It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:38 am 

....because they were "rushed out" after spending an hour and 45 minutes at their table.

For context: This awesome little bbq place is unique, you stand in line to order, wait about a minute and then get walked to your table where your order is usually already waiting for you. They have multiple signs up indicating that they are a "come, eat, and move on" place because they are a small space and there is usually a line of people waiting.

So, after an hour and 45 minutes, they were asked/hinted to finish up (as I have been asked/hinted after like 30 mins when it's super busy) and they claim racism. For good measure, they made up a lie about the guy removing them using a racial slur. (I cant prove it to you, but I know people over there and there is just no way THAT guy said THAT thing)

Anyway, great food, stop in if you're in Midlothian, just don't plan to stay all night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, awesome food. Great soup for a BBQ place too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm gonna wait for LTG and JLN to weigh in on this one before I make up my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
DID. NOT. HAPPEN!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
from their facebook site

Quote:
Enough is Enough. We will no longer attempt to be politically correct in this situation. This incident has incited death threats, arson threats, and shooting threats directed towards our business and employees.

We had to temporarily shut off our page to keep up with the comments to see what we are being accused of. We also went over our security camera footage to know for sure.

What happened : as usual we were extremely busy on a Saturday afternoon, and as most of our customers know, we not not encourage customers to stay for long periods of time. We do not regret this , we want every customer to know that.

With that being said, we had a group of customers come in who were extremely difficult from the moment they came in the door, they complained about everything from the volume on the televisions to what they ordered. Which is fine, as a business we understand small things can be overlooked and we want the customer to feel comfortable. Our manager was growing frustrated with this group when he noticed the children from the group were running through the restaurant, running into employees, other customers, and slapping our fish tank. When the manager approached the parents to ask if they would keep an eye on their children, they rolled their eyes and did nothing.

We’ve read multiple claims, but verify that this group had been in the establishment for 2 hours and 45 minutes. We had multiple families waiting for a table, so we did the exact same thing we always do, we go to the corresponding sized table for the future party and place a number, but we never told them they had to leave, although we meant to hint it. This is nothing new, all races have experienced this. It’s simply based off time stated when we are busy. We did it to 3 tables at that exact moment, but the family in mention felt it was a personal attack and began causing a scene. They yelled, claimed racism , and at this point had pushed our manager over the edge as to where he told them they had to leave. No racial slurs were used by our owners or employees, but we did have to remove another family for using a racial slur. So both families were kicked out , they did not “ see how we were treated and joined us in leaving”

The only thing we apologize for is kicking a family out, whether they deserved it or not.

Our goal is to bring our customers good food fast.

One more thing we apologize for is our message yesterday, we do not only see customers as money like was stated, what we meant was everybodies cash is green, why would we treat any customer negatively?

We are working towards finding a better way to discourage dining in for long periods of time, but our regular customers know we are not racist, we treat everybody like family, but being a south side family, we will not be walked on and have our kindness be taken as weakness.

You can choose to believe whoever you want, that is your right, but the death threats need to stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
....because they were "rushed out" after spending an hour and 45 minutes at their table.

For context: This awesome little bbq place is unique, you stand in line to order, wait about a minute and then get walked to your table where your order is usually already waiting for you. They have multiple signs up indicating that they are a "come, eat, and move on" place because they are a small space and there is usually a line of people waiting.

So, after an hour and 45 minutes, they were asked/hinted to finish up (as I have been asked/hinted after like 30 mins when it's super busy) and they claim racism. For good measure, they made up a lie about the guy removing them using a racial slur. (I cant prove it to you, but I know people over there and there is just no way THAT guy said THAT thing)

Anyway, great food, stop in if you're in Midlothian, just don't plan to stay all night.

Now apply this same logic to other situations and people you do not know.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Love Hog Wild!

Seriously, how long does it take to eat your barbecue? Eat and leave.

My only experience with Hog Wild was when I ordered food from there for my daughter's 1st birthday party. I did not have cash and did not know they didn't take a credit card. They took my info and said I could come back the next day and pay. Great food.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Wow. That was remarkably honest. It's hard to be honest like this with Americans today without them coming back at you with the media, parents, the dean, etc. Well, it's not hard to do this, but at this point you have to expect blowback. What a great response.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think it’s sort of impossible to use the logic of “I know this person and believe they wouldn’t have said that.” on someone you don’t know, ya know?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:00 pm 

Even if they did use a racial slur who could blame them at that point?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Years ago, when I discovered this place, they used to offer free slices of cake (honor system, 1 slice per person). At busy times, they would not offer the cake, just to keep the tables turning over.

It's an awesome restaurant...every time I've been there I've seen all races and do not believe that the employees/owners did anything racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think it’s sort of impossible to use the logic of “I know this person and believe they wouldn’t have said that.” on someone you don’t know, ya know?

Do you think the vast majority of business owners would target people to leave their business and use a racial slur while doing so?

It's like the coupon lady. Do you think they decided she's black she can't have a coupon, or they tried the coupon and it did not work. Then she caused a scene. What do you think is more likely?

That's how you play logic games in these cases. Rather than- black person. Must be racism.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
but being a south side family, we will not be walked on and have our kindness be taken as weakness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm gonna wait for LTG and JLN to weigh in on this one before I make up my mind.

pittmike can't wait that long for you to make up his mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
chaspoppcap wrote:
from their facebook site

Quote:
Enough is Enough. We will no longer attempt to be politically correct in this situation. This incident has incited death threats, arson threats, and shooting threats directed towards our business and employees.

We had to temporarily shut off our page to keep up with the comments to see what we are being accused of. We also went over our security camera footage to know for sure.

What happened : as usual we were extremely busy on a Saturday afternoon, and as most of our customers know, we not not encourage customers to stay for long periods of time. We do not regret this , we want every customer to know that.

With that being said, we had a group of customers come in who were extremely difficult from the moment they came in the door, they complained about everything from the volume on the televisions to what they ordered. Which is fine, as a business we understand small things can be overlooked and we want the customer to feel comfortable. Our manager was growing frustrated with this group when he noticed the children from the group were running through the restaurant, running into employees, other customers, and slapping our fish tank. When the manager approached the parents to ask if they would keep an eye on their children, they rolled their eyes and did nothing.

We’ve read multiple claims, but verify that this group had been in the establishment for 2 hours and 45 minutes. We had multiple families waiting for a table, so we did the exact same thing we always do, we go to the corresponding sized table for the future party and place a number, but we never told them they had to leave, although we meant to hint it. This is nothing new, all races have experienced this. It’s simply based off time stated when we are busy. We did it to 3 tables at that exact moment, but the family in mention felt it was a personal attack and began causing a scene. They yelled, claimed racism , and at this point had pushed our manager over the edge as to where he told them they had to leave. No racial slurs were used by our owners or employees, but we did have to remove another family for using a racial slur. So both families were kicked out , they did not “ see how we were treated and joined us in leaving”

The only thing we apologize for is kicking a family out, whether they deserved it or not.

Our goal is to bring our customers good food fast.

One more thing we apologize for is our message yesterday, we do not only see customers as money like was stated, what we meant was everybodies cash is green, why would we treat any customer negatively?

We are working towards finding a better way to discourage dining in for long periods of time, but our regular customers know we are not racist, we treat everybody like family, but being a south side family, we will not be walked on and have our kindness be taken as weakness.

You can choose to believe whoever you want, that is your right, but the death threats need to stop.

Do the customers, who apparently acted like ignorant jerks from the time they walked in, lied about the reasons they were asked to leave which resulted in death threats, arson threats, and shooting threats directed towards the business and its employees, face any repercussions? Sooner or later people who make the bullshit accusations are going to have to in order for it to stop happening so often.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tad Queasy wrote:

Do the customers, who apparently acted like ignorant jerks from the time they walked in, lied about the reasons they were asked to leave which resulted in death threats, arson threats, and shooting threats directed towards the business and its employees, face any repercussions? Sooner or later people who make the bullshit accusations are going to have to in order for it to stop happening so often.

It takes some balls to claim that the other family left in solidarity with you "due to how you were treated" when they were actually ejected by the restaurant for using racial slurs at you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm gonna guess the Hog Wild people are right in this instance. Why is it though that cops/firefighters so often just can't seem to refrain from expressing their racist views?:

Chicago Southland Police-Fire-News shared Hog Wild's post.
15 hrs ·
Wild Dinners | Race Card | Midlothian (IL) | Hog Wild | 14933 Pulaski Avenue | This family restaurant wants to provide their customers with a pleasant dining experience but that didn’t happen when a group of ruffians didn’t know how to act civilized Saturday afternoon. Of course you can’t tell them to knock it off or they will throw the race card and make death threats; if they want to act like barbarians they should dine in the South Side of Chicago where their rowdy behavior is acceptable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Looks like America or Elmhurst Steve chimed in. Except I don't think Steve knows how to spell "barbarian".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:03 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I always do, Chachi.

And I don't even know the guy. I just have a random unique in on this particular evening at Hog Wild.

Now you should stop assuming that anyone who has the radical belief that racism exists is a race card playing shyster.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm gonna guess the Hog Wild people are right in this instance. Why is it though that cops/firefighters so often just can't seem to refrain from expressing their racist views?:

Chicago Southland Police-Fire-News shared Hog Wild's post.
15 hrs ·
Wild Dinners | Race Card | Midlothian (IL) | Hog Wild | 14933 Pulaski Avenue | This family restaurant wants to provide their customers with a pleasant dining experience but that didn’t happen when a group of ruffians didn’t know how to act civilized Saturday afternoon. Of course you can’t tell them to knock it off or they will throw the race card and make death threats; if they want to act like barbarians they should dine in the South Side of Chicago where their rowdy behavior is acceptable.

Yep, probably 20% of the comments on the FB post are of that variety.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

pittmike can't wait that long for you to make up his mind.

WOW. Cracking the door open on the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hog Wild is awesome with GREAT customer service and very friendly staff.

I'm glad they tossed these pieces of shit on the street. I hope they didn't let them ride the parking lot shuttle.

As RPB said, the food is often on the table before you even sit down. No one should ever be there longer than a half hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
shakes wrote:
Hog Wild is awesome with GREAT customer service and very friendly staff.

I'm glad they tossed these pieces of shit on the street. I hope they didn't let them ride the parking lot shuttle.

As RPB said, the food is often on the table before you even sit down. No one should ever be there longer than a half hour.

Careful Shakes, you don't want to end up on the sidelines with Toxic Masculinity, do you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
a friends wife used to work there and based on her experience they do not have kind things to say about the owners.

as for this story, i'll side with ownership

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I always do, Chachi.

And I don't even know the guy. I just have a random unique in on this particular evening at Hog Wild.

Now you should stop assuming that anyone who has the radical belief that racism exists is a race card playing shyster.

This means nothing, and you are hardly the martyr for saying "racism exists". Quite the contrary actually.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I always do, Chachi.

This means nothing, and you are hardly the martyr for saying "racism exists". Quite the contrary actually.

First of all, you bolded half of a phrase, which is odd.

Secondly, the martyr term makes no sense at all.

Finally, whenever you want to debate a time I've called someone or thing racist unfairly, I am all ears.

I judge every situation on it's merit, unlike others who have a clear agenda in pushing or marginalizing racism.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:48 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Here is my "weigh in". Don't know that spot and particularly don't care. If you are looking for instances where blacks inappropriately holler racism I'm not going to deny it. It happens from time to time.

I will give you an example of a racist incident that happened to me since we are talking about "I know this could never happen" in Houston less than 2 years ago. I was down there for the Bears game and I was refused entry to pool party because they said that I wasn't "properly attired". I touched on this some time ago but it needs to be reiterated for people that provide customary cover for this sort of thing. I had on linen shorts Versace T shirt and sandals (slick) for a damn pool party where most of the people were in swimwear. The first time I attempted to enter they told me it was too early (3:00 P.M) and they only allow people in at that time if they are doing bottles/tables. I knew it was some bullshit but I asked the lady a time that I could return. She said 5:00 P.M. I later returned at 5 and then the guy says that I wasn't properly attired and thus he wouldn't allow me to enter. As I am standing outside of the place (Cle') guys are entering with Jorts, Tank tops, and fucking Air Jordans on.

I asked the guy about how the guys that just walked up were allowed in and he responded that it was the way that they were "wearing" the shit that they had on. I proceeded to editorialize for a bit then I told him to give me my money back as I'd pre paid online. Initially he said that I wasn't going to be allowed in and that I wasn't going to get my money back either. I told him that either I am going in or I'm getting a refund and you can call the police if you want because I'm not going anywhere. At that point I didn't give a shit about gaining entry as it was a matter of principal for me. eventually he let me in and I walked around for less than 2 minutes and left. I didn't want to be there at that point.

That is what racism looks like. This is what blacks have had to deal with for most if not all of our lives. For the most part we cope with it and move on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I always do, Chachi.

First of all, you bolded half of a phrase, which is odd.

Secondly, the martyr term makes no sense at all.

Finally, whenever you want to debate a time I've called someone or thing racist unfairly, I am all ears.

I judge every situation on it's merit, unlike others who have a clear agenda in pushing or marginalizing racism.

That's the part that where you are declaring yourself the martyr. Looking at a situation objectively is what I would ask people to do. Others would call it marginalizing racism.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

No, I have not declared or insinuated I'm a martyr in any way.

Im just a guy that knows actual racism and false claims of racism exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Here is my "weigh in". Don't know that spot and particularly don't care. If you are looking for instances where blacks inappropriately holler racism I'm not going to deny it. It happens from time to time.

I will give you an example of a racist incident that happened to me since we are talking about "I know this could never happen" in Houston less than 2 years ago. I was down there for the Bears game and I was refused entry to pool party because they said that I wasn't "properly attired". I touched on this some time ago but it needs to be reiterated for people that provide customary cover for this sort of thing. I had on linen shorts Versace T shirt and sandals (slick) for a damn pool party where most of the people were in swimwear. The first time I attempted to enter they told me it was too early (3:00 P.M) and they only allow people in at that time if they are doing bottles/tables. I knew it was some bullshit but I asked the lady a time that I could return. She said 5:00 P.M. I later returned at 5 and then the guy says that I wasn't properly attired and thus he wouldn't allow me to enter. As I am standing outside of the place (Cle') guys are entering with Jorts, Tank tops, and fucking Air Jordans on.

I asked the guy about how the guys that just walked up were allowed in and he responded that it was the way that they were "wearing" the shit that they had on. I proceeded to editorialize for a bit then I told him to give me my money back as I'd pre paid online. Initially he said that I wasn't going to be allowed in and that I wasn't going to get my money back either. I told him that either I am going in or I'm getting a refund and you can call the police if you want because I'm not going anywhere. At that point I didn't give a shit about gaining entry as it was a matter of principal for me. eventually he let me in and I walked around for less than 2 minutes and left. I didn't want to be there at that point.

That is what racism looks like. This is what blacks have had to deal with for most if not all of our lives. For the most part we cope with it and move on.

Maybe the guy was racist. I don't know. But I can tell you any number of stories where I was with a group of friends, and either was told I did not have on the right shoes to the the bar or I was told there was a line and waited there for at least an hour as VIPs like Jorr walked in like with large breasted 19-year-olds.

The Missing Link wrote: