It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Angel Hernandez
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Was just coming here to post the same thing. Fucking brutal. Yeah, lets worry about a pitcher with pine tar on his hat, but keep this jackass behind the plate calling balls and strikes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:05 am 

He has to be union protected, there is no way baseball doesn't want to get rid of this jackass for many reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 am 

:lol: that ball was almost half way into the batters box. The look on Posey's face is priceless

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is there ever a game he's working in which he doesn't have an awful call?
Just got one overturned in the first fucking inning and it wasn't particularly close.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I had to sit thru some Joe West bullshit yesterday. What a fat ass. Dude doesn't take any pride in his profession or himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Robo Tumps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1CEhc2AAs

this is a bad game even by angel hernandez standards... Kyle Schwarber's ejection was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Can't wait for Jomboy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:52 pm 

Thats pretty bad. But it's Angel. You have to know when he's an umpire in a game youre in that his calls will be terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
It's a good thing American Airlines does not protect its bad pilots the way MLB protects this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
can Elon musk buy him out ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
a genius wrote:
It's a good thing American Airlines does not protect its bad pilots the way MLB protects this guy.

what?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:11 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
a genius wrote:

what?

HE SAID IT'S A GOOD THING AMERICAN AIRLINES DOES NOT PROTECT ITS BAD PILOTS THE WAY MLB PROTECTS THIS GUY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
yeah, ok. i guess like the way kfc doesn't protect it's bad crinkly fry girls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:49 pm 

Do people order fries at KFC?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
not for nothing but while its clearly a ball and angel hernandez will likely be known as the worst up ever, schwarbs loves to get rung up while not swinging.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm 

billypootons wrote:

this is a bad game even by angel hernandez standards... Kyle Schwarber's ejection was hilarious.

I'm not losing any sleep over this. His calls led to a 2:49 game. Swing the damn bats and quit trying to work dull assed walks.

And I've liked Schwarber since he was at Bloomington.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Angel Hernandez sucks and doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, but based on those highlights, Schwarber absolutely should have been 100% ready for that pitch to be called a strike.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Regular Reader wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I'm not losing any sleep over this. His calls led to a 2:49 game. Swing the damn bats and quit trying to work dull assed walks.

And I've liked Schwarber since he was at Bloomington.

A 1-0 game still almost took 3 hours, yikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:23 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Angel Hernandez sucks and doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, but based on those highlights, Schwarber absolutely should have been 100% ready for that pitch to be called a strike.

I've had a long time beef with umpires who have their own strike zone. The whole "he's been calling that a strike the whole game" excuse doesn't fly with me. Why do I as a professional hitter, have to change my entire routine because the umpire refuses to be professional? That crap can have a hangover effect. Next thing you know, you're chasing for the entire series.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I've had a long time beef with umpires who have their own strike zone. The whole "he's been calling that a strike the whole game" excuse doesn't fly with me. Why do I as a professional hitter, have to change my entire routine because the umpire refuses to be professional? That crap can have a hangover effect. Next thing you know, you're chasing for the entire series.

Umpires shouldn't have their own strike zone, but... You can justifiably complain about it as a professional hitter all you want, but is it an "excuse" or a "fact?" When it's called a strike in the first inning and it's called a strike in the 9th inning (again, not that Angel Hernandez gets the benefit of the doubt, see the tweet), that's on you for not being professional enough to figure it out. If sports weren't up their own asses about the "human element" maybe we could have robo umps, but we don't because that's what MLB wants. Go collectively bargain for it or something.

Jomboy's breakdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPFERnpO-QQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:50 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Umpires shouldn't have their own strike zone, but... You can justifiably complain about it as a professional hitter all you want, but is it an "excuse" or a "fact?" When it's called a strike in the first inning and it's called a strike in the 9th inning (again, not that Angel Hernandez gets the benefit of the doubt, see the tweet), that's on you for not being professional enough to figure it out. If sports weren't up their own asses about the "human element" maybe we could have robo umps, but we don't because that's what MLB wants. Go collectively bargain for it or something.

I will say it used to be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3eK5gCChM

you couldn't hit that shit with a boat oar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:52 pm 

Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I will say it used to be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3eK5gCChM

Was that Eric Gregg?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
KDdidit wrote:
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I'm with you, but Angel Hernandez is consistently bad....this is a broader problem than one game and the players know this. MLB needs to do something about it. consistently bad doesn't excuse bad.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:51 am 

BigW72 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I'm with you, but Angel Hernandez is consistently bad....this is a broader problem than one game and the players know this. MLB needs to do something about it. consistently bad doesn't excuse bad.

What can MLB do when he is totally protected by his Union?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yeah it is easier to get rid of a killer cop or groomer teacher than it is a bad umpire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
I know they can't get rid of him, but they don't have to continue to give him postseason games and All Star games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:53 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I know they can't get rid of him, but they don't have to continue to give him postseason games and All Star games.

Do we know for sure that MLB is 100% responsible for those assignments?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hernandez is equally bad for both teams. He's not favoring one team over the other; so teams going into games with Hernandez behind the plate should realize they need to be ready to swing at pitches outside the zone, esp with 2 strikes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

That goes to Nardi's point above. Why should a hitter have to swing at obvious balls when only 1 umpire calls them strikes? They can see the same pitch 100 times in a row and only one ump will call it a strike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next