PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Here you go, Deacon.

Safe space to post your deleted thread.

Post subject: Re: Tom Ricketts
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Why is it so difficult to post that shit in Politics? Why the desire to piss all over the board when the majority of membership doesn't want this stuff?

Have you not noticed how many guys no longer post here and how many of us post much less frequently? Do you think there might be a cause and effect?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 pm 

Hey easy pal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why is it so difficult to post that shit in Politics? Why the desire to piss all over the board when the majority of membership doesn't want this stuff?

Have you not noticed how many guys no longer post here and how many of us post much less frequently? Do you think there might be a cause and effect?

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why is it so difficult to post that shit in Politics?

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=120931

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=122315

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=122345

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:15 am 
Site Admin

Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

First, I'll tell you my thinking on the particular topics you linked:

1) This is a Chicago-based message board. Lori Lightfoot is the mayor of Chicago. The thread is mainly about her coronavirus policies and how they affect all of us that live here. Is it "political"? I guess it is in that she's a politician, but it's not really a thread that has spiraled into the kind of annoying partisan squabbling that was the basis for the creation of the Politics section in the first place.

2) Obviously there are political elements to this one, but it's really about the media and censorship.

3) This one is about the most popular coach in Chicago Bears history, albeit about him weighing in on a politcial matter. But if we're going to move this to Politics, maybe the whole board should be moved to Politics.

With all of that said, I will make an offer. And you being who you are I am sure Seacrest will have zero issue with this. You are a stalwart poster of this board, a very reasonable person, and quite well-liked. If you would like to take over moderation and making these decisions, you're welcome to give it a shot. I think you'll quickly see what a royal pain in the balls some guys are, if you didn't know already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:20 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Deacon is just like all the other dorks trying to inject politics in sports. GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF MY ENTERTAINMENT!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:28 am 
Site Admin

blackhawksfan wrote:
Deacon is just like all the other dorks trying to inject politics in sports. GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF MY ENTERTAINMENT!

I think the issue is a lot bigger than one guy.

But I will say that whoever Deacon Blues is, he's been around since 2006. He certainly understands the board's culture. When he decided to post what was obviously a purely political topic on the main board rather than in the Political Section, I deleted it. So what did he do? He immediately reposted it. Anyone who thinks that makes him a hero rather than a jerkoff purposely trying to piss on the board or to antagonize those of us performing very limited moderation of the board can fuck right off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
People stop posting for a lot of reasons. Political posts seem to always be at the top of the list. When I hid the politics section to appease many of our long time and respected members, non political posts didn't increase. MANY who complained about political posts dominating "view active topics" were camped out in the hidden politics section. I would literally move any thread that became political, but it didn't change the participation rate for those posters who frequently/rightly complained. Just proves that you should get commitments before make changes.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
With all of that said, I will make an offer. And you being who you are I am sure Seacrest will have zero issue with this. You are a stalwart poster of this board, a very reasonable person, and quite well-liked. If you would like to take over moderation and making these decisions, you're welcome to give it a shot. I think you'll quickly see what a royal pain in the balls some guys are, if you didn't know already.

Hell, no. That's a thankless job.

I was just trying to show that there are multiple threads that could be put in politics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I was hoping you would be the one Matt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Some people are afraid their post won't get noticed in Politics. It's just like people who post *sigh* on Facebook. They are just looking for attention. It's sad really.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I was going to put him to work immediately and tell me how to post a damn avatar that fits the parameters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
Some people are afraid their post won't get noticed in Politics. It's just like people who post *sigh* on Facebook. They are just looking for attention. It's sad really.

And some people are afraid they won't get noticed so they criticize. They need attention too. Just like SJW types all over twitter..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:14 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I was going to put him to work immediately and tell me how to post a damn avatar that fits the parameters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
People stop posting for a lot of reasons. Political posts seem to always be at the top of the list. When I hid the politics section to appease many of our long time and respected members, non political posts didn't increase. MANY who complained about political posts dominating "view active topics" were camped out in the hidden politics section. I would literally move any thread that became political, but it didn't change the participation rate for those posters who frequently/rightly complained. Just proves that you should get commitments before make changes.

The board was able to breathe for the first time in years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:04 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

1) This is a Chicago-based message board. Lori Lightfoot is the mayor of Chicago. The thread is mainly about her coronavirus policies and how they affect all of us that live here. Is it "political"? I guess it is in that she's a politician, but it's not really a thread that has spiraled into the kind of annoying partisan squabbling that was the basis for the creation of the Politics section in the first place.

2) Obviously there are political elements to this one, but it's really about the media and censorship.

3) This one is about the most popular coach in Chicago Bears history, albeit about him weighing in on a politcial matter. But if we're going to move this to Politics, maybe the whole board should be moved to Politics.

Or could it be that Liberal bashing is much more agreeable than Conservative bashing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:

Yup. Basically what it boils down to

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Or could it be that Liberal bashing is much more agreeable than Conservative bashing?

Unfortunately this. Imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Yup. Basically what it boils down to

Hawaii You is afraid to post, and yet his oral diarrhea is everywhere. Imagine if he wasn’t afraid...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Unfortunately this. Imo.

If that were the case 99% of your posts would be moved to Politics. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:51 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
If that were the case 99% of your posts would be moved to Politics. :lol:

don't say that word "case" right now. So triggering.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Happened to speak with Ricketts for a few minutes last night at the Chicago Sports Hall of Fame 2022 Induction ceremony. It was more of a threeway ( :wink: ) with a guy who is involved with the Nascar race coming to Lake Shore Drive. Ricketts mentioned that he stayed in a villa overseeing the Miami Grand Prix race earlier this year, and complained about the cost: "I'm a one-percenter and even I thought it was outrageous." :lol: Nice that he is embracing his silver spoon status.

As for the ceremony, the best speech was former Bear Dan Neal. Urlacher was kind of a let-down, though somewhat expected as he was never a great communicator. His best line joked about all of the Restore billboards on the Tri-State.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
There was a piece on channel 11 years back about Urlacher pre lawsuit(s) days. It was memorable how unpretentious he was. Everybody knew him at Target where he bought his many boxes of cereal he ate for even supper a lot. I got to believe the lawsuit(s) years took their toll. She was hitting the festivals here much afterwards and definitely turning some heads.

I'm hoping Rickets has a hunger to win which is up for debate. Not a fan of his organizational cup half full bs mandated.

Dan Neal is an under appreciated Bear great lineman rarely mentioned except by his ex teammates.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:17 am 

Dan Neal was average at best. And really a scrub. Probably couldn't hold Noah Jackson's jock.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:32 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Here was Neal (2:46:36): https://youtu.be/fGBAR3VcrRw?t=9996

(His reference at the start was Marcus Allen, who was inducted but did not show up, and whose video tribute malfunctioned.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:41 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Dan Neal is the only ex Mike Ditka player to coach under him if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Ricketts mentioned that he stayed in a villa overseeing the Miami Grand Prix race earlier this year, and complained about the cost: "I'm a one-percenter and even I thought it was outrageous." :lol: Nice that he is embracing his silver spoon status.

deni$ vibes