It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:22 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Right, because Alec Baldwin is the first person ever in America to have a clean record (to my knowledge) and take a plea deal with a slap on the wrist for something that seems to have been a complete accident.

That’s one of my points, it’s a complete waste of time.

Pointing a real gun at someone and pulling the trigger without checking if it's loaded first isn't an accident. It's negligence at best. Gross negligence if you ask me. I'm glad they are trying to hold him accountable for something. Maybe it will stop it from happening again.

It seems a little different because on a movie set it's not negligent to point a gun in the direction of another person but it would be in pretty much any other situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:25 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Right, because Alec Baldwin is the first person ever in America to have a clean record (to my knowledge) and take a plea deal with a slap on the wrist for something that seems to have been a complete accident.

Pointing a real gun at someone and pulling the trigger without checking if it's loaded first isn't an accident. It's negligence at best. Gross negligence if you ask me. I'm glad they are trying to hold him accountable for something. Maybe it will stop it from happening again.

That it sadly happened will do more to stop the movie set negligence than this waste of time. Hasn’t the woman’s family already settled this out?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:34 pm 

People thought it wouldn’t happen again after Brandon Lee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Brick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It seems a little different because on a movie set it's not negligent to point a gun in the direction of another person but it would be in pretty much any other situation.

I like how you ignored the rest. Without making sure it isn't loaded first and pulling the trigger is negligent in any setting. And I don't care who told him what. He's ultimately responsible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
There zero chance he sees the inside of a jail cell.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Franky T wrote:
I like how you ignored the rest. Without making sure it isn't loaded first and pulling the trigger is negligent in any setting. And I don't care who told him what. He's ultimately responsible.

He’s been pretty outspoken against gun rights and owners. Crazy how little he knows and what occurred by ignoring the 4 basic gun safety guidelines that anybody that handles a gun should know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

He’s been pretty outspoken against gun rights and owners. Crazy how little he knows and what occurred by ignoring the 4 basic gun safety guidelines that anybody that handles a gun should know.
And there it is. hE's A lIb WhO mAdE fUn oF tRuMp !!!

There's a lot of things to rail on the justice system for. This would be miles down the list. I don't think he should spend years in jail, but he will be held accountable. The woman's family settling or not settling is irrelevant to a criminal proceeding.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
There zero chance he sees the inside of a jail cell.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:30 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Brick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don’t really disagree with you, but if the woman’s family has already settled over the last 15 months and he’ll plea out for nothing, aside from grandstanding, what gets accomplished? It’s not even newsworthy anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

There's a lot of things to rail on the justice system for. This would be miles down the list. I don't think he should spend years in jail, but he will be held accountable. The woman's family settling or not settling is irrelevant to a criminal proceeding.

And there nothing is...unless it is you showing the world what a complete buffoon you are.

I've always found Baldwin attractive, funny, and a good actor. He is also a crazy leftist nut job who is a long time gun control advocate. If guns were so serious and dangerous he wouldn't be pointing them at people on the sets of movies. Not only did he pull the trigger but he was also the producer and bears the responsibility of overseeing safety issues on set. He tried to file an arbitration demand claiming it that it wasn't his responsibility to check the gun for live ammunition. He's tried to take no responsibility at all for it, it might have been better to just keep his mouth shut.

If he followed any of the 4 basic gun safety rules this wouldn't have occurred. If you are handling a gun you are suppose to 1) treat it as if it is loaded even if you have checked that it is not 2) Only place your finger on the trigger if you are intending to discharge a bullet 3) (the most stressed of all) Never never never ever point a gun at something you are not willing to kill or destroy. 4) Always be aware and mindful of your target and what is behind it. Gun safety should really be just keeping guns out of leftists hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:23 pm 

If he wasn’t such a blowhard the blowback would just be petty sour grapes. But the guy guaranteed he wouldn’t be charged with a crime and gleefully boasted about it.

Some would just call that karma.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

George Clooney said he always opens the chamber and shows it to the other actors before the scene is shot. Makes sense to me. Seems like an obvious move to me. Not too difficult to do.

Just in simple terms. Forget it's a movie and he's an actor. In real life, can anybody use the excuse that they were told it was a "cold gun"? That they were just messing around in the backyard and had no idea it was loaded cuz somebody told them it wasn't. Pretty sure they couldn't. So I don't know why it's different just because you're shooting a movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

On a movie set, you have to violate all four rules to some degree. That's the point that I am making.

Spaulding wrote:
If he followed any of the 4 basic gun safety rules this wouldn't have occurred.
Here is why he can't.
Spaulding wrote:
If you are handling a gun you are suppose to 1) treat it as if it is loaded even if you have checked that it is not
So, it would be impossible to ever use a real gun on set unless you were alone in the direction. Even if he had checked to see it was empty it would violate rule 1 to fire it with people in the area.
Spaulding wrote:
2) Only place your finger on the trigger if you are intending to discharge a bullet
Now, I guess we can argue what a blank is, and if it constitutes a bullet not.
Spaulding wrote:
3) (the most stressed of all) Never never never ever point a gun at something you are not willing to kill or destroy.
This is the big one. On a movie set, you cannot do this. You will have to point your gun in the direction of other people who you are not willing to kill. It's far different than doing it in any other situation because it is needed to film scenes.
Spaulding wrote:
4) Always be aware and mindful of your target and what is behind it.
I don't know what the exact protocol is on a movie set but I have to imagine it is fairly common for guns to be used in a manner where some of the staff would be behind the area in which it is being fired. That's why they don't use real bullets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And there nothing is...unless it is you showing the world what a complete buffoon you are.

I've always found Baldwin attractive, funny, and a good actor. He is also a crazy leftist nut job who is a long time gun control advocate. If guns were so serious and dangerous he wouldn't be pointing them at people on the sets of movies. Not only did he pull the trigger but he was also the producer and bears the responsibility of overseeing safety issues on set. He tried to file an arbitration demand claiming it that it wasn't his responsibility to check the gun for live ammunition. He's tried to take no responsibility at all for it, it might have been better to just keep his mouth shut.

If he followed any of the 4 basic gun safety rules this wouldn't have occurred. If you are handling a gun you are suppose to 1) treat it as if it is loaded even if you have checked that it is not 2) Only place your finger on the trigger if you are intending to discharge a bullet 3) (the most stressed of all) Never never never ever point a gun at something you are not willing to kill or destroy. 4) Always be aware and mindful of your target and what is behind it. Gun safety should really be just keeping guns out of leftists hands.

Let's not lower ourselves to the point to where we're like dems. Railroading people because they don't like them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Let's not lower ourselves to the point to where we're like dems. Railroading people because they don't like them.

The rules may be horrible but they need to be evenly horrible.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:43 am 

Nardi wrote:

I don't know the right punishment for him but there is nothing railroading about what I said. His negligence killed somebody and he wants to take no responsibility for it. He should face some consequences or be held accountable in some way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nardi wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This arrogant asshole killed a woman, he needs a 3 or 4 year prison sentence for manslaughter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I hate Baldwin. Whether he goes to prison or not, he certainly is liable for unsafe weapons being on the set including live ammunition on the set. Somehow, this POS is going to piss and moan and try to make himself some kind of victim like his pal Joyless Behar of the View has already trotted out. Fuck him and these jerk-off liberal pieces of shit.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Last edited by The Hawk on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm 

Brick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

On a movie set, you have to violate all four rules to some degree. That's the point that I am making.

Spaulding wrote:
If he followed any of the 4 basic gun safety rules this wouldn't have occurred.
Here is why he can't.
Spaulding wrote:
If you are handling a gun you are suppose to 1) treat it as if it is loaded even if you have checked that it is not
So, it would be impossible to ever use a real gun on set unless you were alone in the direction. Even if he had checked to see it was empty it would violate rule 1 to fire it with people in the area.
Spaulding wrote:
2) Only place your finger on the trigger if you are intending to discharge a bullet
Now, I guess we can argue what a blank is, and if it constitutes a bullet not.
Spaulding wrote:
3) (the most stressed of all) Never never never ever point a gun at something you are not willing to kill or destroy.
This is the big one. On a movie set, you cannot do this. You will have to point your gun in the direction of other people who you are not willing to kill. It's far different than doing it in any other situation because it is needed to film scenes.
Spaulding wrote:
4) Always be aware and mindful of your target and what is behind it.
I don't know what the exact protocol is on a movie set but I have to imagine it is fairly common for guns to be used in a manner where some of the staff would be behind the area in which it is being fired. That's why they don't use real bullets.

Baldwin is responsible for everything on the set, including injuries on the set. This also was a cheapie movie with low budget people working multiple jobs. I'm sure that it will be a media circus when the prosecutor lays out the fact that there was live ammunition being fired by the same weapons used in the movie and the lack of double checking of the weapons for the kind of ammo in the guns themselves. A woman got killed and bottom line, Baldwin is ultimately responsible for her death.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:19 pm 

It's so fucking easy to make sure the gun you're using is not loaded. So fucking easy. This is clear negligence. He deserves to be in jail for years. No question about it. At all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The gun is irrelevant to the manslaughter charge. If he had been using a sword, and it slipped out of his hand and killed her, still manslaughter.

You could be driving, hit a patch of ice and slide into a pedestrian, killing them. Could also be charged with manslaughter, and the “weapon” would be a car.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Heisenberg wrote:
The gun is irrelevant to the manslaughter charge. If he had been using a sword, and it slipped out of his hand and killed her, still manslaughter.

You could be driving, hit a patch of ice and slide into a pedestrian, killing them. Could also be charged with manslaughter, and the “weapon” would be a car.

That's just wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
A groomer is being held accountable. Seems like a win.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

That's just wrong.

Right. That's an example that is wrong. The hitting the patch of ice thing and killing somebody. That's not involuntary manslaughter. C'mon.

But Baldwin had a gun in his hand. He shot it without checking it. That's involuntary manslaughter. Don't want't to hear how the girl was suppose to check the gung. You should be responsible for it when you shoot it.

Interesting that he claims he never pulled the trigger. Said he cocked it and it went off. The DA said that's impossible.

Listen, I feel bad for Baldwin. He lives in play land with these stupid movies. But when guns are involved you have to be serious and responsible. He wasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:53 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

He shouldn't see jail time but he should have to pay heavy retribution to the family and never be allowed to fire a gun on set again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:52 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

He shouldn't see jail time but he should have to pay heavy retribution to the family and never be allowed to fire a gun on set again.

He should absolutely be in prison. IT was HIS responsibility for the entire production. A woman was killed and it was he who killed her. Another person was also injured. I care less what the family settled for. Maybe they were just money hungry creeps? But Baldwin was liable for what he did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
This arrogant asshole ain't in the clear just yet.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/alec- ... an-31-2023

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

That's just wrong.

Right. That's an example that is wrong. The hitting the patch of ice thing and killing somebody. That's not involuntary manslaughter. C'mon.

But Baldwin had a gun in his hand. He shot it without checking it. That's involuntary manslaughter. Don't want't to hear how the girl was suppose to check the gung. You should be responsible for it when you shoot it.

Interesting that he claims he never pulled the trigger. Said he cocked it and it went off. The DA said that's impossible.

Listen, I feel bad for Baldwin. He lives in play land with these stupid movies. But when guns are involved you have to be serious and responsible. He wasn't.

It makes me hate him more. He accidentally killed someone. Instead of manning up to a mistake, he goes and makes excuses for it? Fuck him. Not a man.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:08 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:

He should absolutely be in prison. IT was HIS responsibility for the entire production. A woman was killed and it was he who killed her. Another person was also injured. I care less what the family settled for. Maybe they were just money hungry creeps? But Baldwin was liable for what he did.

It would be like trump's organization stealing nuclear secrets to sell to foreign companies for profit and then trump saying "I'm not responsible, I was only on the phone asking who has the most money for these papers"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Prosecutors got themselves a stool pigeon singing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next