It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Comcast!
I've had Comcast for longer than I care to admit. A couple years ago I wanted to change some things on my router to allow upnp and apparently I wasn't allowed to do that so I clicked on the link for chat. I get 502 Bad Gateway. So I call, and long story shot I couldn't speak to anything other than some weird AI that makes fake typing sounds and just wants me to texts with a link to walk me thru the changes. 502 Bad Gateway on that link. Infigured it out on my own so fuck it. Didn't think about it for years.
So they sent me a text a week ago saying they'd be upgrading in my area. Today at 8a I get a text saying they'd be starting and there would be some brief outages. It was out still at 5 when I got a text saying everything should be back up, text 1 for it's up text 2 for its not. I text 2. Not up. The reply I got said "I'm not sure about that, click this link for troubleshooting" click the link... 502 Bad Gateway. I call, the robot wants to text me a troubleshooting template. 502 Bad Gateway. Robot tells me she's gonna hang up unless I need more. I say it's not working. Fake typing. They say there's an outage in your area and speaking to a live rep wouldn't fix it faster and hung up.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Go tankless or move or die in a fire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Go tankless or move or go die in a fire.

You work for Comcast?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You work for Comcast?

For 37 years and 83 days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:03 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You work for Comcast?

Impressive. Have you ever solved a problem in that time?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You work for Comcast?

The problem is DRUMPF!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You work for Comcast?

The problem is DRUMPF!

So... no.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:10 pm 

Just asking a question

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Just call and say you want to cancel service, that will get you a live operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I was hired by a Canadian company out of school doing video production. That company became TCI and that company eventually turned into Comcast.

I was tasked with creating a training video for the cable installers, circa 1985...we asked the manager of that department to sit with us to help develop a script...he wouldn't have anything to do with it, so he told us to just go out and shoot Installer X, because he was the guy training all the installers...and than he would sit with us and edit it later...

As were editing, the manager realized the guy who had been training everyone was a complete fuck up and did nothing right :lol: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I hate having to talk to them about anything. I got the aggressive robot a few years ago because I was trying to call about them gouging me an extra $100 for data overages during covid.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
My Quicken file goes back to January of 1995. I have about 2 1/2 years of monthly payments to TCI, the first one $20.95 and the last one $29.34 :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Years ago, I gave the cable man $100 for every channel. My cable bill was less than $10 a month. Then they went with the digital crap, and my bill ended up being well over $100.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
When I started with Dish in 2010 it was $62.99. I finally pulled the plug in June of 2020 when it got to be $124.04. Of course they offered me all kinds of deals to stay but I declined and went with You Tube TV. $64.99 and I couldn't be happier. Especially because we split time between Illinois and Wisconsin it is nice not paying for 2 tv services. Although YouTube just did announce a price increase :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!
I've had Comcast for longer than I care to admit. A couple years ago I wanted to change some things on my router to allow upnp and apparently I wasn't allowed to do that so I clicked on the link for chat. I get 502 Bad Gateway. So I call, and long story shot I couldn't speak to anything other than some weird AI that makes fake typing sounds and just wants me to texts with a link to walk me thru the changes. 502 Bad Gateway on that link. Infigured it out on my own so fuck it. Didn't think about it for years.
So they sent me a text a week ago saying they'd be upgrading in my area. Today at 8a I get a text saying they'd be starting and there would be some brief outages. It was out still at 5 when I got a text saying everything should be back up, text 1 for it's up text 2 for its not. I text 2. Not up. The reply I got said "I'm not sure about that, click this link for troubleshooting" click the link... 502 Bad Gateway. I call, the robot wants to text me a troubleshooting template. 502 Bad Gateway. Robot tells me she's gonna hang up unless I need more. I say it's not working. Fake typing. They say there's an outage in your area and speaking to a live rep wouldn't fix it faster and hung up.

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

No you think that would help?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:41 pm 

Go to one of their stores and talk to a non-foreign human being. You'll thank me later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:18 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

Of course I reset the gateway. Reset it by power cycling and reset it with the command in the gateway admin menu itself. I also changed the oil and filter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:21 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

Of course I reset the gateway. Reset it by power cycling and reset it with the command in the gateway admin menu itself. I also changed the oil and filter.

Did you check the Johnson Rod?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:22 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

Did you check the Johnson Rod?

Circumcised.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

Maybe try it again.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:23 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Comcast!

It might

Maybe try it again.

Still circumcised (do they grow back??)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
They have cable out there? Jeez, next thing you know they'll have indoor plumbing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:18 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Go to one of their stores and talk to a non-foreign human being. You'll thank me later.

This. We have one about 15 min away and it’s really, as the kids say, a game changer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
a genius wrote:
When I started with Dish in 2010 it was $62.99. I finally pulled the plug in June of 2020 when it got to be $124.04. Of course they offered me all kinds of deals to stay but I declined and went with You Tube TV. $64.99 and I couldn't be happier. Especially because we split time between Illinois and Wisconsin it is nice not paying for 2 tv services. Although YouTube just did announce a price increase :(

We have YouTube too. The other similar providers cost about the same. Hulu and something else I'd never heard of. I never had cable growing up. I hope we go back to that someday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 am 

depending on what you want to watch, eventually people will again be paying cable-like prices because the streaming services change their lineups and ditch stuff that gets picked up by other streaming services.

in cable world, a run of "step by step" or "family ties" or "barney miller" might run on TruTV or MeTV or something for a while, then get ditched and find its way on Ion or COZI. in the streaming world, you're paying for Hulu while it carries that. then they ditch it, and it winds up on Prime or Paramount+.

cable works best for me, but my bill is over $230 a month and i don't have HBO, or any premium channels. it was about $200, but xfinity finds ways to keep upping my bill little by little.

the garbled customer service reps don't help at all. hence, gotta go to the store.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BLUEHOST??

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.