It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Did they ever put Dateline back on?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hussra wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Hussra wrote:

The right substances and alcohol, I maybe could handle it without thinking the entire time that I'm the guy I used to make fun of when i'd seem em out at the club with someone younger.

That's a little sad. There is nothing wrong with older/younger relationships but there is a lot wrong with meaningless sexual relationships or if you are using someone for sex.

Spaulding, destroyer of old men's dreams.

https://youtu.be/XnBSmjDEVVQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Hussra wrote:

The right substances and alcohol, I maybe could handle it without thinking the entire time that I'm the guy I used to make fun of when i'd seem em out at the club with someone younger.

That's a little sad. There is nothing wrong with older/younger relationships but there is a lot wrong with meaningless sexual relationships or if you are using someone for sex.

Spaulding, destroyer of old men's dreams.

https://youtu.be/XnBSmjDEVVQ

Pretty good. Dude voted for Shirley Chisolm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Link, your a middle aged man who posts on a board that inconsequential, has no wife, no hopes for one and spends his free time in state you describe as shit hole. That's what troubles me.

Get a life. Go live beyond that incredibly small prism you look through. Doing something tangible so that you don't have to come here to run others down in order to feel better about yourself.

Being a miserable douche is your choice. There are others, make a different choice.

Guys get married for regular sex, that is for simps. It's much better to be the old guy at the club.

It's much worse actually.

I ran a very popular club. Desperate and lonely men of any age at closing time was never a pretty site.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Link, your a middle aged man who posts on a board that inconsequential, has no wife, no hopes for one and spends his free time in state you describe as shit hole. That's what troubles me.

Get a life. Go live beyond that incredibly small prism you look through. Doing something tangible so that you don't have to come here to run others down in order to feel better about yourself.

Being a miserable douche is your choice. There are others, make a different choice.

Guys get married for regular sex, that is for simps. It's much better to be the old guy at the club.

I ran a very popular club. Desperate and lonely men of any age at closing time was never a pretty site.

Need to hear more about Seacrest Road Rod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
It's universally, morally superior to support innocent life at all times

Something has to die for all of us to live. From plants to animals.

Which, has nothing to do with the destruction of, or the intentionally taking of innocent human life.

I don't disagree, but then we're just saying our lives are more valuable than the rest of life on Earth.

Isn't that the entire premise of the religion you supposedly believe? Man is created in God's image. Pigs and cats are not.

I know His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. That's why He told me to ask Him if I lack wisdom. I'm a man in constant need of understanding.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:09 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Not if you had coke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:12 am 
100000 CLUB

If I ran a club, I would modify the lighting. No one should be surprised by who they're leaving a club with. You would think male club owners would understand this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:19 am 

Nas wrote:
If I ran a club, I would modify the lighting. No one should be surprised by who they're leaving a club with. You would think male club owners would understand this.

That's an issue I never ran into. If I was there at a club's closing time, it was much more likely that I was thinking about grabbing some food. But then again I haven't been "clubbing" in around thirty years. And couldn't imagine wanting to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Ironically enough when I was a younger guy I hung out in my share of bars with a number of older, married guys that dreaded like hell to have to go home to their nagging, unemployed wife who they only remained married to because it would cost them a helluva lot of coin if they ever decided to get a divorce. #Truth

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's an issue I never ran into. If I was there at a club's closing time, it was much more likely that I was thinking about grabbing some food. But then again I haven't been "clubbing" in around thirty years. And couldn't imagine wanting to.

A younger Nas even ran into this issue sober at a house party. I was mortified by the sunlight. BTW, I have 15/20 vision.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:30 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

When I was younger I did my fair share of clubs and the shit was fun for the most part. I couldn't imagine wanting to do anything else at that age. Now what I find are a great number of people that are my age that missed it for the most part trying to.make up for lost time by hanging out at the local lounge or bar.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:35 am 

20/20, 21/21, whatever it takes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Not if you had coke.

Coke increased the desperation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:

They do understand it.

Darker lighting sets the mood.

The desperate single men don't care about looks when the lights go up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nardi wrote:
20/20, 21/21, whatever it takes.

You don't often see a Mr. Mom reference.

Though seems appropriate in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:53 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

They do understand it.

The prevalence of (industrial) psychology in all facets of life is pretty frightening. And cynical.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:03 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

They do understand it.

There's a guy in the neighborhood who has an office around the corner from the neighborhood bar. Apparently its the after hours hook up location.

Gross men and women lost in themselves, walking around like vampires looking for any prey. Neither sex is afraid to push hard to find a person in a moment of weakness so that they can make their lives just as miserable as their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

i think that sums it up well. the pro-illegal immigration arguments go beyond absurdity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

i think that sums it up well. the pro-illegal immigration arguments go beyond absurdity.

Ignoring the moral arguments on illegal immigration, I think MANY conservatives understand the pro/con arguments because they are the ones who hire and profit from their cheap labor. They hate illegal immigrants, but love paying them half of the minimum wage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

Instagram filters have recreated the low-lighting club effect on the internet, 10x'd it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

Instagram filters have recreated the low-lighting club effect on the internet, 10x'd it.

Absolutely. Angles too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:26 am 

Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

Absolutely. Angles too.

CH's guy DFW predicted all this in IJ, back in 96.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:27 am 

Nas wrote:

Ignoring the moral arguments on illegal immigration, I think MANY conservatives understand the pro/con arguments because they are the ones who hire and profit from their cheap labor. They hate illegal immigrants, but love paying them half of the minimum wage.

if you've ever eaten at any restaurant with a kitchen in Chicago or any other major American city, you've profited from illegal immigration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:32 am 

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

if you've ever eaten at any restaurant with a kitchen in Chicago or any other major American city, you've profited from illegal immigration.

Don't stop there, "they" are us already. Which always makes the scalded cat screaming bizarre.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nas wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

many conservatives? no. the 1%ers, corporate farms and slaughter-houses. the insurance companies, who profit from them having drivers licenses and these new drivers 'must' purchase insurance.

and i thought all biden voters had stock in exxon mobil because joe wanted to crimp oil production behind the facade of caring about the environment. you must believe that all republicans are worth at least $10 million.

when i first started voting, the democratic party was firmly anti-illegal immigrant. what happened?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you've had any lawn service or demo/drywall work, there is also a chance that illegal immigrants performed the labor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I broke up with a girlfriend at the L&L Tavern because she asked me where our relationship was going. I told her I couldn't predict the future. I like being with you. I assume you like being with me. So we're here. If that changes, I guess we won't be. Don't ask me questions like that. I don't work that way. On some schedule. Things have to develop organically for me.

But I understand better now how thinking about that stuff is more important to a woman in her late 20s/early 30s who wants to have a family. Even though I was older than she was, I was the immature one. Ironically, until I met my wife, she was the only girlfriend I had who I would have considered marrying.

Have you relayed the L&L story on this board before? I'm having deja vu all over again reading it. Maybe it was a different L&L story. Not recalling the reality check with the gf part of it.

I always figured you should only marry if there's kids involved. But getting older I'm starting to see the value in it independent of child-rearing. Partly because you can pass on your baseball card collection to your wife tax free when you die.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Do all relationships have to be headed for the altar or they're not worth it?

Ironically, until I met my wife, she was the only girlfriend I had who I would have considered marrying.

Because of my band, I do find myself at bars at closing time. It is strange being the older guy there. I talk to people, but I'm pretty sure I have a very strong "not interested" aura coming out of me :lol:

Nothing wrong with middle-aged men and women being single....I think I'd be ok if I was, but I'm very happy NOT being that older guy at closing time. The short 2 year period I was single as a forty-something, I found the whole game weird and awkward.

The thing I do find sad and pathetic are the married men and women out there looking for attention / companionship that they're lacking from their spouses who don't have the balls to fix their unhappiness. No shortage of that for sure. I used to attract a lot of that and when I was in my first marriage I was definitely part of it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Gross men and women lost in themselves, walking around like vampires looking for any prey. Neither sex is afraid to push hard to find a person in a moment of weakness so that they can make their lives just as miserable as their own.

I guess for some it beats running around being overly concerned about whether a "chick has a dick" or not. Or what their having a "dick" happens to do with me or society for that matter.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next