It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chicago Sun-Times
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:45 pm 

Just burn it to the ground already. No need to employee a pandering ass kisser like this guy

Jason Lieser of the Chicago Sun-Times attended Pittsburgh Steelers OTAs to so how things were going for the former starting quarterback of the Chicago Bears. Lieser recounted his trip to Pittsburgh while appearing on The Bernstein and Holmes Show on 670 The Score in Chicago.

Lieser, who covers the Bears professionally, made a few astute observations in watching Fields now with his new employer. The biggest takeaways from Lieser's findings are that the Steelers are the far better run organization. Everything seems to be more open and less clandestine than in Chicago. For a multitude of reasons, Lieser gets the sense that Fields is refreshed and finally feels unencumbered.

Things may change in Halas Hall now that Caleb Williams is the quarterback, but this quote from Lieser is especially damning to the Bears organization. It sounds like they had no idea what to do.

"I think that the Steelers, even though it is only a one-year deal for Justin Fields right now, I think they have a better plan in place for him than the Bears had for him."

Post subject: Re: Chicago Sun-Times
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:38 pm 

more open and less clandestine does not equate to poorly run

I went to school with a guy who eventually joined the CIA named Les Clandestine

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:43 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I want to know how this guy gains all this information on Fields in PITT, when he just attended 1 OTA practice.

He says Fields is better setup for success in PITT. Based off what exactly? Gives no examples.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:54 pm 

Juiced wrote:
He says Fields is better setup for success in PITT. Based off what exactly? Gives no examples.

Based on not being with a shit organization.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
the Sun times is like 5 pages now. its more of a pamphlet

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The most successful organization in recent history was notorious for being clandestine.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
can’t wait for all the “Justin looks great in OTA’s , then training camp” videos that are going to come out and blasted all over the airwaves here as evidence that he’s really turning the corner, the same videos we just saw for the last three years here as he hit open receivers with no defenders on them , non-withstanding the fact that he is still the second string quarterback and isn’t better than Russell Wilson

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:31 am 

Juiced wrote:
Just burn it to the ground already. No need to employee a pandering ass kisser like this guy

Jason Lieser of the Chicago Sun-Times attended Pittsburgh Steelers OTAs to so how things were going for the former starting quarterback of the Chicago Bears. Lieser recounted his trip to Pittsburgh while appearing on The Bernstein and Holmes Show on 670 The Score in Chicago.

Lieser, who covers the Bears professionally, made a few astute observations in watching Fields now with his new employer. The biggest takeaways from Lieser's findings are that the Steelers are the far better run organization. Everything seems to be more open and less clandestine than in Chicago. For a multitude of reasons, Lieser gets the sense that Fields is refreshed and finally feels unencumbered.

Things may change in Halas Hall now that Caleb Williams is the quarterback, but this quote from Lieser is especially damning to the Bears organization. It sounds like they had no idea what to do.

"I think that the Steelers, even though it is only a one-year deal for Justin Fields right now, I think they have a better plan in place for him than the Bears had for him."

The Steelers have had zero losing seasons in the past twenty years and have won two Super Bowls during that time. The Bears have been an embarrassment. Nothing in what you posted strikes me as wrong or unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:13 pm 

In a surprising turn of events for NFL enthusiasts, former Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields seems to have found new vigor with the Pittsburgh Steelers, indicating a stark contrast in team management and personal freedom.

Lieser, a seasoned Bears correspondent, noted that the atmosphere in Pittsburgh is markedly more transparent and welcoming compared to Chicago. This openness is perceived as a breath of fresh air for Fields, who now seems unshackled and rejuvenated under the Steelers' more cohesive framework.

The key takeaway from Lieser's report is that the Steelers appear to have a more concrete and beneficial plan for Fields than the Bears ever did, despite it being just a one-year agreement currently. To the secrecy often associated with the Bears, Pittsburgh's open locker room policy and the PR staff's proactive engagement with the media exemplify the supportive environment Fields has stepped into.

Lieser recounted an instance where the PR team encouraged Fields to interact with the media post-practice, underscoring the team's inclusive approach.

Pro-Bowl or bust. :lol: I would ask Lieser how watching R.Wilson from the bench is a better plan compared to having the offense designed to your talents for multiple years?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:18 pm 

One Post wrote:
Juiced wrote:

The Steelers have had zero losing seasons in the past twenty years and have won two Super Bowls during that time. The Bears have been an embarrassment. Nothing in what you posted strikes me as wrong or unbelievable.

How did that work out for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? He had more success with the Bears then the Steelers zero losing seasons int he past twenty years franchise.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Douchebag wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Of course this is an expected reaction by the Caleb Cult on the board. Instead of just letting the football play out, any success by Fields at Pittsburgh will be ignored and criticized while the Caleb Cult will glorify every marginal "factoid" made up by a Caleb groupie on this board. :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 2:15 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Of course this is an expected reaction by the Caleb Cult on the board. Instead of just letting the football play out, any success by Fields at Pittsburgh will be ignored and criticized while the Caleb Cult will glorify every marginal "factoid" made up by a Caleb groupie on this board. :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

What?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 2:57 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Juiced wrote:

What?

:lol: Image

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I want to know how this guy gains all this information on Fields in PITT, when he just attended 1 OTA practice.

because that gets him more radio appearances on 670. Friend of the narrative.