brought up almost as often, if not more, and is even more stupid and worthy of mocking.

But they both rightly got it coming. Imo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

But they both rightly got it coming. Imo

Agreed. I’m all for mocking stupid thoughts, and I believe both qualify.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
This wasn't even a new concept as such rulings date back to the 70s in lower courts in cases such as Warren v. District of Columbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:

Give up your guns... Brick says “let’s assume they will”

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Meanwhile I've been told for the last 10-15 years that I don't need to own a gun because police will come to your rescue.
I don't think I have ever read this on the board. I cannot ever remember reading a serious post that said 'nobody should own a gun'.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Meanwhile I've been told for the last 10-15 years that I don't need to own a gun because police will come to your rescue.
I don't think I have ever read this on the board. I cannot ever remember reading a serious post that said 'nobody should own a gun'.

This board encapsulates the entire country's population?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Did I say that?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Second their fucking school resource officer is a total coward who bitches out and doesn't even enter the building

This is why the ARM THE TEACHERS! argument is so moronic. Some 23 year old fresh out of college making $35,000/year is not going to risk his/her life in an attempt to take down the shooter. I'd be jumping out the window the second the first bullet is fired. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This is why the ARM THE TEACHERS! argument is so moronic. Some 23 year old fresh out of college making $35,000/year is not going to risk his/her life in an attempt to take down the shooter. I'd be jumping out the window the second the first bullet is fired. Fuck that.

most of the kids are shitstains too. some of my teachers in HS i think would of started helping these psychopaths.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am 

To top it off, this Sheriff knew about the cowardice of his officers and their numerous screw-ups, but he held it until after he appeared on the CNN townhall so that he wouldn't have to answer any questions and could instead lash out on lawful gun owners. Fuck him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
They do have the one smoking hot deputy that was on that TLC show, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Big Chicagoan wrote:
They do have the one smoking hot deputy that was on that TLC show, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

If you’re thinking the teacher is going to hunt them down, you’re correct. However, if they are locked in a third floor classroom with their students, cowering under their desks, and the bad guy comes to the door—the teacher would likely shoot through the door back at him.

There would be varying degrees of efficacy, and I think packing heat should be voluntary.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Deputy in question has reportedly resigned, others being looked at for missing/ignoring warning signs.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 am 

Denied. They have been providing me entertainment since my teenage years by providing shows like Cops and Live PD access

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

If you’re thinking the teacher is going to hunt them down, you’re correct. However, if they are locked in a third floor classroom with their students, cowering under their desks, and the bad guy comes to the door—the teacher would likely shoot through the door back at him.

There would be varying degrees of efficacy, and I think packing heat should be voluntary.

If I'm on the third floor, I'm still jumping out the window. Pissant Jayden can fend for himself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Is the plan to criminalize being the weird kid at school? Every school, neighborhood I have been to, its pretty easy to see which people are off. Yet there are probably 1,000,000 off people in the country. Everyone can easily name 5 people from their high school that would be most likely. Yet in our case none of them actually did.

I did enjoy Trumps quote of hoping up to 40% of the teachers would be armed. I'm not sure I trusted 40% of my high school teachers to use metal forks, yet these people are now armed.

Now may be a good time to invest in the home school industry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Most school shootings are committed by current or former students. Is a teacher really just going to put down a former/current student like it's a rabid dog?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am 
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Most school shootings are committed by current or former students. Is a teacher really just going to put down a former/current student like it's a rabid dog?

Stop using facts and logic like that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am 

lawful gun owners, like nikolas cruz.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: My own
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

They wouldn't be able to. In that situation, they should, but a lot of studies show that actually pulling the trigger is very difficult.

Arming teachers is never going to happen, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am 

why don't we just reanimate charles bronson, clone him, and put one of him in every school? i think that'll probably be a more realistic option.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am 

No one on this board has seriously argued for actively arming teachers. I would however say it is fair to allow for a teacher who willingly volunteers and shows proficiency in firearms to have a CCW on campus.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 am 

It's pretty funny to see so many law and order types rail against this former first responder hero type(now retired) as a coward. Especially since so many of them vote based on a cowardly fear of....them :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
It's pretty funny to see so many law and order types rail against this former first responder hero type(now retired) as a coward. Especially since so many of them vote based on a cowardly fear of....them :wink:

What really pisses me off here is that police officers use the "just want to get home to my family" BS excuse when they kill some unarmed kid. Now they get to use that same damn excuse when they let someone waste 17 kids.

Have I mentioned I really hate police in this country?