It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: LeBron
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
That's not a great photo to be in for sure. If LeBron wants to say "Jerry Jones is a racist" then why not just do that?

People change after 70 years.
That's what I just don't understand about LeBron's issue. He could make it a big deal. He has for plenty of other stuff.

If the idea is that Jones changed from 70 years ago it also doesn't really make for a national news story for more than a day or so.

LeBron likes Jerry Jones. LeBron knows Jerry Jones isn't the same kid who was in that picture. LeBron took a lot of heat for being critical of Kyrie from a loud and ignorant segment of the black community. LeBron is trying to save face.

Didn't LeBron mostly defend Kyrie? It was basically "He apologized. Move on."

That was after his initial criticism. That was his first attempt at saving face.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Caller Bob wrote:
The guy with the cigarette in his mouth is Pete Buttigieg's father.

could be vito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The guy with the cigarette in his mouth is Pete Buttigieg's father.

could be vito

No, that guy is standing upright and appears to have teeth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
That's not a great photo to be in for sure. If LeBron wants to say "Jerry Jones is a racist" then why not just do that?

That's what I just don't understand about LeBron's issue. He could make it a big deal. He has for plenty of other stuff.

If the idea is that Jones changed from 70 years ago it also doesn't really make for a national news story for more than a day or so.

LeBron likes Jerry Jones. LeBron knows Jerry Jones isn't the same kid who was in that picture. LeBron took a lot of heat for being critical of Kyrie from a loud and ignorant segment of the black community. LeBron is trying to save face.

Didn't LeBron mostly defend Kyrie? It was basically "He apologized. Move on."

That was after his initial criticism. That was his first attempt at saving face.

That makes sense. When I was watching OANN all day every day they made it seem like LeBron just defended Kyrie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I thought Lebron broke bad on Jerruh when Jones wasn’t supportive of not-at-all-disrespectful flag kneeling.

If memory serves, he renounced his long held, deep affection for the Cowboys as a result.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Andy Warhol also in attendance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
What was with LeBron's strange rant about Jerry Jones? He has never shied away from talking about any topic he wants but he wanted a reporter to ask him about a decades old photo that is proof only that Jerry Jones lived during segregation and witnessed it? Jones already gave an average enough answer to make it not a big story. Most people Jones age were probably near some type of segregation.

Is he just really bothered that he was asked questions about Kyrie and he had nothing but strange answers?

WHATABOUTBRETTFAVRETOO !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Really neither did Kyrie, but that didn’t prevent editors and journalists taking their cues from the idiots on Twitter making his drivel a front page story for three weeks. Or that same crowd haranguing LeBron on a variety of occasions about other social issues when similar issues were raised.

No, the picture isn’t an issue, but allowing Jones with his history of curious remarks to get a pass with a mealy mouthed statement is a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:01 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Really neither did Kyrie, but that didn’t prevent editors and journalists taking their cues from the idiots on Twitter making his drivel a front page story for three weeks. Or that same crowd haranguing LeBron on a variety of occasions about other social issues when similar issues were raised.
I think LeBron is more than happy to answer just about any social issue except for China.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:18 pm 

Brick wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
I think LeBron is more than happy to answer just about any social issue except for China.

Agreed. And ordinarily the reporters and editors have weeks of questions to be printed above the fold and broadcast in the “a” block. But not here, with no questions asked of his fellow owners who shared his other pronouncements. No heat, no persistence, no sensationalism. Why?

And it’s on display because he’s never hired a Black HC or coordinator in 30+ years of team ownership.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Now I know what Kaner will look like at 85 years old.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:55 am 

I just think it's funny that he's balding and really cares about it even as an internationally famous, billionaire athlete.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I just think it's funny that he's balding and really cares about it even as an internationally famous, billionaire athlete.

We both know people with hair plugs, rugs, shoe polish, and dye on their heads. Insecurities don't disappear with money. It is funny that he gets more crap for his hair plugs than he would ever get if he shaved it off 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

We both know people with hair plugs, rugs, shoe polish, and dye on their heads. Insecurities don't disappear with money. It is funny that he gets more crap for his hair plugs than he would ever get if he shaved it off 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That may be the worst case I've seen.

Reverend Daniel Henton was the first guy I saw with polish as a kid. The problem is he used to sweat a lot. It would run down his face during service. My brother and I cried laughing just about every week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Carlos Boozer, aka the consolation prize of 2010. "World class city" indeed.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That may be the worst case I've seen.

Reverend Daniel Henton was the first guy I saw with polish as a kid. The problem is he used to sweat a lot. It would run down his face during service. My brother and I cried laughing just about every week.

When I was in my late 20's I allowed my ex and my barber to talk me into putting that shit into my head. Went in for a haircut and next thing I know the "stylist" was rinsing my head with that stuff. Off course as soon as I took a shower that shit was all over bathtub. :lol: :lol: :lol: Never again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If a white guy did that he would be cancelled unless he was Ted Danson.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 am 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If a white guy did that he would be cancelled unless he was Ted Danson.

That’s how they got Giuliani.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Shaving your entire head is a pain in the ass. I'd rather catch shit for the plugs, honestly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16