It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Can be anywhere in public really, but super fuck you with it while I’m eating with someone and trying to talk to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Two handed texting at urinals and talking on the phone in a public toilet stall….please stop people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This is all covered in those don't grow up to be your parents commercials. They crack me up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Wear a mask, problem solved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
my wife uses speakerphone around the house and it drives me fucking crazy, let alone strangers in a public setting. Speakerphone is great for WHEN YOU ARE ALONE or in your office with others on a conference call.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I support all nominations mentioned in this thread.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
man of few opinions wrote:
my wife uses speakerphone around the house and it drives me fucking crazy, let alone strangers in a public setting. Speakerphone is great for WHEN YOU ARE ALONE or in your office with others on a conference call.

I do too and my husband hates it. I can't hear if it's not on speaker though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Spaulding wrote:

I use speaker if i know i'll be talking for more than 1-2 minutes; compared to an old school phone you could cradle, holding up a cell phone to your ear for longer than a few minutes gets real annoying

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I use speaker if i know i'll be talking for more than 1-2 minutes; compared to an old school phone you could cradle, holding up a cell phone to your ear for longer than a few minutes gets real annoying

That’s why God made headphones.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:16 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:56 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Wear a mask, problem solved

in 3 more years

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Fuck all that. Bagels is 100% correct. If I get a call in private it's on speaker phone. If I'm in public I let it go to voicemail. I'll call them back when I get in the car. Smart phones are great for everything except for talking on the phone. I'm not going to be one of those douchebags walking around with earbuds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

If that's why people are using speaker phone in public, that's completely ridiculous. If you are too lazy to hold the phone to your ear, don't take any calls in public.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:50 am 

Franky T wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Fuck all that. Bagels is 100% correct. If I get a call in private it's on speaker phone. If I'm in public I let it go to voicemail. I'll call them back when I get in the car. Smart phones are great for everything except for talking on the phone. I'm not going to be one of those douchebags walking around with earbuds.

I use the earbuds a lot, but I totally agree with you in public settings. People just yacking away in public about random shit wearing earbuds is ridiculous. If it's an important business call sit in your car or find an isolated spot. Yes, it's better than speaker phone, but my god...the whole one earbud yacking away at the urinal is cringe.

Spaulding talking on the phone in the comfort of her own home is different scenario. You may want to consider earbuds :)

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:51 am 

...and for the record, my older son uses the speakerphone in his room all the time and has a loud voice. He has no idea how silly he sounds and my wife makes fun of him all the time :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I WISH I would use the speaker. I'm just too private.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I hate motherfuckers that use the speakerphone in restaurants. But I have asked myself why that is. If the guy on the other end was sitting at the table in the restaurant, the conversation wouldn't bother me, so why does him being on the phone infuriate me so? Am I being irrational?

But even worse than the phone conversation is when some asshole plays his media over the speaker,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Franky T wrote:
I'm not going to be one of those douchebags walking around with earbuds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:28 am 

I guess i need to clarify, but i think i'm mostly with Franky. I'm not saying i'm the person who's doing it in a restaurant. I'm saying in private i always use speaker. If i have to talk in public i don't. I also don't often have situations where i need to talk for an extended period of time in public. I'm not a mover or a shaker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:33 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I hate motherfuckers that use the speakerphone in restaurants. But I have asked myself why that is. If the guy on the other end was sitting at the table in the restaurant, the conversation wouldn't bother me, so why does him being on the phone infuriate me so? Am I being irrational?

But even worse than the phone conversation is when some asshole plays his media over the speaker,

I guess this generation just assumes they are on the other end of the speakerphone? I wouldn't like it because I might yell out burrito at any point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:58 am 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I guess this generation just assumes they are on the other end of the speakerphone? I wouldn't like it because I might yell out burrito at any point.

I've seen quite a few older people who clearly believe that every word of their phone calls are the most important things happening at that moment. Honestly I see that as a lack of civility and remarkably low class. Alone at home or in your car, speakerphone is fine, if not you generally look like an ass imho.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:02 am 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

George: Who's that?

Jerry: It's Kramer.

George: Hey Kramer.

Jerry: George says hi.

Kramer shouts to the telephone: Hi George!

George: How's that Tony?

Jerry: Why don't you just come over?

George: Why can't we do this on the phone? What's Kramer doing now?

Jerry: He's looking on to fridgerator.

George: Kramer. Anything good in there? Any Popsicles?

Jerry: I can't do this.

Kramer: So, what's George doing?

Jerry: He's not doing anything. Goodbye!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've seen quite a few older people who clearly believe that every word of their phone calls are the most important things happening at that moment. Honestly I see that as a lack of civility and remarkably low class. Alone at home or in your car, speakerphone is fine, if not you generally look like an ass imho.

Couple things... You are right RR but I will add people don't even have to be on speaker phone to be asshats. Some are way too loud for a one sided conversation even.

Also, I am too old that I always tell someone when the call starts that they are on speaker phone if they are. I am not sure everyone does anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:13 am 

Earbud guy and speakerphone guy are both worthy DBs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I see you've met my brother in law.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:04 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Your brother-in-law is a black yute?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Ugh. The worst is when it's kids playing a game with some stupid electronic sounds. I just want to take the device and chuck it across the room.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Nardi wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, he's a 40 year old white dude who brings a speaker to bars and restaurants so he can listen to his own music.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, he's a 40 year old white dude who brings a speaker to bars and restaurants so he can listen to his own music.

That’s kind of hilarious.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:46 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That’s kind of pathetic .

Fixed