It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Nas wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

i think that sums it up well. the pro-illegal immigration arguments go beyond absurdity.

Ignoring the moral arguments on illegal immigration, I think MANY conservatives understand the pro/con arguments because they are the ones who hire and profit from their cheap labor. They hate illegal immigrants, but love paying them half of the minimum wage.

many conservatives? no. the 1%ers, corporate farms and slaughter-houses. the insurance companies, who profit from them having drivers licenses and these new drivers 'must' purchase insurance.

and i thought all biden voters had stock in exxon mobil because joe wanted to crimp oil production behind the facade of caring about the environment. you must believe that all republicans are worth at least $10 million.

when i first started voting, the democratic party was firmly anti-illegal immigrant. what happened?

"They" didn't mean blue collar Republicans. They was about the wealthy Republicans who simultaneously profit from illegal immigration AND politically oppose it with strong rhetoric. They are the folks behind the marketing campaign that has MANY hating Hispanics.

Biden hasn't tried to slow oil production. He pushed out oil from our strategic reserves. Oil production was destroyed when the economy shutdown in 2020. Oil producers had to pay to get rid of their product. They recouped their losses over the past year after getting bailed out by President Trump.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Do all relationships have to be headed for the altar or they're not worth it?

Ironically, until I met my wife, she was the only girlfriend I had who I would have considered marrying.

Because of my band, I do find myself at bars at closing time. It is strange being the older guy there. I talk to people, but I'm pretty sure I have a very strong "not interested" aura coming out of me :lol:

Nothing wrong with middle-aged men and women being single....I think I'd be ok if I was, but I'm very happy NOT being that older guy at closing time. The short 2 year period I was single as a forty-something, I found the whole game weird and awkward.

The thing I do find sad and pathetic are the married men and women out there looking for attention / companionship that they're lacking from their spouses who don't have the balls to fix their unhappiness. No shortage of that for sure. I used to attract a lot of that and when I was in my first marriage I was definitely part of it.

People can be "happy" in their marriage or relationship and want to have sex with someone else. Our society doesn't understand that and considers those people evil.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Ironically, until I met my wife, she was the only girlfriend I had who I would have considered marrying.

Because of my band, I do find myself at bars at closing time. It is strange being the older guy there. I talk to people, but I'm pretty sure I have a very strong "not interested" aura coming out of me :lol:

Nothing wrong with middle-aged men and women being single....I think I'd be ok if I was, but I'm very happy NOT being that older guy at closing time. The short 2 year period I was single as a forty-something, I found the whole game weird and awkward.

The thing I do find sad and pathetic are the married men and women out there looking for attention / companionship that they're lacking from their spouses who don't have the balls to fix their unhappiness. No shortage of that for sure. I used to attract a lot of that and when I was in my first marriage I was definitely part of it.

People can be "happy" in their marriage or relationship and want to have sex with someone else. Our society doesn't understand that and considers those people evil.

:lol: I don't think society considers them evil.
There's a huge difference between finding others attractive and wanting to have sex with others. Sure some people have open marriages, but I think most follow the premise of monogamy behind being married :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Missing Link wrote:

Ironically enough when I was a younger guy I hung out in my share of bars with a number of older, married guys that dreaded like hell to have to go home to their nagging, unemployed wife who they only remained married to because it would cost them a helluva lot of coin if they ever decided to get a divorce. #Truth

that's the major downside to getting hitched. plus divorce from what i've seen of it from the outside looking in looks like fucking hell on earth for a few years.

older brother went through marital troubles with his 2nd go round at marriage. trial separation but living under the same roof, wtf is that shit. Calling me to sim-swap hack into his wife's facebook to see what she was doing while on a separate vacation, having me install initially obvious cameras (which she promptly busted up and took down--and i stupidly used my own freaking cameras from my house that i didn't really need, neither of them has offered to pay for the lost gear) and then eventually hidden cameras so he could make sure she didn't make off with all the stuff in the house while he was at work during the day. Everyone else in the family who has gotten married has stayed married (not necessarily happily, from what I can tell), he's the only one with these troubles. I wouldn't wanna have that bucket of divorce suck for anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I think people understand this quite well. It's human nature to want something that isn't good for us.

It's wrong to be unfaithful . MANY have lost sight of that fact.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Hussra wrote:
:|
I always figured you should only marry if there's kids involved. But getting older I'm starting to see the value in it independent of child-rearing. Partly because you can pass on your baseball card collection to your wife tax free when you die.

There are merits to both. If marriage were truly the panacea that MANY claim and fallaciously believe it to be then the divorce rate in this country would not be nearly as high as it is.
And even some of those that stay together do so for reasons (sake of the kids, financial considsrations etc) unrelated to them being truly "happy".

There are a number of rather "miserable" and married couples that would stand to be a helluva happier if they just simply decided to end the marriage.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
There's a huge difference between finding others attractive and wanting to have sex with others. Sure some people have open marriages, but I think most follow the premise of monogamy behind being married :lol:

No man masturbates to pictures or videos of their wife/girlfriend. We have an innate desire to have sex with more than one person for 50+ years. Conforming to the demands of society and attempting to suppress that urge doesn't lead to happiness. It leads to resentment or infidelity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

if you do that open marriage thing eventually you'll end up slapping Chris Rock across the face on national tv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I think people understand this quite well. It's human nature to want something that isn't good for us.

That's because of society. A man can protect, provide and even nurture his family while occasionally doing what's totally natural.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I guess I don't understand the point of an "open" marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

No man masturbates to pictures or videos of their wife/girlfriend. We have an innate desire to have sex with more than one person for 50+ years. Conforming to the demands of society and attempting to suppress that urge doesn't lead to happiness. It leads to resentment or infidelity.

We have an innate desire for a lot of things.

This Libertine Nas character of the past few months is the most notable heel turn on this board since Joey the Red.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

It may be a desire, but it's certainly not innate.

And that's before we get to the fact that we are different then animals. We have a mind, a will and an intellect and can control our desires

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I guess I don't understand the point of an "open" marriage.

It's still a marriage. Society wants to shame anyone who doesn't conform to its rigid beliefs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Dunno about that. I remember joking around with a sales guy in Best Buy about camcorder tripods back in the early nineties. His thing was they couldn’t keep them in stock. Couples were clearing the shelves

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

We have an innate desire for a lot of things.

This Libertine Nas character of the past few months is the most notable heel turn on this board since Joey the Red.

Really? What's changed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:17 pm 

I think Nas started a hippie commune

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nas wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Nas wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I do think left wing types tend to argue right/wrong around topics that conservatives look at through a pro/con lens (tax policy, immigration, etc.). That’s not to say conservatives never moralize - obviously they do. But there’s a difference in saying something is morally wrong and saying the policies you support have more negatives than positives.

i think that sums it up well. the pro-illegal immigration arguments go beyond absurdity.

Ignoring the moral arguments on illegal immigration, I think MANY conservatives understand the pro/con arguments because they are the ones who hire and profit from their cheap labor. They hate illegal immigrants, but love paying them half of the minimum wage.

many conservatives? no. the 1%ers, corporate farms and slaughter-houses. the insurance companies, who profit from them having drivers licenses and these new drivers 'must' purchase insurance.

and i thought all biden voters had stock in exxon mobil because joe wanted to crimp oil production behind the facade of caring about the environment. you must believe that all republicans are worth at least $10 million.

when i first started voting, the democratic party was firmly anti-illegal immigrant. what happened?

"They" didn't mean blue collar Republicans. They was about the wealthy Republicans who simultaneously profit from illegal immigration AND politically oppose it with strong rhetoric. They are the folks behind the marketing campaign that has MANY hating Hispanics.

Biden hasn't tried to slow oil production. He pushed out oil from our strategic reserves. Oil production was destroyed when the economy shutdown in 2020. Oil producers had to pay to get rid of their product. They recouped their losses over the past year after getting bailed out by President Trump.

ok. if profit for a tiny percentage of wealthy repubs was the motivator for repub politicians turning their heads away from illegal immigration, what is the democratic party motivator in favor of illegal immigration? an estimated 5.5 million illegals allowed in this nation since biden took office. there has to be a motivator? is it for altruistic reasons as antioch says? remember, even the UN says that economic gain is not sufficient for requesting asylum from any nation.

hating hispanics? i see the democratic party launch a campaign of telling me that i'm hateful if i oppose illegal immigration. meanwhile, millions of africans, europeans and asians have to stand in line, pay money, take physicals and/or win a visa lottery to come here, legally. why is there a different criteria for those unlucky enough to be born in the wrong hemisphere?

you haven't answered the question as to why the democrats encourage illegal immigration. is it to also exploit cheap labor? is it because they 'care'?

as far as oil, if you believe releasing oil from the strategic reserves (must be replaced) boosted production, not sure how anyone could answer that....more than a few energy analysts will tell you to expect oil to be in the $110s-$120/bbl this year. yes, the american economy has shrunk and will further shrink, but, china is coming back on. i hope oil stays down, but, not at the expense of the american economy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

:lol: I do have more hair than I've ever had in my life. That doesn't answer my question. There isn't one core belief or political belief of mine that's changed. I'm consistently consistent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:27 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Gross men and women lost in themselves, walking around like vampires looking for any prey. Neither sex is afraid to push hard to find a person in a moment of weakness so that they can make their lives just as miserable as their own.

I guess for some it beats running around being overly concerned about whether a "chick has a dick" or not. Or what their having a "dick" happens to do with me or society for that matter.

I feel that you have popularized a stylistic movement on this board of using quotation marks. Quotation use has to be up at least "200-300%."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: I do have more hair than I've ever had in my life. That doesn't answer my question. There isn't one core belief or political belief of mine that's changed. I'm consistently consistent.

you don't really want to live by the guiding principal being the pursuit of personal pleasure and you don't want a society that does either

I think you need to research the anthropological opinions on the origins of human society. You interpret coupling to be a societal imposition but the more likely scenario society developed out of the voluntary act of coupling.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
you don't really want to live by the guiding principal being the pursuit of personal pleasure and you don't want a society that does either

I think you need to research the anthropological opinions on the origins of human society. You interpret coupling to be a societal imposition but the more likely scenario society developed out of the voluntary act of coupling.

That is the society we are headed toward if we aren't there already. People are their desires now and if you don't celebrate that you aren't accepting them and you are intolerant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Maybe you're thinking that I am saying that I am living my life this way or I want to live my life this way. That isn't accurate. I'm mostly a squarish and dutiful man with a little rebel in me. Probably not enough rebel to ever cause me any significant problems. I also haven't argued that society should be a giant orgy. I see the benefits to our current structure; however, I don't think one size has to fit all. That's my primary argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That is the society we are headed toward if we aren't there already. People are their desires now and if you don't celebrate that you aren't accepting them and you are intolerant.

We are there, and morality is relative.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Do we really want to live in a world where polyamory is accepted as legitimate and people are out there drinking mulled wine in public?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Do we really want to live in a world where polyamory is accepted as legitimate and people are out there drinking mulled wine in public?

I would argue we've always lived in this world and we always will. It's highly unlikely it'll ever become widespread. The same is true for homosexuality.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Gross men and women lost in themselves, walking around like vampires looking for any prey. Neither sex is afraid to push hard to find a person in a moment of weakness so that they can make their lives just as miserable as their own.

I guess for some it beats running around being overly concerned about whether a "chick has a dick" or not. Or what their having a "dick" happens to do with me or society for that matter.

I feel that you have popularized a stylistic movement on this board of using quotation marks. Quotation use has to be up at least "200-300%."

Just simply "Cornering the Market" on the use of "scare quotes" Some might say.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Seacrest wrote:

Matt Abbatacola wrote:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Regardless of what your religion says, being unfaithful and being in an open relationship aren't necessarily the same thing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

Do we want to? no. Is it going to happen? probably

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And you the misuse of the quote function.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next