pizza_Place: It's gone
He's calmed down now after Trump left.

Post subject: Re: Don Lemon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
What did he do?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I really dislike his presentation style. Every utterance and look just drips with disdain.

He even takes uncomfortably long pauses to let the viewer’s shame set in.

He seems to be a very unhappy person.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:47 am 

I sampled CNN in long form for really the first time early in this pandemic. That shit steals your soul, same with all the entertainment shows on the 24 hour news stations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I sampled CNN in long form for really the first time early in this pandemic. That shit steals your soul, same with all the entertainment shows on the 24 hour news stations.

I think people who watch cable news channels are the most self loathing people on planet earth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:10 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think people who watch cable news channels are the most self loathing people on planet earth.

It seems like no one will admit watching them. Every political argument goes like this

That's just what (insert cable news channel) tells you to think!

I dont watch any of the networks!

Someone is watching them, though.

The only exposure I get is CNBC and Bloomberg at work, but the tv is on other side of the room, so I dont really even consume that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It seems like no one will admit watching them. Every political argument goes like this

The only exposure I get is CNBC and Bloomberg at work, but the tv is on other side of the room, so I dont really even consume that.

they all have pretty low ratings relative to other entertainment shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:14 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I watch both sides just to get a pulse on both extremes. Like the border thing, no, Mexicans probably won't be invading your home and raping you tomorrow like Hannity says, but CNN won't even cover it...so the truth probably is somewhere in the middle....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:17 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I watch both sides just to get a pulse on both extremes. Like the border thing, no, Mexicans probably won't be invading your home and raping you tomorrow like Hannity says, but CNN won't even cover it...so the truth probably is somewhere in the middle....

Agreed. That's all you can do. Try to consume stuff from both sides and usually the truth is somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:25 am 

Unless there is some kind of breaking news, I don't watch any of the news channels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed. That's all you can do. Try to consume stuff from both sides and usually the truth is somewhere in between.

There are more than two sides to most issues, especially given that both parties are owned by big business and operate within the narrow ideological constraints of the neoliberal paradigm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There are more than two sides to most issues, especially given that both parties are owned by big business and operate within the narrow ideological constraints of the neoliberal paradigm.

And the other sides are rarely covered because big business owns and operates MANY of these outlets.

The two sided paradigm purposely keeps people pointing fingers at each other deflecting attention from any other point of view as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Sounds like you two are pretty sour on Lemon.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's true but the majority of media falls into one of the two main sides

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I really dislike his presentation style. Every utterance and look just drips with disdain.

His transformation--from a rather goofy, youthful-looking 48-year-old to an old-looking frown bot who repeatedly fumbles his attempts to appear wise--happened relatively quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Don Lemon has always been a clown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i keep cnbc on most days, but i check foxnews and cnn websites each probably 2 times a day. its pretty amazing how different they are in their coverage. foxnews right now - still on megan merkle...scroll down to see anything regarding stimulus. on cnn. stimulus front and center. 9 mo ago? stimulus front and center on fox. covid doom and gloom on cnn.

i couldn't imagine spending more than a bit of time watchng one of these channels in the evening or at any time for longer than a half hour.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Sounds like he went to the Illinois School of Broadcasting during the Bernstein and Goff years.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

Right, but if one doctor tells you he's gonna give you heart surgery and another tells you he's gonna give you brain surgery but all you need is some foot powder, the truth doesn't lie "somewhere in between".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Right, but if one doctor tells you he's gonna give you heart surgery and another tells you he's gonna give you brain surgery but all you need is some foot powder, the truth doesn't lie "somewhere in between".

TM.....that about sums it up.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nomination denied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khv59U-kqWc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I liked how he called out celebrities during last summer's riots. But he tends to be sometimes divisive on purpose.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've always hated him.

I hate the guy that's opposite him on MSNBC. Just a little bit less. So normally I skip the news hour at 9pm unless there is some big news of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Don Lemon has always been a clown

"Was it possible that a black hole engulfed the plane?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:14 pm 

Don Limone got owned last night

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

I like how she made it seem as though the British aristocracy didn't benefit from slavery.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
If the English monarchy legitimized the idea of reparations, they’d owe almost literally everybody in the world money.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants