It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 am 

Seacrest said he was killed by a projectile from the blank. That is not correct. It's a valid distinction when talking about a blank killing another person. The incident he is referencing only killed him because he put the gun up directly to his head and the force of the explosion pushed a portion of his own skull into his brain.

If Baldwin had put the gun on her head and pulled the trigger then it would be relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
Seacrest said he was killed by a projectile from the blank. That is not correct. It's a valid distinction when talking about a blank killing another person. The incident he is referencing only killed him because he put the gun up directly to his head and the force of the explosion pushed a portion of his own skull into his brain.

If Baldwin had put the gun on her head and pulled the trigger then it would be relevant.

The "wad" of the blank could certainly be called a projectile if it is not consumed by the blast. This would be different than a bullet's usual projectile but a projectile nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 am 

pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

The "wad" of the blank could certainly be called a projectile if it is not consumed by the blast. This would be different than a bullet's usual projectile but a projectile nonetheless.

Are you referring to the specific case that Seacrest mentioned? If so, that is not what happened. He was killed by the blast and not a projectile. It was his own skull that caused the brain injury that killed him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

Are you referring to the specific case that Seacrest mentioned? If so, that is not what happened. He was killed by the blast and not a projectile. It was his own skull that caused the brain injury that killed him.

I did not look that instance up. Just providing wad information.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

We need more skull control laws!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:26 am 

pittmike wrote:

Just providing wad information.

that belongs in CUM TOWN.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
https://www.theonion.com/gaywads-dorkwa ... 1819565037

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
man of few opinions wrote:
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
And the misunderstandings about gun safety continue.

Brick's gonna Brick!!

I get it. You are trying to walk back the idea that real bullets are allowed on movie sets.

But I'm going to need some actual counterargument from you on this to continue. You can start with arguing that actors, in the course of their work, don't actually ever point a gun in the direction of others.

Your strawman is all yours.

Blanks are still projectiles that can kill if fired at close range.

Jon-Erik Hexums is an example of it happening on a movie set.

Keep Brickin'

He wasn't killed by a projectile. He was killed by the blunt force trauma of the blank that he had put directly up to his head.

"He wasn't killed by the blank, he was killed by the damage the blank did to his head."

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I thought Seacrest was referring to Brandon Lee. Hexum was unbelievably hot. Thank you for bringing him up I'll be wasting time google image searching him for the next few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Guns don’t kill people, blanks kill people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
The point is that if the rules are followed each and every time no matter how sure you are someone else did it for you and did it correctly, no one gets hurt. And people that don't follow the basic rules to me stick out like a sore thumb and thus have no credibility on the issue. "I didn't know it was loaded" is probably the stupidest thing any human being can possibly say. Seriously.

Well, the point at least in regards to Alec Baldwin, is that in the context of his job as an actor he has to point guns in the direction of people. If a gun that is checked by everyone is still way too dangerous to point at another person then can we really blame him when he is doing his job in pointing it in the general direction of people ends up killing someone? This isn't someone coming to his house and he is waving a gun around and it goes off and kills someone. Every actor that uses guns has to violate the very rule that was so important that a gun everyone knew in court had no bullets in it went nuts about.

Again, you are a very experienced gun owner. If you checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, and then I checked the gun and verified it was completely empty of things that could kill me, it would still be too dangerous for you, a very experienced gun owner, to point it in my general direction. I'm not saying it's a bad rule. It makes sense. But in terms of an actor that not only at some point needs to point a gun at another actor, but also has a bunch of people standing around as they film a movie, can we really put the blame on the actor that was under the impression not only was the gun not loaded but bullets aren't even anywhere on the set.

The context of this sidebar was the "expert" on the witness stand, not Baldwin. The point being, when anyone hands you or you handle any gun, you must physically inspect it or cycle the action to ensure its safety. If an expert is on the stand and doesn't follow those rules it's hard to believe in his credentials.
Of course an actor will break the rules on stage or on set.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Bullets were not allowed to be on set. He had no reason to think the gun had real bullets in it.

Blanks are real bullets. And are allowed on every set.

And blanks have killed at least one actor who had some of the same misunderstandings about gun safety that you have.

Yeah you kinda lost steam on this one. Blanks are not bullets dude.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Blanks are real bullets.
Did Caller Bob steal your login

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:39 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Guns don’t kill people, blanks kill people.

Billy Blanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am 

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Brick wrote:
Bullets were not allowed to be on set. He had no reason to think the gun had real bullets in it.

Blanks are real bullets. And are allowed on every set.

And blanks have killed at least one actor who had some of the same misunderstandings about gun safety that you have.

Yeah you kinda lost steam on this one. Blanks are not bullets dude.

Would Seacrest preferred to be shot with a bullet or a blank? Just asking questions...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
After 16 kids, I think Nas is now shooting blanks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18