It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:47 am 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Guns seem pretty unsafe if you can't even trust what is almost certainly an unloaded gun to not kill someone.

Don't be an idiot.

I mean I'm sure the gun being brought into the courtroom was checked 10 times to make sure there were no live rounds in it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Guns seem pretty unsafe if you can't even trust what is almost certainly an unloaded gun to not kill someone.

Don't be an idiot.

I mean I'm sure the gun being brought into the courtroom was checked 10 times to make sure there were no live rounds in it.

How do you not get this? Or you just fucking around?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:57 am 

it looks like a scene ripped straight from Reno911 and he thinks its normal :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:13 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:

Don't be an idiot.

I'm just pointing out the fact that a gun that everyone knows is empty and has been checked multiple times still can't be trusted to not kill someone.

I get the reason for the policy of never pointing a gun at someone at any time but it's also interesting that if you checked the gun for being empty and I checked the gun for being empty it would still be too dangerous to have it pointed in my general direction.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
that sounds like a people problem as much as a gun problem. who among us has not gotten out of bed 5 minutes after laying down for a nap to double-check they turned off the burner on the gas stove? A burner we earlier automatically turned all the way off while lifting the hot pan off the stove to plate our dinner without even thinking about what we were doing.

Muscle-memory powerful and can be dangerous but necessary to get through life.

Not pointing an unloaded gun at someone is as much about muscle-memory--there's a weapon in my hands, my brain should always treat it as loaded because we humans do things on auto-pilot all the time. and our auto-pilot should be trained to feel and see a weapon in our mitts and never ever point it at anything you don't want to enjoy for dinner later on--as because the current weapon we are holding is or is not loaded.

That state of the weapon being loaded or unloaded is irrelevant to how we handle it and train ourselves to handle it--that it's a weapon at all is all our brains should grok and the do not point the business end of the thing currently in my hands at anyone algorithm takes over. Humans can't run different algos based on whether or not the weapon is loaded--we're not that capable of processors and glitchy AF. Give us a bike, we're gonna ride it the same way every time. The same should be true of a gun--one set of rules for handling a gun whether loaded or unloaded should live in our brains.

If we're handling weapons regularly or at all, odds are the next weapon we handle while watching Gunsmoke or trying to replicate a Peter North's greatest shots clip on xhamster or talking to police about the noise complaint may well be loaded.

Last edited by Hussra on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:40 pm 

Sounds like it would be hard to be an actor who has to point unloaded guns at people.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:42 pm 

that's why a lot of people after Alec Baldwin shot and killed the photography chick questioned why he was ever pointing any gun--loaded or unloaded, blanks or dummy or live rounds--at anyone in the first place. if only Baldwin had followed the basic, immutable rules of safe-gun handling and not directed the muzzle in her direction or toward anyone Baldwin wasn't intending to kill dead, Halyna Hutchins would still be alive today and Rust would've already gone straight to VOD.

It's also why they have (well, tried to have) rules about "no live rounds on set'--but, again, glitchy humans involved, so you get what happened on the Rust set...don't point guns at living things you don't intend to kill and eat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
Sounds like it would be hard to be an actor who has to point unloaded guns at people.

Douchebag wrote:
That's literally the point of the entire trial.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:18 pm 

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:

Don't be an idiot.

I'm just pointing out the fact that a gun that everyone knows is empty and has been checked multiple times still can't be trusted to not kill someone.

I get the reason for the policy of never pointing a gun at someone at any time but it's also interesting that if you checked the gun for being empty and I checked the gun for being empty it would still be too dangerous to have it pointed in my general direction.

Still not getting it. Use your brain power for reasoning rather than arguing for no reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Left will always eat their own, always!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats like a female ltg.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:
The Left will always eat their own, always!
Oblivious Bob strikes again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:

Don't be an idiot.

It's pretty obvious that you don't or you wouldn't be saying this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 pm 

Always Be Closing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Crackhead Barney is something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm 

The point is that if the rules are followed each and every time no matter how sure you are someone else did it for you and did it correctly, no one gets hurt. And people that don't follow the basic rules to me stick out like a sore thumb and thus have no credibility on the issue. "I didn't know it was loaded" is probably the stupidest thing any human being can possibly say. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
The point is that if the rules are followed each and every time no matter how sure you are someone else did it for you and did it correctly, no one gets hurt. And people that don't follow the basic rules to me stick out like a sore thumb and thus have no credibility on the issue. "I didn't know it was loaded" is probably the stupidest thing any human being can possibly say. Seriously.

Top ten stupidest things that can be said…light ‘em up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:05 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Top ten stupidest things that can be said…light ‘em up.

"I drank what?"
-Socrates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 am 

Darkside wrote:

Well, the point at least in regards to Alec Baldwin, is that in the context of his job as an actor he has to point guns in the direction of people. If a gun that is checked by everyone is still way too dangerous to point at another person then can we really blame him when he is doing his job in pointing it in the general direction of people ends up killing someone? This isn't someone coming to his house and he is waving a gun around and it goes off and kills someone. Every actor that uses guns has to violate the very rule that was so important that a gun everyone knew in court had no bullets in it went nuts about.

Again, you are a very experienced gun owner. If you checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, and then I checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, it would still be too dangerous for you, a very experienced gun owner, to point it in my general direction. I'm not saying it's a bad rule. It makes sense. But in terms of an actor that not only at some point needs to point a gun at another actor, but also has a bunch of people standing around as they film a movie, can we really put the blame on the actor that was under the impression not only was the gun not loaded but bullets aren't even anywhere on the set.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Well, the point at least in regards to Alec Baldwin, is that in the context of his job as an actor he has to point guns in the direction of people. If a gun that is checked by everyone is still way too dangerous to point at another person then can we really blame him when he is doing his job in pointing it in the general direction of people ends up killing someone? This isn't someone coming to his house and he is waving a gun around and it goes off and kills someone. Every actor that uses guns has to violate the very rule that was so important that a gun everyone knew in court had no bullets in it went nuts about.

Again, you are a very experienced gun owner. If you checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, and then I checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, it would still be too dangerous for you, a very experienced gun owner, to point it in my general direction. I'm not saying it's a bad rule. It makes sense. But in terms of an actor that not only at some point needs to point a gun at another actor, but also has a bunch of people standing around as they film a movie, can we really put the blame on the actor that was under the impression not only was the gun not loaded but bullets aren't even anywhere on the set.

Makes sense to me. What do you think the odds are the courtroom gun was loaded? 1 in a quadrillion? Listen, I understand the routines of gun safety should be meticulously followed, but the freakout shows me something else also. The "Oh My God, you pointed a unloaded gun in the general direction of the judge accidentally" tells me something. If what it tells me is stupid, so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:

There are bullets on the set. The gun was loaded. He knew that.

That's not why Baldwin is on trial.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 am 

Bullets were not allowed to be on set. He had no reason to think the gun had real bullets in it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 am 

Alexander Rae Baldwin III in his role as a (and even the) producer of Rust signed off on hiring a sloppy 22 year old egirl/former findom model/obvious-blatant dope smoker to be his on-set armorer.

And even if he wasn't involved in the hiring decision, first time she stumbled stoned around set superman ice-cream hair blowing in the wind sporting an untucked Misfits t-shirt tripping over her untied mismatched combat boots waving the barrels of weapons at men, women and children on the way to handing Baldwin a hopefully not loaded gun he should've fired her ass on the spot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Bullets were not allowed to be on set. He had no reason to think the gun had real bullets in it.

Blanks are real bullets. And are allowed on every set.

And blanks have killed at least one actor who had some of the same misunderstandings about gun safety that you have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:

Blanks are real bullets. And are allowed on every set.

And blanks have killed at least one actor who had some of the same misunderstandings about gun safety that you have.

Blanks aren't real bullets. That is why they are called blanks. If you want to say they are a type of bullet that is like saying a plastic knife is also a knife. It just removes any value to the definition if you include one designed to not kill and one designed to kill as the same thing.

Normal bullets are banned from movie sets for obvious reasons.

Accidents do happen on movie sets. I am sure a blank has had an accident too.

I don't have a misunderstanding of gun safety on a movie set. Actors have to point guns in the general direction of people to do their job. That's why there are special rules in place to make sure that those guns are not even in the same area as normal bullets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am 
Site Admin

And the misunderstandings about gun safety continue.

Brick's gonna Brick!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:57 am 

Seacrest wrote:

Brick's gonna Brick!!

I get it. You are trying to walk back the idea that real bullets are allowed on movie sets.

But I'm going to need some actual counterargument from you on this to continue. You can start with arguing that actors, in the course of their work, don't actually ever point a gun in the direction of others.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Brick's gonna Brick!!

I get it. You are trying to walk back the idea that real bullets are allowed on movie sets.

But I'm going to need some actual counterargument from you on this to continue. You can start with arguing that actors, in the course of their work, don't actually ever point a gun in the direction of others.

Your strawman is all yours.

Blanks are still projectiles that can kill if fired at close range.

Jon-Erik Hexums is an example of it happening on a movie set.

Keep Brickin'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Brick's gonna Brick!!

Keep Brickin'

He wasn't killed by a projectile. He was killed by the blunt force trauma of the blank that he had put directly up to his head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Brick's gonna Brick!!

Keep Brickin'

He wasn't killed by a projectile. He was killed by the blunt force trauma of the blank that he had put directly up to his head.

"He wasn't killed by the blank, he was killed by the damage the blank did to his head."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next